Thai authorities propose tighter curbs as COVID-19 deaths climb

webfact

31 minutes ago, Xonax said:

The Thai Food and Drug Administration is warning people not to use Ivermectin to cure Covid 19: 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-fda-issues-warning-about-using-ivermectin-to-cure-covid-19

warning based on what it is one of the safest drugs in existence... but it is not profitable and it is not going to make anyone rich

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

You are ignorant. 

I am a retired Expat..... I am far from 100% unaffected, As an older person I am at risk from Covid.... my life, not my livelihood. Isolating myself is miserable, I retired here to enjoy the end years of my life..... the last year has been <deleted>,  Yeah locals have it worse, but I am not unaffected.....

so you are at risk ?

Just like at risk from getting killed going to the shops, driving your car, or even from having a heart attack ?

Yet you hide from such a small risk ?

How many ex pats do you know who have died from Covid, or even been in ICU

Then how many ex do you know who have died by other causes ?

But your retired, with an income, unlike many many poor Thais in this country, who also have to suffer and isolate 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You are ignorant. 

I am a retired Expat..... I am far from 100% unaffected, As an older person I am at risk from Covid.... my life, not my livelihood. Isolating myself is miserable, I retired here to enjoy the end years of my life..... the last year has been <deleted>,  Yeah locals have it worse, but I am not unaffected.....

I am the same and with a condition that puts me in a higher risk category. I also have been suffering from this ####.

I am not ignorant.  I am sorry you have been struggling.  

But there are posters here that aren't even content with mass vaccinations, because they are not a complete cure (they only have ever reduced severity of symptoms).  We can't save everyone.  People who are wealthy, and/or recipients of permanent passive income streams don't need to get out and earn a living.  Most others do.  Those posters are ignorant/selfish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

so you are at risk ?

Just like at risk from getting killed going to the shops, driving your car, or even from having a heart attack ?

Yet you hide from such a small risk ?

How many ex pats do you know who have died from Covid, or even been in ICU

Then how many ex do you know who have died by other causes ?

But your retired, with an income, unlike many many poor Thais in this country, who also have to suffer and isolate 

All distractions, the post said I was unaffected by Covid.... which is BS.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/8/2021 at 2:21 PM, cocoonclub said:

You’re right. They did the same mistake as all other countries did before them. Didn’t have the balls to make a tough call and lockdown when things started to get worse, hoping instead that things would not get worse. Now you’re in the unpleasant situation other countries have been before, you know you have to lockdown but you also know that a short lockdown won’t be enough. 

Your conclsion fine , but 

"mistake as all other countries did before them"

China and a few others were very strict Vietnam etc

Deaths per million far lower than most Westrn countries.

Despite having to tackle the outbreak unprepared.

I makes you wonder if the authorities who cannot control borders also fail to control internal movement, lucky they never have to face a determined armed opponent like Israel or Ukraine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joinaman said:

or herd immunity ?

To create "herd Immunity" its generally understood you need to first protect the elderly and vulnerable and a large proprtion of others to be immunised to stop the initial spread, then maybe "Herd Immunity" but dont forget new variants might overcome immunity on this and any other basis.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mises said:

Lockdowns do not work and do more harm than good.  If you do not agree then Google "lockdowns don't work study" or even better search the same on Duck Duck Go. (Google without the censorship)

Or just peruse the situation in Brazil ! 

2 hours ago, Xonax said:

The Thai Food and Drug Administration is warning people not to use Ivermectin to cure Covid 19: 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-fda-issues-warning-about-using-ivermectin-to-cure-covid-19

This is absolute nonsense, ivermectin is very safe and has been used on humans for years.  This is all part of the same script.  This is all about the 'vaccine' not the disease.

• Sad 3

Just now, connda said:

It will hit 20K soon.
Who in there right minds goes and gets a Covid test when they don't feel sick. 
Then if you pop positive, you become a burden on the health care system. 
"Hi.  I feel fine, but I have a bed in a Thai hospital - 3 hots and a cot.  And a bevy of health care workers to take care of me."
Only sick people should get tested and if found to be positive, then only truly seriously sick people should be hospitalized. 
I saw this coming months ago.  Pull up my posts.  They've saturated the capacity of their health care system with PCR positives that are not physically sick.
If the morons had mobilize three months ago and created the human resources necessary and infrastructure necessary to monitor those caring for themselves at home (mildly ill or asymptomatic) then they wouldn't be in this total unconscionable mess.  It beggars believe.  The sheer negligence.

Well - they are well and truly screwed now.  The PM and his cabinet made their beds, now enjoy sleeping in them.
I really pity all of the people, both Thai, foreign, and especially migrants,  who have needlessly been exposed to Covid and who are paying the price of government malfeasance in so many ways.

Well everyone - protect yourselves.  No one pretending to be in charge is going to help you.  Stay safe.

Let's hope that the most despised people by this regime  in Thailand, those in the South, North and North East can succumb far less to this contagion by their outdoor  living and working culture. What a smack in the mouth that would be to this despicable regime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

Let's hope that the most despised people by this regime  in Thailand, those in the South, North and North East can succumb far less to this contagion by their outdoor  living and working culture. What a smack in the mouth that would be to this despicable regime.

True karma would be every member of the regime coming down with Delta Covid.  That would be the Karmatic Price.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tonypandy said:

So why is it Moderna never had FDA approval for any of its previous drugs. I read about people saying it's the best, but how do they get to that conclusion? 

In Social circles it’s the one to have , I haven’t a clue , Why , JJ was Clot factor , choice of 3 vaccines Pfizer, Moderno, JJ 

Edited by Ireland32
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2021 at 8:24 AM, Swampy999 said:

Phuket, now would that be a small island by any chance? Rather easy to isolate due to the abundance of sea water.

I dont recall any of that....  out shopping.. no distancing..  lately 15 bars with 20 people+ partying in them...   breathing all over each other... not for me.. but I see...

On 7/9/2021 at 7:12 PM, connda said:

True karma would be every member of the regime coming down with Delta Covid.  That would be the Karmatic Price.

I bet they been jabbed with the best of the best whist their beloved people try to get by on the sinocrap...

On 7/9/2021 at 7:12 PM, connda said:

I bet they been jabbed with the best of the best whist their beloved people try to get by on the sinocrap...

Just now, Seeall said:

crack down lol?  when the immi site hasnt worked for months, same for the immi app...  I guess if I do have delta they will all receive it in local offices....  its like they want to share air with all..