Phuket Sandbox drama: Tourist flees hotel to find Thai wife

webfact

9 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

83 and confused and wandering around at 430 am.......how did he even get there???? looking for his teerak?  

How was he even there, I was under the belief that a person over the age of 75 could not obtain insurance cover that included Covid 19 issues or in fact any health insurance in Thailand.  Maybe he had buckets of money........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ChC1 said:

Question, how did that 83 years old get his Covid insurance? Most of the insurance from Thailand I saw has an age limit of 75.

So  who did he pay off?  Sus mario sept!  is that even possible in Thailand

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Obviously he doesn't care about restrictions. He could give Covid to family members. They should send such people back home to the country where they came from. 

Phuket is supposed to be open for vaccinated tourists who have also provided a clear Covid19 test within 72 hours of travelling and subject to a number of further tests.

So what are you talking about? There shouldn't be any restrictions if the majority of Phuket are also vaccinated as they have boasted. And the STUPID restrictions they are now trying to implement are ridiculous and full of holes..

Either open or don't open, not all this smoke and bloody mirrors.

It's obvious he lives on the island and opted for this in favour of the ASQ hotel option because it was open to him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Uroller said:

So PM is correct in saying the “Phuket Sandbox” is a success????

Yeah,

He's saying it from home whilst he quarantines after Phuket infection.

• Haha 2

It is unbelievable how you lot think it is kind of funny this yarn about the 80+ year old guy. He is an object of your fatuous nasty humour. Shame on the lot of you. This is why expats get such a bad name you are are hyenas about the weakest in the pack. Go back to what ever cesspit you are from, where your buddies think you are funny, please.

Edited by Mayhem11
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, saminoz said:

Stevenl, the chief Thai cheerleader knows many superlatives when it comes to describing anything Thai through his rose-tinted glasses. 

He'd swear the canals are full of champagne if someone complained about the smells.

He's an incorrigible shill, ignore EVERYTHING he says.

TAT has for years been a terrible joke. They have a long history of lying. Lying when they didn't have to lie. Zero credibility. A joke...till now. This mess is going to get people killed. Maybe this works in October. 

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

No worries. These fully vaccinated tourists have undergone multiple covid tests already. 

The Thai population at large and the officials are far more dangerous. 

It is the international tourists who are taking the big risk here, not the other way around, as they would lead us to believe. 

Except that this isn't what anybody needs now. Why would anyone come here ? Except if you were trying to get back into the country?

It's a poor and potentially dangerous tourism program, that doesn't make sense. 

Oh sorry...I was being logical there for a moment. Off you go...

5 hours ago, natway09 said:

At 4.30 in the morning I thought any Tirak would do (preferably female)

Standards.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

so this 83 yo man came all the way to thailand with his Alzheimer? AMAZING. how did

he manage to complete all form and get the COE?

Travel/Tour companies often help out customers with documents, visas etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, hioctane said:

What is happening in other areas of Thailand is irrelevant to the Phuket sandbox test.

That would be true if they weren't allowing people from all over Thailand to so easily travel into Phuket without the same restrictions placed on the dangerous farangs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, junk1e said:

Sticky rice balls. Re soi dogs in crates heading to slaughter houses. Are you talking historically or are you still seeing this in Thailand?

Sounds like he is talking about the dog supply via Thailand to Vietnam which I thought Soi Dog Foundation had helped to eradicate. Why am I not surprised that an illegal operation would still continue?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, irishman25 said:

IT is a bad day when someone calls you A SCUM on this site when all you want is to see your wife and CHILD. what is wrong with you. he did not harm anyone

I was being sarcastic as to how the media here portrayed the man.  

I think the man had every right not to be locked down testing clean and having his forced drug in him.  He absolutely should be able to stay in his own home imo

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pinot said:

TAT has for years been a terrible joke. They have a long history of lying. Lying when they didn't have to lie. Zero credibility. A joke...till now. This mess is going to get people killed. Maybe this works in October. 

Except that this isn't what anybody needs now. Why would anyone come here ? Except if you were trying to get back into the country?

It's a poor and potentially dangerous tourism program, that doesn't make sense. 

Oh sorry...I was being logical there for a moment. Off you go...

Standards.  

You are right. Much effort is being wasted on a doomed program, when that attention is needed elsewhere. 

However, such stunning incompetence and a lack of capability is being shown, I do not really think it matters. As long as the clown club are in charge, all will fail. Failure is all they can really offer. There is no talent, nor is there any real intelligence. Just alot of greedy cronies. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1