Delta variant taking over in Bangkok, spreads to 46 other provinces

snoop1130

ภาพคนใส่หน้ากากอนามัย_210705.jpg

The COVID-19 Delta variant has been found in more than half of the samples received recently from Bangkok, and has spread to 46 other provinces across the country, according to the Department of Medical Sciences today (Monday).

Of the 936 samples collected over the past week in Bangkok, the Delta variant makes up 52%, followed by Alpha at 47.8%, said Department Director-General Dr. Supakit Sirilak.

Of the 11,233 samples received since April 1st, 9,209 were of the Alpha variant (81.98%), 721 were of the Delta strain (16.36%) and 186 were of the Beta strain (1.66%).

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/delta-variant-taking-over-in-bangkok-spreads-to-46-other-provinces/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-07-05

• Sad 1

As to paper mask, here in states wore a thin cotton mask for the entire year. Only time I caught a cold (2x) was when I didn't wear it (after they were not required). That small data sample shows to me that any kind of mask will be helpful.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

Is this the start of the fourth wave?

Going to be the last wave for many... provinces with Delta variant is climbing rapidly, soon to be followed by patients.

This month is going to be interesting.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

why are they wearing paper masks?

all that is is a piece of paper without a virus filter inside.

And if it is so transmissible why are there no bio-hazard bins to dispose of all the used face masks

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

why are they wearing paper masks?

all that is is a piece of paper without a virus filter inside.

The intent of the paper mask is to stop the wearer from spreading aeresolized and particulate gob to others... same reason surgeons wear them. It IS NOT to protect the wearer.

7 minutes ago, Boedog said:

And if it is so transmissible why are there no bio-hazard bins to dispose of all the used face masks

Because the life-span of the virus on surfaces is relatively short. This is why we are not disinfecting our groceries anymore...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If this is true they need to stop using Chinese vaccines. Why? Because it has  little affect on Delta after 2 jabs. The Chinese are talking about a third jab Booster to lift its strength against the Delta Variant  

1 minute ago, Dogmatix said:

We have been reading reportes by "leading Thai virologists" that delta just might become the dominant strain in 3-4 months.  Now it's already the dominant strain in bangkok if it's 52%. 

I wonder what qualifications are needed to become a leading Thai virologist.

Two 8 hour classes

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mikebike said:

The intent of the paper mask is to stop the wearer from spreading aeresolized and particulate gob to others... same reason surgeons wear them. It IS NOT to protect the wearer.

i don't care. i want a cloth mask with a virus filter in there. wearing a paper is nutso.

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

We have been reading reportes by "leading Thai virologists" that delta just might become the dominant strain in 3-4 months.  Now it's already the dominant strain in bangkok if it's 52%. 

I wonder what qualifications are needed to become a leading Thai virologist.

Your Fathers Uncle had a Dog that was loved by someone 'Important' !