Can we travel out of Bangkok by car?

Phoenixsun28

2 hours ago, peterrabbit said:

Quite a high number of medical staff, who have received two doses of Sinovac, are being infected with Covid. It appears that the efficiency of Sinovac is quite low against the new Delta variant (possibly only 10% according to some). So don't assume that just because you have received two doses of Sinovac you are totally immune to the current Covid variants. Safety first! 

Efficiency of vaccine is first and foremost with regards to developing severe outcome or die from Covid.

It has been pretty clear from the beginning that vaccination does not mean no virus transmission. I really don't know where people got this idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2021 at 5:41 PM, poohy said:

Not being argumentative but personally considering leaving Thailand and family more importantly my dogs to get vaccinated in UK as it not happening here

So, with that in mind sorry but hardly a valid reason to  travel vaccinated or not

i did the vaxine run return on friday  2 weeks again jail  but worth it your dogs are important of course  but the way things are going dont wait to long i tried to get some modena  to bring back but no chance to get  otherwise i would share   best of luck 

News on Mono 29 just showed a few checkpoints heavily manned and checking each car to see where they were headed, even the taxi's and motorcycle Taxis.  Granted it is just now half past 8 and the curfew starts at 9, but it appears they are reminding folks just like my Condo security guards reminded us when we went out for a run to be back by 9 pm.

On 7/10/2021 at 9:59 PM, Phoenixsun28 said:

Also for those wondering, can confirm through my gf office mate, that there is no roadblock into Pattaya. 

And for those of you that want to flame; YES she's vaccinated. 

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would like to gently point out that the person who flew into the litter box then tested +ve was also vaccinated, and yet they still caused the quarantine of 12 other "also vaccinated" persons.

Again, I am not having a dig at you, but as a reminder, your vaccines protect you, not us. And they do not prevent you from becoming infected nor spreading covid.

And I can't see any flame posts, unless you count this as one!

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

News on Mono 29 just showed a few checkpoints heavily manned and checking each car to see where they were headed, even the taxi's and motorcycle Taxis.  Granted it is just now half past 8 and the curfew starts at 9, but it appears they are reminding folks just like my Condo security guards reminded us when we went out for a run to be back by 9 pm.

It does sound like a pre-curfew warning.  That said, my condo in Ploenchit overlooks the motorway, and right now (21.38) there are still quite a few vehicles using it.

10 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It does sound like a pre-curfew warning.  That said, my condo in Ploenchit overlooks the motorway, and right now (21.38) there are still quite a few vehicles using it.

Watching the news this morning it seems like the checkpoints were quite busy last night with people not understanding the meaning of a curfew, and those youngsters wanting to meet up with friends to party. Saw a truck stopped, loaded with beer, and music speakers, looked like they were headed to somewhere where they could drink and listen to music.

7 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Having a desire to spend a day on the beach does not come under "necessary travel" Suck it up and stay in Bangkok!

I agree.  It will be interesting to see if it is allowed.  More likely is people wanting to get away for a slightly longer break.  The forthcoming long weekend will be a good test.

13 hours ago, pissedoff2am said:

So does that mean the vaccines dont work? And if they dont then we will be on permanent lockdown?

Yes permanent lockdown  until the majority are vaccinated, thats going to take forever  with this Government

15 hours ago, fabruer said:

Different direction but reckon might not matter much:

I travelled by car from Bangkok to Surat Thani, started 8am and arrived 5pm.

There were a few roadblocks, especially further down after Prachuap Kirikhan. Not a single one of them was manned, maybe that was due to rain, maybe not.

I wasn't stopped anywhere. The further South I got the more relaxed people and overall situation seemed.

Now before any of the watchdogs and deputy tourist police guys get foam around mouth (might be too late for some already ???????? this is a business trip, I have my documents on order, local amphoe is informed. All above the board.

And no, a zoom meeting wouldn't resolve the issue at hand ????

I love how somebody actually posts useful info, and the post is basically ignored lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

I love how somebody actually posts useful info, and the post is basically ignored lol

I didn't ignore it.  Very interesting to see that there were no restrictions on travelling out of Bangkok to Prachuap Kirikhan (Hua Hin) yesterday.  Hopefully people will post about other routes out of Bangkok soon.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LennyW said:

Having a desire to spend a day on the beach does not come under "necessary travel" Suck it up and stay in Bangkok!

Or just make up any emergency story and continue going where you want to go.... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, actonion said:

Yes permanent lockdown  until the majority are vaccinated, thats going to take forever  with this Government

Well if the vaccines don't seem to be working then the lockdowns will be around for a very long time... 

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Well if the vaccines don't seem to be working then the lockdowns will be around for a very long time... 

it’s already been an unbearably long time. And yes, it ain’t over anytime soon. We’re talking a decade or two here. And meanwhile there will be countries completely back to normal in under three or so years, but this stuff will drag on and on

I hope not! The mea-jaa is there and the mea-noi and I are really busy with Covid emergency drills up north, we time each other removing full ppe down to just face masks and the ppe for my peepee.

It's all done in the best possible taste, and in the interests of science.

We were planning to drive to BK from CM.

Do you have to go into quarantine or self isolation?

I know we will have to self isolate upon our return here,  but we were hoping  to get vaccinated at MedPark

If we had to quarantine  or self isolate that might change our minds.

Cheers

On 7/19/2021 at 11:52 AM, ThaiPauly said:

We were planning to drive to BK from CM.

Do you have to go into quarantine or self isolation?

I know we will have to self isolate upon our return here,  but we were hoping  to get vaccinated at MedPark

If we had to quarantine  or self isolate that might change our minds.

Cheers

There are no checkpoints going into or out of bkk

• Thanks 1