Phuket Sandbox drama: Tourist flees hotel to find Thai wife

webfact

On 7/7/2021 at 10:07 AM, khunphil said:

I thought after the first day, you were allow to go anywhere, by day .I mean sleeping in your hotel, then leaving in the morning to visit and why not stop to meet some friends, then back in the evening to your hotel. If this is allowed, why taking the risk to stay there by night ? Or maybe you cant do that ?

You probably get more freedom in North Korea. Disgusting behaviour from the Thais in charge, he should file a complaint to the Human Right department of the UN. Oh wait they have a couple thousand well paid UN staff sitting around in BKK. (doing what?)

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Sad 2

On 7/7/2021 at 10:14 AM, Mickeymaus said:

Obviously he doesn't care about restrictions. He could give Covid to family members. They should send such people back home to the country where they came from. 

Thais are more likely to be infected by other Thais than farangs who have had 2 jabs, passed all the the tests and have proof of the same.

Perhaps it is you who should be sent back to your home country.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Thais are more likely to be infected by other Thais than farangs who have had 2 jabs, passed all the the tests and have proof of the same.

Perhaps it is you who should be sent back to your home country.

There are clear laws and regulations in Thailand. And if tourists don't care or don't want to accept them then they should stay at home. Sadly very hard to accept for some that they are not above the law. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Still unclear how the guy from uae tested positive, how is it possible?, unless the test he had before leaving was fake, which would also raise the question is his vaccination legit?, surely if you board a flight and the stewardess has it and passes it onto you, it would be too early to detect as positive, it needs time to ingrest itself into your system, something is not quite right with this case, the boys from tat should investigate more thoroughly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

There are clear laws and there is common sense. Both you and the current government seem to lack it.

What did you not understand when the OP reported that he went to his home, his wife and his family. That would mean that he is not a tourist.

From the contents of your posts, you make a good bootlicker.

BTW, you are now on my ignore list.

Great that YOU have the common sense. The rules don't differentiate if you are a tourist or not. They are valid for all people entering the sandbox after arriving from a different country. Is this really so hard to understand... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Polaky said:

Still unclear how the guy from uae tested positive, how is it possible?, unless the test he had before leaving was fake, which would also raise the question is his vaccination legit?, surely if you board a flight and the stewardess has it and passes it onto you, it would be too early to detect as positive, it needs time to ingrest itself into your system, something is not quite right with this case, the boys from tat should investigate more thoroughly.

Could be a false positive. No test is 100% accurate. 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2021 at 9:29 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

83 and confused and wandering around at 430 am.......how did he even get there???? looking for his teerak?  

How he get here ....well as the other news report he is said to be a BR62103 Viking Wearing Gjermundbu Helmet, Swinging Sword

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Possibly. And if the story about the 14 quarantined arrivals in the sand box has got out to the international press, no tourist is going to risk going to Phuket now. 

They'll have to change the rules pretty quickly if they want to prevent every tourist cancelling their 'quarantine free' Phuket sand box holiday

The point is, as proved ! That the sandbox system works! You may not like it or be a doom monger The system is in place to protect Phuket, as much as allowing people who want to come here the opportunity .They should fully knowing the requirements and risks! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MajorTom said:

The Thai-Vietnam border? Where is that?

Lak sao...i dont see anything in my writing about a Thai-vietnam border I said north BY Vietnam border

I didnt realize i have to be more specific as my postings are such a important part of your lonely life

https://www.lukeduggleby.com/thailands-illegal-dog-meat-tra

2 response to those who have nothing better to do that try to nitpik over my postings --what a life!

Read it again--how you made it to the ranks of Major is beyond me

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Lak sao...i dont see anything in my writing about a Thai-vietnam border I said north BY Vietnam border

I didnt realize i have to be more specific as my postings are such a important part of your lonely life

https://www.lukeduggleby.com/thailands-illegal-dog-meat-tra

2 response to those who have nothing better to do that try to nitpik over my postings --what a life!

Reading it again--try harder

Sorry, I'm in ASQ at the moment. Too much time on the forum, nothing will pass me lol

On 7/7/2021 at 4:57 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

reminds me when I see the trucks with cages of soi dogs or the hogs headed to slaughterhouse..

protip--do NOT get behind a hog truck on your motobike aka downwind.......life lesson # 294059

And barbed wire around the hotels. 

• Like 1

If I'm fully vaccinated with proof and visit Phuket in the next few weeks, I still have to quarantine for 14 days or no ? Also what If I don't use or own any smartphone and just a simple flip phone ? hehe

17 minutes ago, XtraFly said:

If I'm fully vaccinated with proof and visit Phuket in the next few weeks, I still have to quarantine for 14 days or no ? Also what If I don't use or own any smartphone and just a simple flip phone ? hehe

Standby as the Covid cases in Phuket are rising, and now 2 children from a visiting family have been tested and found positive with Covid and hospitalized, while the remaining members of the family have been removed from their hotel and placed into a ALQ hotel for quarantine.  On top of that during the past week a visitor from the UAE tested positive and was placed into a facility and the others on his flight were also moved to an ALQ, so the vacations for all of the above have been ruined.  The 12 from the UAE are asking to be allowed to fly back home and not stay in the ALQ....Travel at your own Peril, but if this is home and your not coming just for a small holiday I wish you luck.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 9:29 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

83 and confused and wandering around at 430 am.......how did he even get there???? looking for his teerak?  

I mean who among us has not been found at least once wandering (stumbling?) about at 4:30am, somewhere in Thailand, looking for teerak?  Hope I still have that kinda mojo when I'm 83

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mai mee said:

I mean who among us has not been found at least once wandering (stumbling?) about at 4:30am, somewhere in Thailand, looking for teerak?  Hope I still have that kinda mojo when I'm 83

I suppose youre right..as i am guilty as charged...thanks sangsom!!!..all I found were ladyboys tho...go get em grandpa!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 11:58 AM, poskat said:

yes, the double vaccinated, tested before flying, tested upon landing guy is a clear covid risk and should be deported ASAP

As others have pointed out, these tests aren’t immediate.  You get swabbed at the airport and then there is a delay of several hours before the results come back.  

Dude bolted to see his wife before checking into the hotel which means that his test results likely had not returned.  

And double vaccinated doesn’t mean you can’t transmit Covid to others.  

There have been 16 people that have been double vaccinated, tested negative before flying, and arrived testing positive.  

• Like 1