Nine million register for Moderna at private hospitals - 3,300 baht is still a lot for Thai people

webfact

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

The delivery schedule is 3.9 million Q4 2021.....1.1 million Q1 2022.....there are going to be an awful lot of disappointed (and dead?) people by then......... 9,000,000 x 3000 is a tidy amount to be holding an account at say 5%.  !!!!!!

I wish I knew a bank that gave 5% interest

meh, costs me 115 liters of fuel, 16 visits to the cinema (if they were open), 357 bottles of water, 25 bottles of imported beer, 67 liters of milk or having internet for six months just to drive to work each week to earn a wage.

and I was refused a jab (of AZ).

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

The free jabs are mostly likely to be Sinovac or, if lucky or Thai? AZ.

Whilst Sinovac my offer some protection it is generally regarded as well down the pecking order in what you would  have, given any choice.

I registered two months ago for the government vaccination scheme and still haven't got any appt.

That means all vaccines are out-of-stock.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I've had my first AZ dose (free) two weeks ago here in Phuket.   The second is currently scheduled for the beginning of the third week in September (it may be sooner due to the reductiion in dosage periods from 12 to 8 weeks.   We shall see.

Although I have reasonable faith in AZ, due to its original research and development, not because of its Thai manufacture, my own primary reason in getting fully vaccinated is that I foresee ever increasing requirements to provide proof of vaccination for a whole host of social activities, including of course travel.   A 'vacc passport' isn't that far away.

I've also registered and pre-paid for Moderna here in Phuket, both doses, which I also intend to have whenever they are available.   My understanding is that each private hospital has been allocated a certain amount of the vaccine, and it is this volume on which they are allowing the pre-paid applicants.   Once the allocation has been accounted for, those unsuccessful remain registered and will be informed of future supplies.

I keep seeing these type of statements that you think you will have some sort of privilege for being double jabbed.

You can clearly see and hear about the fact that some jabs dont cover some sort of variant, or there's now a new variant that previously wasnt known about and now it appears that that jab doesnt cover it blah blah....this sis set up so that literally any old type of twaddle can be relayed at any time.

Now they are taking advance payments on these jabs and people seem to be flooding them with money!

Its very hard to get money back once its been given, regardless of the intentions at the time. Especially in Asia, where it will be more classed as a donation into the ongoing work of developing more freedom for all of our citizens.

You ARE always going to need to prove negative test regardless of have many vaccines you have had.

Tbh the whole thing seems to be falling apart and perhaps for international travel you might need a neg test but the majority of things you are not going to need.

Its a case of living with a virus just like we do with the thousands of other types.

One other thing to consider that it appears there encouragement or advise in dealing with symptoms of this virus....just get jabbed! and again and agian. It cant and wont go on like this

29 minutes ago, ed strong said:

I keep seeing these type of statements that you think you will have some sort of privilege for being double jabbed.

You can clearly see and hear about the fact that some jabs dont cover some sort of variant, or there's now a new variant that previously wasnt known about and now it appears that that jab doesnt cover it blah blah....this sis set up so that literally any old type of twaddle can be relayed at any time.

Now they are taking advance payments on these jabs and people seem to be flooding them with money!

Its very hard to get money back once its been given, regardless of the intentions at the time. Especially in Asia, where it will be more classed as a donation into the ongoing work of developing more freedom for all of our citizens.

You ARE always going to need to prove negative test regardless of have many vaccines you have had.

Tbh the whole thing seems to be falling apart and perhaps for international travel you might need a neg test but the majority of things you are not going to need.

Its a case of living with a virus just like we do with the thousands of other types.

One other thing to consider that it appears there encouragement or advise in dealing with symptoms of this virus....just get jabbed! and again and agian. It cant and wont go on like this

Don't disagree with you at all, however I certainly won't feel 'privileged'.   Already, you can't get into Phuket from another province (let alone internationally) unless you've either been vaccinated or tested within 7 days of arriving.   It appears other countries are progressing the idea of vaccination passports that will allow holders more unrestricted access to social activities and venues.   Not completely inconceivable that Thailand won't go down this route also, particularly if more segregation of tourists and locals comes about.

• Thanks 1

In my native langue we have a saying about selling the skin before you’ve shot the bear. Seems - sort of - applicable to what these hospitals are doing too, with the difference that there are no bears around to shoot at all…….

• Like 1

We phoned 2 privet hospitals in Saraburi province ,one said they did not have any vaccine ,and are not taking appointments .

The other said 2 jabs 3400 baht pay up front ,but the vaccine is not due in until  October .

Can not say ,"Will the last person leaving  the country  please turn the lights out", no one can leave ,as Thailand will soon be on Red lights . 

• Haha 1

What an offensive headline by Asean Now.

The money is a third of a monthly salary for many normal workers, pretty obvious they cannot afford to make this step. The money likely means little for those who have made the bookings, but that is not the point. 

It is a lot of money for everyone who pays taxes and social security contributions in Thailand. Regardless of nationality. Why would/should anyone have to? Disgraceful behaviour and organisation from the Thai government. That is the key point.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ezzra said:

So 9 millions registered and PAID for the vaccine, it's like 29,700,000,000 baht paid, is that right? but only 5 millions doses will be available if at all...

9 million people registering/expressing interest does not mean 9M followed through with payment because many people (probably around half) surely decided not to follow thru with payment or tried to pay but couldn't. 

For example the wife and I registered for Moderna jabs with the Thonburi Hospital Group (THG) in early June when THG opened registration....it was open for a week or so...went over a million registrations and then they closed further registrations as interest was far exceeding the number of doses THG would be allowed to order.   But it wasn't until 1 July when THG (along with most other hospitals offering Moderna jabs) actually started accepting jab "payment" which would lock-in Moderna jabs.   Now a person who had registered before (i.e., shown interest) would need to pay to lock-in the jabs.   Until payment is made a person is not locked-in to getting jabs.   But by 1 July the wife and I had got our first free AstraZeneca jab.....2nd jab scheduled for late September.....we decided waiting for Moderna in late 2021 was too long to wait and AstraZeneca is a good vaccine.   So, when THG opened up for Moderna jab payment on 1 July the wife and I didn't followed thru with payment which would reserve Moderna jabs for us.   THG accepted payment for jabs for approx two days before shutting down for further payments...expect they reached their limit of the doses they would be allowed to order.

What I'm saying is although there  is tremendous interest in getting Moderna a lot of people surely didn't follow thru with payment because they decided against it when payment time came OR were unable to pay although tried to.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

I don't believe anyone has paid anything at all, whoever posted that simply made it up.

Well I've paid.

Personally I prefer to pay and not take the spot of an at-risk Thai, or leach off the government. Or if the government is the only option, I have no problem paying (the gov't), for a real vaccine.

My SWAG is ~ 1 MM Thais shelled out ~ 5 BILLION baht in a few days.

If anything, this effort identified the market for alternative vaccines.

Millions of Thais use and pay for private health care, for many reasons. Don't often hear people whining about that?

Again, the 9 MM "interested" figure is, interesting, that's it. I was counted five times in that figure. I'll only be getting one full vaccination (2x doses). Hopefully.

Edited by mtls2005

21 hours ago, scorecard said:

Can any member:

- Please share a list of the hospitals (nationwide, especially Chiang Mai) who are taking these registrations?

- And did the folks registering have to pay the fees on the spot?

Thanks.

No list, but my wife registered me at Chularat 9 Airport hospital here in Samut Prakan.

She paid 2,400 baht in advance, balance due on jab.

22 hours ago, scorecard said:

Can any member:

- Please share a list of the hospitals (nationwide, especially Chiang Mai) who are taking these registrations?

Thanks.

MT Intermed Hospital

Chiang Mai

(If they still have intakes)

Yes, you need to pay upfront.

Warmest

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

So 9 millions registered and PAID for the vaccine, it's like 29,700,000,000 baht paid, is that right? but only 5 millions doses will be available if at all...

Shouldn't be any problems with refunds for the unlucky 4 million. Refunds are freely given here.

22 hours ago, Misty said:

Something doesn't add up.  How many of these are duplicate registrations done by the same people at multiple hospitals?

Very valid question.  Calls into question the policy of letting hospitals run independent registration as this can never prevent double bookings.  But who is surprised?

The only way to do this is run a secure, centralised booking system stating choice of vaccine and hospital for patients who register.  Once booked they can't change or make extra bookings.

T.I.T.  But I prefer T.I.T.S - Think It Through, Stupid!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, scorecard said:

Can any member:

Thanks.

I just managed to register at KSBR and sent the payment this morning. 3,300 baht for 2 doses of Moderna.

A Thai friend sent me the link after he registered. 4 people, 2 doses each. 6,600 baht.

So they are charging foreigners double. They know you are a foreigner when you register and use a passport number instead of a Thai ID number.

Their payment system is kind of weird though. You have to make a bank transfer, then attach a .jpg photo of the confirmed payment to the (online) invoice.

https://www.ksbrhospital.com/WebService/KASEMRAD_Vac_Survey?ui=EN

You have to wait for a minute (or 5) before it directs you to the registration screen. Click "English" in the top-right corner.

Note there are 14 different hospitals to chose from (as to where you want to get jabbed). Closest to Pattaya though is the one in Chachoengsao. Under "City" they don't list Pattaya, so you have to select Chon Buri, then Bang Lamung, then Nong Prue (or Na Kluea or Huay Yai).

Under amount, type in "1" if you are just registering for a single person (1 person = 2 doses). 

Check the box at the bottom and then submit it. There will be a long pause and you may have to do it a couple times (in the event it "times out" or gives you an error screen).
Took me a couple tries before giving me the message about payment and the payment screen. (It's a Krung Thai bank account.)

Then you go to your bank/atm/whatever and make the payment, then make a photo of the payment slip (or take a screen cap and crop out everything except the bank payment details) and attach that at the bottom of the payment screen.

No idea of how long it will take until the payment is confirmed. My understanding is that they won't start jabbing people until October.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yeah.... ponzi scheme if there ever was one.

I didn't bother.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

A Thai friend sent me the link after he registered. 4 people, 2 doses each. 6,600 baht.

So they are charging foreigners double. They know you are a foreigner when you register and use a passport number instead of a Thai ID number.

thanks for the infos. my thai wife booked moderna on the thai website. she paid 3'300 thb, same as I paid!

did your friend made a screenshot of the booking? did you see it?

35 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I just managed to register at KSBR and sent the payment this morning. 3,300 baht for 2 doses of Moderna.

Maybe your friend click on the booster  (4 person 1 dose)!
As 3'300 for 2 dose is the normal price. I don't think they do separate price in that case (even they do on many other things).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

9 million people registered, 5 million doses expected to arrive (god knows when).

Things are about to get interesting...

I am horrified to read how many people are still desperate to get a vaccination

For one time I am blessed to be old (more than 75 years) because I could get at Bang Sue Grand Station without pre-registration a free AstraZeneca jab (just walk-in at Gate 1 and show passport) / staff was very kind and helpful in English / Thailand at its best.

National News Bureau Of Thailand (prd.go.th)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

I am horrified to read how many people are still desperate to get a vaccination

For one time I am blessed to be old (more than 75 years) because I could get at Bang Sue Grand Station without pre-registration a free AstraZeneca jab (just walk-in at Gate 1 and show passport) / staff was very kind and helpful in English / Thailand at its best.

National News Bureau Of Thailand (prd.go.th)

What nationality?

18 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

thanks for the infos. my thai wife booked moderna on the thai website. she paid 3'300 thb, same as I paid!

did your friend made a screenshot of the booking? did you see it?

This is the confirmation for booking and payment of a single dose of Moderna made by my wife's niece on my behalf. Same price as Thais pay as my wife also paid 1650 Baht for a single dose.

InkedCapture2_LI.jpg

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Thanks 1

As told before, this is a one in a lifetime opportunity for (corrupt) politicians world wide and do not forget the pharma industry and other companies (like CP) who combine. if only 1000 baht get in their hands we are talking already about 9 billion baht. 70 million people in THailand alone would be.................?

• Like 1