Norwegian in Thailand asks his government for vaccine help

snoop1130

Stopped reading at Pattaya.

He's clearly chosen and prioritised cheap woman and sex over his health. Perhaps it's time to call it a day.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Classically trained musician, ex bar owner 

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

He's clearly chosen and prioritised cheap woman and sex over his health. Perhaps it's time to call it a day.

Says an ex-bar owner who had no problem profiting from his customers.

17 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

Perhaps it's time to call it a day.

What an astonishing thing to say to another human being.

You are quite a piece of work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Poet said:

Says an ex-bar owner who had no problem profiting from his customers.

What an astonishing thing to say to another human being.

You are quite a piece of work.

By call it a day, I meant fly home to Norway to take care if his health. 

What are you suggesting I meant?

Sincerely 

MORRIS

1 minute ago, KhunMorris said:

By call it a day, I meant fly home to Norway to take care if his health.

Flying home to Norway might be what you meant but it is by no means the most obvious interpretation of what you wrote:

30 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

Following such an uncharitable interpretation of why he might be living in Pattaya (whose wider area is the largest destination outside Spain for retiring Scandinavians, and where he is the secretary of a society for Scandinavian expats), the obvious interpretation is that you think he should "call it a day" by topping himself.

If that is not the case, perhaps there's hope for you yet. It would not hurt, however, to express yourself more clearly when slurring other expats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the biggest scandal is that private hospitals weren't even allowed to order vaccines in time.

I would have paid the 3000 or 4000 baht required, but noooo... just only recently the first doses were ordered, and of course nothing will be available for months.

as I'm under 50, I'll probably have to travel back to Europe to get a vaccine.

• Like 1

I do realize now... if the democracy movement had continued, Thailand would probably have fended off that 3rd wave of the virus.

The government's policy since a couple of weeks before Songkran was irresponsible.

45 minutes ago, Poet said:

Flying home to Norway might be what you meant but it is by no means the most obvious interpretation of what you wrote:

Following such an uncharitable interpretation of why he might be living in Pattaya (whose wider area is the largest destination outside Spain for retiring Scandinavians, and where he is the secretary of a society for Scandinavian expats), the obvious interpretation is that you think he should "call it a day" by topping himself.

If that is not the case, perhaps there's hope for you yet. It would not hurt, however, to express yourself more clearly when slurring other expats.

He's not in Pattaya for the food or beaches buddy. Come off it.

15 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

FWIW i got first AZ jab last Thursday Central Plaza Pattaya using pink card throughout, there were a lot queuing but moved pretty fast took just under an hour to get jab, saying that i'm high risk group and married to a Thai!

I assume you registered with Mor Phrom before. Most high risk expats here do NOT have pink cards! We have PASSPORTS. 

24 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

He's not in Pattaya for the food or beaches buddy. Come off it.

This reflects the ignorance of people that don't really know this area. 

Nobody can deny there are some sexpat retirees in Pattaya just as there are some in some other expat centers.

But actually there are many good reasons for retirees to choose Pattaya (or there were) that are not related to the entertainment industry.

-- Access to Bangkok

-- Access to BKK airport

-- Golf

-- Weather

-- Beaches

-- Very affordable and decent western food restaurants

-- Easy access to high quality (though has become overpriced) private medical care (EXCEPT COVID 19 VACCINES) 

-- Ease and low cost of transport (baht buses) in the tourism core

-- Ocean breezes (clearing out pollution)

-- Low risk of natural disasters (typhoons, earthquakes, floods, etc.) 

-- No need to learn Thai (really an international zone)

-- Good infrastructure with some flaws (drainage, wires over roads) 

-- Luxury shopping malls

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, fulhamster said:

I tried to register in Pattaya -- I'm over 60 and asthmatic.

Was told a stern "No - only for Thais"

My Thai wife was able to registe - although no date could be given.

So impossible to even register in Pattaya, let alone actually get a vaccine.

But that could change whenever the big private hospitals get their own supplies...

I'm also high risk, with a PASSPORT, and there has been NO PATH WHATSOVER to register for a vaccine in Pattaya. I don't count vague prepaid kind of sort of promises (but no guarantees) of Moderna perhaps late this year or even next year. I mean the public program in a TIMELY MANNER.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

My relatives in both Bangkok and Pattaya have not yet been able to get the AstraZeneca vaccine. They have been to

a few appointments where only the Sinovac was offered, and they walked away, as they had been assured that the AZ 

vaccine would be available. No one is interested in the Chinese stuff. They say the blood clot problem is enough worry with AZ.

All are hoping that they can get a booster of Pfizer or Moderna for their 2nd shot, so they have good immunities after that.

Good Luck to all of you who are waiting for your shots.

Geezer

22 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

I registered months ago on that website Chiang Mai wall and Chiang Mai to get my vaccine have not heard back from them I did get a digital number to use but as of yet no appointment date no hospital location TIT

Yep, registered 3 times and no apointment no vaccine.

Chiang Mai, quite sure Boris will come across.????

BTW, if the Norwegians are permanent residents is that not as good as being Thai?

13 hours ago, fulhamster said:

But that could change whenever the big private hospitals get their own supplies...

Optimistic...... the supplies are not even in the country, and when they are Pattaya will likely be low on the list. A small number will be allocated for the usual dog and pony show.....

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I assume you registered with Mor Phrom before. Most high risk expats here do NOT have pink cards! We have PASSPORTS. 

I mentioned pink card because that is what i used the whole time, they were copying the numbers from the card throughout each process that is temp. blood pressure etc., before the actual jab, without the card i have no idea! 

16 hours ago, fulhamster said:

I tried to register in Pattaya -- I'm over 60 and asthmatic.

Was told a stern "No - only for Thais"

My Thai wife was able to registe - although no date could be given.

So impossible to even register in Pattaya, let alone actually get a vaccine.

Yes hope it changes in your favour, i did not notice any other farrangs in the long queue when i got mine, at the Central Plaza Pattaya it was organised through Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, where my wife's niece is a doctor so maybe she pulled a couple strings i don't know, but it all went through the usual channels Mor Pha form etc.

or whatever it's called!

18 hours ago, yankee99 said:

you just went to Central last Thursday and got in queue with your pink id and they gave you a jab? 

No it went through the usual channels booking via Mor Phor (sp) Thai people were just turning up though and joining the queue!

1 hour ago, maxcorrigan said:

I mentioned pink card because that is what i used the whole time, they were copying the numbers from the card throughout each process that is temp. blood pressure etc., before the actual jab, without the card i have no idea! 

I do. It was impossible to register for that with passport ID.

4 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

Seems you got in before they fixed the problem of letting foreigners register/book appointments 

• Like 2