Thailand reports new daily record of 9,276 COVID-19 cases, 72 more deaths

webfact

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

#PhuketSandbox update on Friday: 10 local cases (new high for July) with 62 patients now in hospital. No new cases from Sandbox tourists.

WEEK ONE: 24 local + 1 sandbox = 25 cases

WEEK TWO: 17 cases in two days

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413483712725995524

were they not going to suspend the Sandbox once they hit 20 cases, or was I mislead by a statement made by the Governor of Phuket.....

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Yes, I think it’s something forgotten that although lockdowns cause economic fallout, on the flip side, not locking down and allowing a greater number of case to develop, also has an economic cost to it.

not trying to say they are equal or anything, but it’s not a black and white choice of economic cost, or no economic cost. Shades of grey are involved.

No not 50 Shades of Gray, your not saying the PM and Anutin partake in such shady things now are you.

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (July 9, 2021) . About 4.8 percent of the population is fully vaccinated. 8,800,155 (+305,925) people have received the first dose, while 3,175,841 (+50,453) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #ฉีดวัคซีน #COVID19 #Thailand #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1413400351437299713

What a dismal chart that is. Any commercial project manager would have been sacked by now if he presented that.

and still no clearly articulated remedial plan presented showing how/when things will improve. Just wild claims of x million doses arriving at some unspecified date in the future, or, x million arrives tomorrow.

sometimes I wonder if even the health ministry knows what is likely to come and when.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No not 50 Shades of Gray, your not saying the PM and Anutin partake in such shady things now are you.

Lol, not really a political statement, more an economic one. Things like more cases equals more fear and people spend less when afraid, workers get sick and factories suffer labor shortages, more cases equals less tourists etc etc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

were they not going to suspend the Sandbox once they hit 20 cases, or was I mislead by a statement made by the Governor of Phuket.....

Not sure, I thought it was 90 cases in a week. But might be wrong on that.

• Like 1

UK few weeks ago daily infection rate was just below 10,000 right now its tripled to 32,000 and thats with high vaccination rates, this is attributed to the Delta variant, hosptal admissions have been supressed as a direct result of the vaccination program at moment the NHS is coping...

This Delta strain is like the Alpha on  Steroids...

Charts show infections are rising at the same rate as they were in the autumn

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sunday through Saturday numbers or a rolling daily count...asking for my friends dog

Week 1 commenced 01 July, i.e. Thursday to Wednesday

Edited by anchadian

I don't see any mentions of masks in any of the new restrictions so I guess they are the same as the old new normal and not part of the latest variant of the new normal I'm getting confused so I might try the confused button and see if that helps.

Just now, FarFlungFalang said:

I don't see any mentions of masks in any of the new restrictions so I guess they are the same as the old new normal and not part of the latest variant of the new normal I'm getting confused so I might try the confused button and see if that helps.

The latest government advice here is -- wear TWO masks at a time to improve one's protection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lokie said:

UK few weeks ago daily infection rate was just below 10,000 right now its tripled to 32,000 and thats with high vaccination rates, this is attributed to the Delta variant, hosptal admissions have been supressed as a direct result of the vaccination program at moment the NHS is coping...

This Delta strain is like the Alpha on  Steroids...

Charts show infections are rising at the same rate as they were in the autumn

If the initial epidemiological consequences of the Covid 19 virus were what they are now in the UK, it would just be brushed off as a nuisance. So, it's only in transmissibility that it's like the alpha on steroids. Thanks to the widescale vaccination, it probably is now less dangerous than a typical flu. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2021-07-09q.thumb.png.0af539a8b41180299443a306e6866aae.png

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/4418755801481133

On the subject of being "hard" vs. "soft," this government has no problem taking very "hard" measures against political protesters.

But what are they gonna do once this takes effect when folks are tooling down the highway for whatever reason and try to cross the border between Bangkok and Samut Prakan, or Bangkok and Nonthaburi, or the like, trying to escape to PKK or Pattaya or wherever?

Are the police gonna turn them back?  Ask them for a 100 baht tip to continue on their way?  Be busy in their tents reading their mobile phones and ignoring the traffic zooming past?

Anytime you get these kinds of rules in Thailand, there's always the question of what is the official policy vs. what actually happens in the real world.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The latest government advice here is -- wear TWO masks at a time to improve one's protection.

Just saw an interview on the evening news and the folks being interviewed in the north were already wearing 2.....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

There is something what normal people dont know! Like Finnair just make note here that it open new route to Phuket and BKK from Stockholm! Also flight from Helsinki in there! So they have to know something what all people dont know! Or have to have really good gargo deals lol.

Ok maybe little conspiracy theory but anyway sounds weird! 

Edited by 2 is 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If the initial epidemiological consequences of the Covid 19 virus were what they are now in the UK, it would just be brushed off as a nuisance. So, it's only in transmissibility that it's like the alpha on steroids. Thanks to the widescale vaccination, it probably is now less dangerous than a typical flu. 

If the UK government predicted numbers of 100,000-150,000 infections per day come true that's still going to be 200-300 deaths per day at 0.2% CFR

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I hope your right,

my point was time is of the essence for Thailand as is being discussed, the rates have shot up here in UK with this Delta strain, a lot more rapidly then any of the other strains to date... it is a lot more contagious 

Edited by Lokie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lokie said:

I hope your right,

my point was time is of the essence for Thailand as is being discussed, the rates have shot up here in UK with this Delta strain, a lot more rapidly then any of the other strains to date... it is a lot more contatious 

I agree with you about that 100%.

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just saw an interview on the evening news and the folks being interviewed in the north were already wearing 2.....

Last night I saw the cute news reader wearing 2 masks.I couldn't stop yelling at her.

• Haha 1