Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thai authorities propose tighter curbs as COVID-19 deaths climb

webfact

11 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

ha ha ha curfew ? Lockdown ? Prohibition ?

maybe where you live, but the rest of Thailand carried on as near as normal

Just liken they will if they impose it again 

You obviously came nowhere near Phuket then?

Phuket is divided into districts and then sub districts. Last years lockdown was a hard lockdown. No travel allowed between sub districts, road blocks at each exist and entrance point, food handed to residents who could not access shops via district headman. Curfew, just about everything ordered closed aside from essential businesses. Lasted 4 to 6 weeks and longer for some sub districts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Joinaman said:

Nope, nowhere near , live in the real Thailand, not the tourist spots, so no bother. Live like the locals, do as the locals

Thought so thats why I responded to your inaccurate post:

"ha ha ha curfew ? Lockdown ? Prohibition ?

maybe where you live, but the rest of Thailand carried on as near as normal

Just liken they will if they impose it again"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

In the space of 6 weeks in the UK the Delta variant went like wildfire from Zero to 95% of infections. There is nothing anybody can do to stop that it's so infectious. 

Yesterday around 37.000 new cases (under Alpha it was 2.000) including some double jabbed but only 37 (0.1%) deaths (mostly lower) because 64% of adults are fully vaccinated and 86% have had one jab. Because of that we are going out of lockdown shortly. 

I fear for Thailand with such poor vaccine protection but pray I'm wrong. 

By out of lockdown I mean going back to normal living internally. 

• Like 1

Restrictive measures including travel restrictions proposed amid rising COVID-19 deaths

211321063_10165886959950085_7197918888126211218_n.jpg

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health is proposing to the operations centre of the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) today (Thursday), further restrictive measures such as travel restrictions from and to Bangkok and five nearby provinces for at least 14 days as well as closures of more venues, as daily new COVID-19 death toll surged to a new high today of 75, while infections also soared to 7,059.

According to the Disease Control Department (DCD), the proposed travel restrictions are to be called “self-bubble and seal”, with the aim of limiting travel from home, to increase working from home, to negate the need for 70% percent of the normal travel by office workers. The new measures, covering over Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Sakhon, Nakhon Pathom and Samut Prakan, are an attempt to contain the rapid spread of the Delta coronavirus variant if approved.

Public Health Permanent Secretary Dr. Kiattiphum Wongrachit, who chaired the Public Health Ministry’s emergency operations centre (EOC) meeting this morning, said that the main reason for the proposed restrictions, is to reduce the number of daily new infections in Bangkok and its vicinities and to ensure that the health system has the capacity to help those who need it the most.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/semi-lockdown-measures-including-travel-restrictions-mulled-amid-rising-covid-19-deaths/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-07-08

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

I did my 90 days in Korat yesterday, I was the only one at the office at about 10 am. Two counters open, one with a lady who was very friendly. The other one with a cat ????

The cat was doing 90 day reports ?? ????

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

You obviously came nowhere near Phuket then?

Phuket is divided into districts and then sub districts. Last years lockdown was a hard lockdown. No travel allowed between sub districts, road blocks at each exist and entrance point, food handed to residents who could not access shops via district headman. Curfew, just about everything ordered closed aside from essential businesses. Lasted 4 to 6 weeks and longer for some sub districts.

Phuket, now would that be a small island by any chance? Rather easy to isolate due to the abundance of sea water.