Nine million register for Moderna at private hospitals - 3,300 baht is still a lot for Thai people

webfact

1 minute ago, khunPer said:

Furthermore USA has donated 1.2 million Pfizer-BioNtech, where a single booster-jab on top os Sinovac-vaccination seems to protect against the Delta-variant, these donations seems to be used like that for Sinovac-vaccinated health workers.

This is what I am hanging my hat on.......!!!

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

So 9 millions registered and PAID for the vaccine, it's like 29,700,000,000 baht paid, is that right? but only 5 millions doses will be available if at all...

That's right. Four million bagholders.

1 hour ago, pmarlin said:

Don't know where some you are getting that all those who applied have paid.

Because that is the condition under which the private hospitals ordered Moderna. They said they had to have the money in hand first in order to place their order. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

You do understand that these are just words. AFAIK, NONE of these have been delivered, and all but AZ haven't even been ordered yet.

I mean, I'm told that I am handsome (occasionally), but I don't believe it.

Can I interest you in a slightly used unicorn?

Neither have the Moderna vaccines - arrived yet, just words - lots of things are just words, even your used Unicorn, unfortunately, otherwise I would have been very interested..!

However, if you are handsome or not, I cannot judge without your bank statement, presuming those telling you that you are "handsum man" are doing it from the-Thai-view-of-being-handsum...????(Rolling On The Floor Laughing-emoji)

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Understanding that there are a lot of duplicates - I registered at four sites, prepaid for one, so far - that's still a lot.

If the regime is truly interested in getting everyone vaccinated ASAP, then they'd loosen the restrictions on the private, paid option.

I'd submit that, for a few reasons, they do not want the private option, so artificially constrain it.

To  be cynical, if the aim was to vacinate everyone, there would be no private scheme and they would order them from as many sources as possible with a clear plan of rollout based on need, however this would severely reduce the opportunities to take a cut for signing an order.

The even bigger cynic in me foresees a change in policy in a couple of months where all vaccines in Thailand are commandeered by the state for a national rollout plan and those who pay will be left waiting - those at the top of the tree will always get theirs first anyway and it would appeal to the massed ranks of poor voters….

Personally I have registered on three lists of which two involved a prepayment but will be surprised if i get anything this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Well before then, I was told I will get a refund if not jabbed this year. 

Same here ! Expected to arrive between Oct, and Dec! If not, full refund, I'm feeling good about my prospects because I got on the Privates list in May and was contacted to send a deposit in June! 

I have sent in a refundable deposit for me and mine and was told that we have to share a  10 dose vile with six others!

Shouldn't be to difficult to fulfill that  part above !

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

Same here ! Expected to arrive between Oct, and Dec! If not, full refund, I'm feeling good about my prospects because I got on the Privates list in May and was contacted to send a deposit in June! 

I have sent in a refundable deposit for me and mine and was told that we have to share a  10 dose vile with six others!

Shouldn't be to difficult to fulfill that  part above !

I was never told that(sharing vials). I forgot to ask/register my wife and she still can't get an appointment. 

3 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I registered on Thonburi hospital group through their Line app. Later, they asked me to pay 3k deposit and I did nothing instead as I didn't believe it would happen in October and they have a no refund policy. I'll gladly pay when it comes if there are available stock. That's just my 2 cents..

Initially I heard through the rice patties that the local private was offering memberships to their hospital for 4k  back in early May. They guarantied that membership would entitle customers to join the Mvacc list. They expected to obtain the M vacc in late Dec 

Unfortunately they  refused to refund the full deposit if the they couldn't get it but you could use the money for other services !

Needless to say ,I went shopping else where 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

reported that the chief of the Thai Private Hospitals' Association told them that nine million people had registered so far for Moderna vaccine. 

How would they know how many people are willing to pay for it when every private hospital in Pattaya that has had the pleasure of treating me (thereby, having medical records of mine) in the last 10 years shut any registration scheme within hours with a few hundred lucky people on them eh ? 

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I was never told that(sharing vials). I forgot to ask/register my wife and she still can't get an appointment. 

As long as I get my doses I could care less what they do with it ! But it does make sense to me !

The international desk at the private was very informative and spoke very good English.

I have dealt with them before !

1 minute ago, riclag said:

As long as I get my doses I could care less what they do with it ! But it does make sense to me !

The international desk at the private was very informative and spoke very good English.

I have dealt with them before !

I couldn't care less too. I've seen a few people write "I could care less", maybe a regional thing? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The CSR at the private asked for a copy of my families   ID cards and my Passport !

I've had my first AZ dose (free) two weeks ago here in Phuket.   The second is currently scheduled for the beginning of the third week in September (it may be sooner due to the reductiion in dosage periods from 12 to 8 weeks.   We shall see.

Although I have reasonable faith in AZ, due to its original research and development, not because of its Thai manufacture, my own primary reason in getting fully vaccinated is that I foresee ever increasing requirements to provide proof of vaccination for a whole host of social activities, including of course travel.   A 'vacc passport' isn't that far away.

I've also registered and pre-paid for Moderna here in Phuket, both doses, which I also intend to have whenever they are available.   My understanding is that each private hospital has been allocated a certain amount of the vaccine, and it is this volume on which they are allowing the pre-paid applicants.   Once the allocation has been accounted for, those unsuccessful remain registered and will be informed of future supplies.

8 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I don't believe anyone has paid anything at all, whoever posted that simply made it up.

As been told believe means not know!
I have paid for 2 person, more than 1 month ago already. And I believe (not know) that many more have paid as well in the past few days!

14 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I don't believe anyone has paid anything at all, whoever posted that simply made it up.

I paid 1200 , but it was not mandatory. It was nice of them to ease the financial burden of 3400 all at once. 

Edited by Neeranam

1 minute ago, HampiK said:

As been told believe means not know!
I have paid for 2 person, more than 1 month ago already. And I believe (not know) that many more have paid as well in the past few days!

Indeed.   Once payment was confirmed by email, I received this receipt, as well as two, 2 page 'coupons', one for each dose.

yzwLYRh.jpg

8 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I've had my first AZ dose (free) two weeks ago here in Phuket.   The second is currently scheduled for the beginning of the third week in September (it may be sooner due to the reductiion in dosage periods from 12 to 8 weeks.   We shall see.

Although I have reasonable faith in AZ, due to its original research and development, not because of its Thai manufacture, my own primary reason in getting fully vaccinated is that I foresee ever increasing requirements to provide proof of vaccination for a whole host of social activities, including of course travel.   A 'vacc passport' isn't that far away.

I've also registered and pre-paid for Moderna here in Phuket, both doses, which I also intend to have whenever they are available.   My understanding is that each private hospital has been allocated a certain amount of the vaccine, and it is this volume on which they are allowing the pre-paid applicants.   Once the allocation has been accounted for, those unsuccessful remain registered and will be informed of future supplies.

Initially I was shooting for the AZ shot but the decision makers were playing games  with the second shot dates in Thailand.  The deciding factor for me at the time was when they raised it up to sixteen weeks !  Weeks later they changed to 8.Just before that they even  played around with the dosage ,instead of 10 doses per vile they raised it to 12! 

Edited by riclag

Just now, riclag said:

Initially I was shooting for the AZ shot but the decision makers were playing games  with the second shot dates in Thailand.  The deciding factor for me at the time was when they raised it up to sixteen weeks ! Just before that they even  played around with the dosage ,instead of 10 doses per vile they raised it to 12! 

Agree, fortunately the 16 week/12 dose per vial scenario was knocked on the head very quickly, I believe after AstraZeneca stepped in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pagallim said:

Agree, fortunately the 16 week/12 dose per vial scenario was knocked on the head very quickly, I believe after AstraZeneca stepped in.

Yup,  during these changes I committed my money to the elusive  Mvacc