Phuket Sandbox drama: Tourist flees hotel to find Thai wife

webfact

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The Sandbox or how you may call it is an area quarantine.. You are allowed to go around on the island, but are obliged to sleep and use your hotel. The only difference is that you are not need to stay in your room all day. Only available for fully vaccinated people and no exceptions for expats who return to Thailand. But with the low vaccination grade, because of that the most people only got one jab, there will be serious risk that Phuket also will face more Covid cases. 

nobody cares about phuket. we all want to get to bangkok

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

nobody cares about phuket. we all want to get to bangkok

Then why not go there first ?  Many ASQ hotels in Bangkok would enjoy your presence. 

Sarcasm aside ...   while the 14-days confined to Phuket sandbox may look appealing to some, I don't believe it was set up as a Sandbox with the intent to attract those wanting to go to Bangkok in mind.  I believe there are other reasons here for the 'sandbox'.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Looking for his marbles?

My guess looking for his Mia Noi. .... 

What else could he tell his wife (in Phuket) ?  " I was lost " .....

< just joking > 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, natway09 said:

At 4.30 in the morning I thought any Tirak would do (preferably female)

Some of the "Tiraks" make a fortune. One told me that Covid was the best thing that could happen to her. Bevor she worked every night at a bar. But this bar is closed and many of her foreign "friends" now support her financially. 

4 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

I can only guesstimate around 60% to 70% for the flight that I was on from Dubai which had 163 passengers. Flights from the Middle East are going to differ in make up to flights from Europe at this early stage. A wild guess for the European flights would be that there are minimal numbers of tourists on those. It would not make too much sense to me. Sorry. Only a guess.

Interesting. Only a small number of tourists, but to be honest, more than I thought it would be. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

As opposed to a very stable genius.... Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV?  ????

Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV: The Movie - YouTube

Don't give a damn about Trump, so I want watch your clip. 

But with Biden, the gates to hell have been thrown wide open. If you're an American, buckle up. Things are going to get wild.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

40 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

I believe there are other reasons here for the 'sandbox'.

THE reasons are very simple - to start openning the country for tourists. that is it.

most shops in phuket are closed not because of a lockdown but simply because

there are no customers. horrible sight. thai government must east all restrictions and

allow visitors in as easy as they can get into spain and portugal. otherwise many more

will die from those stupid sanbox restrictions, which are anyway useless because

thailand is allready a red country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I think if I had been away from my family for a long long time and finally managed to get back, given its supposedly not quarantine I have entered, I would have bailed on the hotel and gone straight home too. Wrong to classify him as a tourist too, when he clearly isn't one.

Really, definitions have nothing to do with safety precautions. Get real

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

How about requiring them to stay in their hotel room and let out one hour a day for exercise? Put their food outside their door.

Much easier to keep track of them this way…

Actually, that's the way ASQ hotels in Bangkok go, but don't even let out one hour a day for exercise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

A few years ago I knew plenty of folks who would come to Thailand for 2 weeks and travel for a week in Phuket, a few days in Bangkok and then hit Chaing Mai before flying back to the US. 

Yes. Actually that's what I did first time in Thailand.

And that's what TAT had in mind when designed Phuket Sandbox: 7 days in Phuket and then free travelling 1 week the rest of Thailand.

But then Goverment changed plan to 2 weeks in Phuket. And that's a big difference because you are stuck to the island and then back home.

7 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Obviously he doesn't care about restrictions. He could give Covid to family members. They should send such people back home to the country where they came from. 

I’m sure you’re going to be embarrassed when your flawed reasoning is eviscerated. I wonder if it’s possible to go back to ones own country to get an IQ..? ???? 

13 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

I’m sure you’re going to be embarrassed when your flawed reasoning is eviscerated. I wonder if it’s possible to go back to ones own country to get an IQ..? ???? 

This is a very big challenge for the Thai government. They check for Covid but they don't check for mental disability. Obviously a very big problem. 

If you don't understand ask someone to explain it to you. 

Edited by Mickeymaus

39 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Modern day slavery. You get a statutory minimum of 28 paid days holiday in the UK if you work a 5 day week. EU minimum is 20 days and has been since 1993.

In Spain we have 1 month summer holidays and also 1 week in Christmas and 1 week in Eastern.

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

"Instead he went straight to find his wife and child at his house in Rawai".

He miss she so muk.

You die every night when you fall asleep.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Whale said:

They seem to have failed to mention the party from UAE whom one has tested positive for COVID and is now in isolation, the rest of his group have been transferred to ASQ.

Not to mention any information on the cabin crew from the plane.