One Less Farang

Makoshark

56 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

If the health insurance is useless why not simply get the cheapest acceptable one with a high initial payment from you before it kicks in? It sounds like you’d be on the hook anyway if the issue was a pre existing condition. If you are spending 160k you are likely to be okay to fund anything that comes up. I’m going to take a look at the Philippines in 2022, assuming they are open. 

I miss Philippines really much sometimes. Only have stay in Cebu and Dumaquete. Thailand more safe country and many in LOS much better . But if you dont want/need "local" life much then Phil wins . If you live some nice, safe subdivision and let all other haddle running things all is great.

Only when want get some place get driver and go. One minus point in Phil is traffic. Dont want drive there myself. If single its heaven in earth, woman more beutiful than in LOS and more "easy". My own opinion only ????

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

loaded old people can readily go to Guam for the single jab Johnson vax

and stay there if they want out of here

try natural fix of those pre-existing conditions..... sounds lucky you have not fallen to covid

what use health insurance if you are too old / ill to stand surgery or other cure.....

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Worrying news more generally given their ages, I think.

Why? As I understand it, children can catch Covid, its just they're less likely to get serious symptoms or be hospitalised

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Why? As I understand it, children can catch Covid, its just they're less likely to get serious symptoms or be hospitalised

Yet these have been hospitalized.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Less likely but in some countries on the increase. Perhaps related to Delta. 

• Like 2

I use to do 60 days at a time then go back.  But, found myself spending as much in that 60 days as I do now in about one year.

So, don't expect Thailand to miss your money because you will find a way to spend it and possibly more in your future limited stays.

Good luck.

12 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

I got mugged in Manila on a Sunday morning in 1998, never went back, there was an air of desperation about the place

I walked around Manila for about a week in the early part of February of 2020 and never felt any different there than I do anywhere else. I'm always aware of what's going on around me and avoid sketchy areas at all times... I have never been mugged but admitting to what is on my bucket list as a retaliation would probably get me banned from this website.   

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

How many sandbox tourists are currently being held against their will in Covid-Jail?

From just the two cases there would be the original 12 from the UAE infected man, and then the rest of the children's family so maybe 19, plus the gal who just moved here from Germany and was also in the Sandbox so 20 that I know of.....expensive vacations now.....

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

Worrying news more generally given their ages, I think.

As many prominent Medical Professionals from around the Globe have been saying for some time now, the Delta Variant is known to be more Virulent than the other Variants toward younger people in Society.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Spent a lot of time in the Philippines, met many nightclub girls, waitress, security guards. Some of them were doing jobs that wasn't their first choice of occupations, but I didn't see any despair. Most were reasonably happy, some were making good money, families and kids all happy enough. It's a third world country, what do you expect?

This security guard seemed happy enough!

IMG_20170206_104649.jpg

I thought you'd look like Leonard rossiter, (rigsby) fair play you look well for your age . 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Spent a lot of time in the Philippines, met many nightclub girls, waitress, security guards. Some of them were doing jobs that wasn't their first choice of occupations, but I didn't see any despair. Most were reasonably happy, some were making good money, families and kids all happy enough. It's a third world country, what do you expect?

This security guard seemed happy enough!

IMG_20170206_104649.jpg

Thanks for the photo where it is clear that the security guard has not a gun but a rifle and this is what I initially found on all the security guards in Makati, the richest neighborhood in Manila. So this photo demonstrates the crime rate. And if they see a foreigner with money it is clear that you are welcome to any poor country such as the Philippines.

I see you have an armed guard nearby and I assume it was the guard of the restaurant or bar, come to check that you had paid well for your cafe note before getting up from the table. LOL

Confirm that not a recommendable country, contrary to what you claim.

Edited by BE88
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

IMHO it has been losing good posters for several years now but nobody upstairs seem to care. I know that they have thousands of posters still on the books, but active posters are getting thin on the ground.

(I'm surprised the above posting wasn't taken down. But since it's still up:) 

- Why "good posters" are not around anymore? It depends what you mean by "good posters." For the current "nobody upstairs" that means if you...

[re-edited then self-censored]

- In the same token you don't see many "familiar names" either, probably because quite a few of them... 

[re-edited then self-censored]

Sorry, don't want to risk account suspension during this covid crisis. Hope you catch my drift...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

I miss Philippines really much sometimes. Only have stay in Cebu and Dumaquete. Thailand more safe country and many in LOS much better . But if you dont want/need "local" life much then Phil wins . If you live some nice, safe subdivision and let all other haddle running things all is great.

Only when want get some place get driver and go. One minus point in Phil is traffic. Dont want drive there myself. If single its heaven in earth, woman more beutiful than in LOS and more "easy". My own opinion only ????

I’m planning to spend time there in 2022 if it can get a grip on its Covid issues. So probably May or later. I’d like to spend some time in Makati (Manila) then Cebu, just to see what it is like. I might look at Dumaguete but I don’t think I could deal with the brownouts  and internet issues. If I don’t care for the place I will move on to Thailand, which should be over Covid by then. 

10 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

What's not to love? 30% unemployment, poverty that mirrors Africa, male Filipinos that will beat you senseless for small change in your pocket, prostitutes involved with drugging and extortion, possibly the worst food on the planet, 25% more expensive than thailand, women that turn ugly overnight after they hit 20, greedy thieving cops, greedy thieving scamming bar owners, dirty beaches. Bad seafood and even worse fruit.

None of this is important because the desperate Filipino women make you feel wanted. It's a place and even a poor and unattractive man can feel a bit like a king.

I’m stunned by this news. I’m so very sorry for your loss.

https://www.escapeartist.com/blog/6-reasons-expats-love-philippines/

Edited by 2 is 1