England WILL NOT win Euro 2020/2021

Mike West

21 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

Yes, and in Foden's case it was particularly bad, that he did that gangbang with the icelandic girls, since he has a small son and long term girlfriend.

I bet I didn't take it as seriously as Foden's girlfriend.

I am sure he regrets every minute of it now Tanomazu...... I know I would....

image.png.56bab68cadbd37aba610a7006e37690e.png

As a neutral observer I would say that England has played the most entertaining football in these Euros and deserve to win. And in Sterling they have the most incisive front man. The panic he causes in defenses

when he gets the ball reminds me of a certain diminutive Argentine.

34 minutes ago, Why Me said:

As a neutral observer I would say that England has played the most entertaining football in these Euros and deserve to win. And in Sterling they have the most incisive front man. The panic he causes in defenses

A good post with good observations, may I say.

When you have got someone of that talent (Sterling) taking people on in the penalty area, then it's a fair bet that someone is going to just step out of line, and it only needs to be a touch, and it's a penalty.

I've looked at that penalty several times and agree with the referee, that Sterling got caught on his leg as he was going forward and slightly off-balance and that was enough to tip him over, so in my book, penalty.

I will put a proviso on that though, I have seen them given, and I have seen them not given, so one could argue that England were lucky in a way, or not as the case may be.

I played football at a good standard for many years and think that England have come on in leaps and bounds in this tournament, much better than I thought they would, so I can only wish them all the very best in the final.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Why Me said:

The good news with his outstanding triple salto Raheem Sterling also now has excellent prospects in the Olympic diving competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yWTWq13xds

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

An awful lot of Twitter & bisted people on here, especially living or coming from that place up north lol  

Any place  north of Watford gap is north 5555

"<deleted> begin at Berwick!"

-Rikki Fulton RIP

1 hour ago, Tanomazu said:

The good news with his outstanding triple salto Raheem Sterling also now has excellent prospects in the Olympic diving competition.

Bah, excuses. Stop him from getting into the box and there'll be no issues diving. But you can't.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

I feel like a song coming on.... There will always be an England and England shall be free, if England means as much to you as England means to me.

And that my friends comes from a half English/ half Scottish man.????

Colin, I do feel for you man... and I thought the half Scot would take over the 1/4 English or is it 1/, prepare to be eaten by  pizza...... 555

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2021 at 4:35 PM, worgeordie said:

Well Mr. West I hope you are around to eat your own words.

regards Worgeordie

did you mean "pizza & spaghetti" take over "fish and chips"  555

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Why Me said:

and you said to be a "neutral" observer, now I am confused  555

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Seen Sterling miss those!???? And to be fair, Kane committed a foul just before he was challenged in the box so the ref was correct not to give him a pen. As for Sterling's penalty, it was a soft one but the fact is, if you don't go down, you will never get a decision. Sad, but something we are stuck with. 

the word is "Diving"  555

34 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Bah, excuses. Stop him from getting into the box and there'll be no issues diving. But you can't.

Sterling is an ok dribbler, but he loses the ball a lot, unlike the Argentine you referred to. Sterling is light-years away from Diego M.

And Sterling has a history of diving. What he did against Denmark was a disgraceful, unsporting, dive. Nobody can be proud of that.

There'll always be issues with Sterling diving. It's just what he does.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

Sterling is an ok dribbler, but he loses the ball a lot, unlike the Argentine you referred to. Sterling is light-years away from Diego M.

And Sterling has a history of diving. What he did against Denmark was a disgraceful, unsporting, dive. Nobody can be proud of that.

There'll always be issues with Sterling diving. It's just what he does.

Pretty darned good dribbler to slice through the Ukraine and Denmark defenses like he did. Almost at will.

Not in Maradona's class as yet I agree. But it's interesting you bring up the GOAT. Was the "hand of God goal" sporting? No. Was Maradona proud of it? You betcha. He took his country to the WC semis with it. (And that other little goal of the century.)

You gotta do what you gotta do to win. They don't hand out medals at the Euros or WC for being a fine gentleman. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Pretty darned good dribbler to slice through the Ukraine and Denmark defenses like he did. Almost at will.

Not in Maradona's class as yet I agree. But it's interesting you bring up the GOAT. Was the "hand of God goal" sporting? No. Was Maradona proud of it? You betcha. He took his country to the WC semis with it. (And that other little goal of the century.)

You gotta do what you gotta do to win. They don't hand out medals at the Euros or WC for being a fine gentleman. 

Except Sterling did not "slice through the Denmark" defence at will. In fact most of the time he was stopped. If he had been slicing through Denmark's defence at will I doubt it would have taken extra time and a referee mistake to defeat Denmark.

He does fall down at will though. And that's what makes him a dislikeable player, his constant cheating. And I didn't like Maradona cheating, though he dived a lot less than Sterling, his cheating was still a minus to his game.

But Maradona won the World Cup. Through good play, good goals and good passes that caused goals in 1986.

When Sterling wins the World Cup and stops diving one can compare him to Maradona. Right now he's not even in the same area.

4 hours ago, Tanomazu said:

But Maradona won the World Cup. Through good play, good goals and good passes that caused goals in 1986.

Maradona won the World cup in 1986 by cheating , deliberate handball . Had he not cheated , Argentina may not have won the World cup in 1986

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wilai said:

Technically......The Sterling pen shouldn't have been given as the ref should have blown earlier due to an extra ball on the pitch!

The law states that if theres two balls on the pitch, the Ref only needs to stop play if the extra ball is interfering with play 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Wrong!

40 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The law states that if theres two balls on the pitch, the Ref only needs to stop play if the extra ball is interfering with play 

The extra ball was only a couple of feet away therefore was clearly interfering and play could have been stopped before Sterling reached the box.

Fans Noticed Second Ball On The Pitch Before England's Penalty Against Denmark

15 hours ago, Tanomazu said:

Except Sterling did not "slice through the Denmark" defence at will. In fact most of the time he was stopped. If he had been slicing through Denmark's defence at will I doubt it would have taken extra time and a referee mistake to defeat Denmark.

He does fall down at will though. And that's what makes him a dislikeable player, his constant cheating. And I didn't like Maradona cheating, though he dived a lot less than Sterling, his cheating was still a minus to his game.

When Sterling wins the World Cup and stops diving one can compare him to Maradona. Right now he's not even in the same area.

Sterling gave the defenders on both the right and left hand side of the field, a torrid time whenever he decided to take them on, and the commentators said likewise.

No point in arguing about whether it was a penalty or not, because it was given by the referee, the goal scored, so move on, as no amount of arguing and comparisons will change the result, which was: – England 2 Denmark 1.

There you go, settled!

• Like 2