Thai authorities propose tighter curbs as COVID-19 deaths climb

webfact

1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

Immigration 90-day reporting sites spring to mind.

Unfortunately they will still want your smiling face to be seen.  I have 8 days until I need to drive out to MTT, guess I should have chanced mailing my 90 day in instead.

39 minutes ago, Swampy999 said:

Phuket, now would that be a small island by any chance? Rather easy to isolate due to the abundance of sea water.

Exactly what has that got to do with relaying the hard lockdown experience there, pray tell?

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Go ahead. I am sure there will be plenty of people running from Bangkok.  Obviously some will be Covid positive.

So please, do the responsible thing for yourself and others and get a test first.

thanks

Actually, I'm staying as I have to work.  But my family left a few days ago; as they've just spent over 3 months "locked down" in our condo, getting them tested was unnecessary and impractical.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mises said:

Lockdowns do not work and do more harm than good.  If you do not agree then Google "lockdowns don't work study" or even better search the same on Duck Duck Go. (Google without the censorship)

Thanks.  I'd never heard of 'duckduckgo'.  Some interesting reading there.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Only a full lockdown, no work, no travel, no non-essential shops open etc, will slow the spread of delta strain and give health authorities a chance to do their jobs, but it may be too late for that. 

Or total transparency!????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Maybe he should consider resignation as a failed PM

Wish he would. But that's just dreaming. He'll be sent straight to prison if he ever gives up his power, or maybe he'll just do a runner like the rest of them usually do. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Go ahead. I am sure there will be plenty of people running from Bangkok.  Obviously some will be Covid positive.

So please, do the responsible thing for yourself and others and get a test first.

thanks

If gun deaths are not caused by the gun but by the person firing it wouldn't somebody catching the virus not be the virus's fault but the person who transmitted it. 

21 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Rush out of Bangkok=further spread of covid = sprinkle gasoline on the fire. 

Put the Moon Mission on hold and use rocket fuel instead. A much faster and hotter burn than gasoline, albeit more expensive.

Just a thought.

• Thanks 1

I propose tighter curbs on the administration. If all the ministers and officials, were to be locked up in their homes for the next few months, some capable and competent people could come forward, and these problems could be addressed.

After all these waves, and after the bungling of the vaccination program, the sandbox program, and so much more, anyone who truly believed we are in good hands before, cannot believe that anymore.

The further away from policy these officials are, the better off the nation is. Have they not done enough destruction already?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand's health ministry said on Thursday it had proposed new travel curbs and tighter restrictions in high-risk areas to contain COVID-19 cases

The situation may look dire to rabble-rousers, naysayers, and disloyal trouble makers…but the Hero-Czar is still safely hidden under his bed and valiantly leading from the rear.  Everything is 100% under control.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, kennw said:

Seems to me that the reluctance to implement firm restrictions is based on the perceived impact on the economy. Well, maybe it is time use some of the large foreign currency reserves. What is the sense in having a lot of "money in the bank" and then not using some of it in times of crisis. Where should it go? Pass urgent legislation to allow payment up front of urgently needed vaccines. Make payments to those people out of work and really in need. Buy testing kits and implement a massive testing program. Increase quarantine facilities and stock up on oxygen supplies.  

The Clowns can not even approve orders for foreign vaccines that are desperately needed,
never mind spending the money. 
Is it brown envelopes interfering with solving the crisis?

The Indian variant is there....spreading. Very little you can do a out it now. Vaccination at as fast a pace as possible along with natural immunity for those who have already had it. Lockdowns and restrictions will have little impact now.

• Sad 1

No dine in again??? Killing the restaurants for what? Since no alcohol sales and the bar closed infections went up so another lockdown nor non alcohol sales will help. Stop BTS, buses and other national transport, close markets etc...that will help????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Joinaman said:

so could still go essential shopping ? So how will that stop anything 

Look inside Makro Tesco, even 7-11, see any social distancing, full mask wearing ?

You think Thais can afford not to work  too? Who will provide for them . You ?

Lockdown ? Same as before, just bypass the checkpoints and carry on as normal 

You said it, absolutely,

Thais certainly cannot stop working end of.

I do wonder how much hardship the thai people can take before something happens.

• Like 2