Thai authorities propose tighter curbs as COVID-19 deaths climb

webfact

3 hours ago, Mises said:

Lockdowns do not work and do more harm than good.  If you do not agree then Google "lockdowns don't work study" or even better search the same on Duck Duck Go. (Google without the censorship)

Or Google Lockdowns Work ..... 

• Thanks 1

I thought the masks were going to stop the spread. If you have a rag you pulled out of your pocket that is protecting others from you. Gyms are closed to stop the spread. You can’t ride a bike in the park so that should stop the spread. 14 more days of lockdowns that will end in October will stop the spread I’m sure. I wonder how many people will kill themselves because they have no money. How many will OD on drugs because they have no hope. I wonder how many husbands will kill their wives over debt and other problems. More lockdowns to protect old people that will either die of Covid, TB, the flu, cancer or something else this year. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Or Google Lockdowns Work ..... 

I've had a Damascene conversion and now believe that I think lockdowns could/maybe/possibly work, but obviously financial support for the closed businesses has to be put in place to avoid the total destruction of these businesses and the mental distress and potential suicides that having no income causes.   To help facilitate this financial burden, all those here on retirement visas (the people being 'protected' by these business closures) that are required to produce evidence that they have 800,000 in a bank account (that they cannot spend) should, during each 90 day reporting period provide the sum of 200,000 from this account to assist local businesses in their area and collected at immigration for the period of lockdown.   Once the lockdown is over all contributors could be issued with a certificate (that they can frame) saying that they "did their bit" during the pandemic and didn't just want others to suffer the financial consequences of lockdowns - this could even be presented for future visa renewals to remove the requirement to have 800,000 in the bank account.   

I may even start a petition - where is a good place to do this that would get the attention of the Thai government?   

#allinthistogther 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Buffer zones like what the rest of Thailand. Do they not know it's already spreading and is growing daily in the outer provinces.  Tools the lot of them.  14 days is much to short as far as I see.  

Your right , even fully lock down bkk will not help. People still seem to think that the virus is only in bkk and will not spread if all bankokians stay home . It's all over the country even in the ("fully") vaccinated litterbox . 

• Sad 1

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24667919/

“Effects of interventions on survival in acute respiratory distress syndrome: an umbrella review of 159 published randomized trials and 29 meta-analyses”

Ioannidis already proofed that lockdowns are not effective.

Repeating uneffective measures doesn’t make them more effective ...

Edited by Bernietravelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/8/2021 at 1:34 PM, webfact said:

"The health ministry will propose measures first to limit travel and so that people do not leave their homes unless necessary," the ministry's permanent secretary, Kiatiphum Wongrajit, told reporters, noting a halt to inter-provincial travel was also being proposed.

Just in time for another weekend exodus.

Far too late for a lockdown etc, Covid Delta is too virulent etc, look at Australia for example.

The only initial remedy is mass vaccination, but that would entail the Thailand Government accepting overseas advice etc, and we all know Thailand knows "best"!

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Blinkers on or off.....

Don't use them, Thais don't so I don't bother as it would likely confuse them.  Although occasionally they use the hazard blinkers to mean not a hazard ahead but to mean "I am going straight on."

On 7/8/2021 at 3:31 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Thought so thats why I responded to your inaccurate post:

"ha ha ha curfew ? Lockdown ? Prohibition ?

maybe where you live, but the rest of Thailand carried on as near as normal

Just liken they will if they impose it again"

thanks, but why keep me waiting so long ?

Your obviously much more intelligent than me, so would appreciate it if you could explain your simple post ?

Would be nice to see what part is inaccurate, , unless maybe you live in the southern tourist area ?

51 minutes ago, Paul DS said:

Far too late for a lockdown etc, Covid Delta is too virulent etc, look at Australia for example.

The only initial remedy is mass vaccination, but that would entail the Thailand Government accepting overseas advice etc, and we all know Thailand knows "best"!

or herd immunity ?

• Haha 1

This will ultimately be the death knell for more business owners.  Definitely more suicides, depression and other mental illnesses.  A legacy that will have caused so many people to be ruined for life and on the poverty line.  Anyone not holding enough cash reserves is screwed.  This is going to get very very ugly.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kennw said:

Seems to me that the reluctance to implement firm restrictions is based on the perceived impact on the economy. Well, maybe it is time use some of the large foreign currency reserves. What is the sense in having a lot of "money in the bank" and then not using some of it in times of crisis. Where should it go? Pass urgent legislation to allow payment up front of urgently needed vaccines. Make payments to those people out of work and really in need. Buy testing kits and implement a massive testing program. Increase quarantine facilities and stock up on oxygen supplies.  

so how will you pay the millions of poor farmers, out of work construction workers, bar girls, shop keepers, etc, etc ?

Make them wait till the end of the month, providing they have logged into the sites, and then waited for possible pittance paid into their bank, that they then have to travel many miles to access ?

Look at the normal" people in Thailand, not the ones who live in the cities, the ones struggling to pay bills and buy food to eat, with no work, other than begging for the 200-300 baht a day farm work if lucky .

Then look how many are actually dying from this "deadly" virus in the countryside, 

How many do you know who have died, or been in ICU due to this virus, ? I ask this in our villages and nobody knows anyone, yet due t the mass media hype, are scared stiff of it .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim Morrison said:

Ivermectin treatment has up to 85% success rate when administered early. Instead of going from a postive test and sitting in your room for 14 days waiting to see if you will be hospitalized or not. Try and find this. It was censored on google and youtube until the CDC and Fauci were found to be lying about its origins. Ivermectin has been around for decades with over 3 bilion doses..Here is a live update in real time site that has been put up to monitor ivermectin use world wide     https://c19ivermectin.com/

The Thai Food and Drug Administration is warning people not to use Ivermectin to cure Covid 19: 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-fda-issues-warning-about-using-ivermectin-to-cure-covid-19

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

If the figures are correct then the deaths since the start of the pandemic are quite low!

The problem the junta faces is that they appear to have overlooked that even if vaccinated you can still spread the virus!

I believe everyone already knows that fact already. All health officials do.  It's widely published: that COVID vaccinated can still be virus carriers and spreaders.  Vaccination does not prevent infection and transmission.  It was never going to be a silver bullet.  But it significantly reduces the severity of symptoms to the point you may only have the equivalent of a mild flu or cold, or maybe no symptoms.  Hospitalisation is far less.  

The whole idea now is to accept that the virus is here to stay.  Vaccinated people will normally have immune systems resilient enough to cope.  

Hence why Phuket for example may allow vaccinated people into their sandbox without quarantine.  If they are positive carriers and transmit it, the newly infected recipients will not be seriously affected. 

It's the first step to living with a virus that will never go away.  It's here to stay that's for sure.  Just like the many influenza virus strains that kill people too (albeit a lesser percentage). 

If you don't want to or cannot be vaccinated, unfortunately the whole world cannot be put on hold indefinitely.  You will be more vulnerable to infection and worse symptoms and possibly death.  But nothing else can be done.  We have all got to return to normal life. 

Edited by aussienam

On 7/8/2021 at 2:21 PM, cocoonclub said:

You’re right. They did the same mistake as all other countries did before them. Didn’t have the balls to make a tough call and lockdown when things started to get worse, hoping instead that things would not get worse. Now you’re in the unpleasant situation other countries have been before, you know you have to lockdown but you also know that a short lockdown won’t be enough. 

The only country to have had a real lockdown was China. People were not allowed out of thier condo unit yet alone complex. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, peter48 said:

But the point is: if you are using the double jabs for most citizens Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZenica it massively brings down hospitalisations & deaths as in Isreal, UK, Canada, USA, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Holland, Sweden and so on. The reason being of course these vaccinations give you anti-bodies that can then fight the virus when you get it from crowded indoor spaces or family & friends. 

PS The reason you will see Wembly Stadium paked on Sunday for the finals of the Euros is because the vast majority will have had the vaccination - its not totally perfect but the AZ & Pfizer is returning Europe back to some  normality with masks. The paked pubs, bars etc will lead to some upsuge of the Delta Variant mainly from silly people taking risks who likely refused jab or have not had the second jab yet.

so you say the majority have double jabs, so ok ?

how many people does it take to spread this "deadly" virus ?

Is it ok to have 1,00 people in a stadium who have not had the vaccine, but its not ok for anyone to have a beer in a bar in Thailand ?

Refused jabs ? So you think its public duty to have the jab, when in reality not everyone can have it due to other reasons ? You think if you have it, everyone should also have it , and accept the risks either way ?

Maybe if the government, or the vaccine suppliers removed the clause which denies you any claim, now or in the future, maybe more people will accept it .

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

so how will you pay the millions of poor farmers, out of work construction workers, bar girls, shop keepers, etc, etc ?

Make them wait till the end of the month, providing they have logged into the sites, and then waited for possible pittance paid into their bank, that they then have to travel many miles to access ?

Look at the normal" people in Thailand, not the ones who live in the cities, the ones struggling to pay bills and buy food to eat, with no work, other than begging for the 200-300 baht a day farm work if lucky .

Then look how many are actually dying from this "deadly" virus in the countryside, 

How many do you know who have died, or been in ICU due to this virus, ? I ask this in our villages and nobody knows anyone, yet due t the mass media hype, are scared stiff of it .

Don't forget all those expat retirees typing away on their keyboards advocating continued hard lockdowns no matter the cost, who have guaranteed lifelong income from pensions etc, for whom are 100% unaffected from COVID and the economic devastation.  Oh, if the shoe was on the other foot ....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2021 at 8:09 AM, ourmanflint said:

Only a full lockdown, no work, no travel, no non-essential shops open etc, will slow the spread of delta strain and give health authorities a chance to do their jobs, but it may be too late for that. 

The debate goes on, should we stay in the bunker and starve or risk it outside to forage for food etc.

Either way someone will condemn you but if you've got a stash like some it changes your view. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

I flew USA last week got my Moderno yesterday , Timing is Everything 

So why is it Moderna never had FDA approval for any of its previous drugs. I read about people saying it's the best, but how do they get to that conclusion? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mises said:

I tried that but the results were still lockdowns don't work.

You need the 'confirmation bias' filter that only gives you the websites with reports that you want to accept as the truth! ????