One Less Farang

Makoshark

7 hours ago, BE88 said:

I would not recommend the Philippines to anyone, a country where violence and despair is visible unless you have your eyes closed or open only for sex.

+1. Went once a 3-4 years ago when I was in my mid 20s. Will probably be a loooong time before I go back.

Visible hardship everywhere and seeing it was unavoidable. To the point where it was actually uncomfortable to be around. Have never been to another country where I experienced that. Another poster remarked on the miserable quality of food, which is a sentiment that I second. Even for those interested only in sex, just by walking around I noticed that the quality of girls was disappointing on average. Way worse than Thailand and the surrounding countries. I just don't see the appeal at all.

• Thanks 1

Melisa wants to divorce Richard. She told her best friend Cindy: I am going to leave Dick. I already packed my bags. I am moving back to my parents. But I will come back to check if Dick is OK every one to two months and stay for 2 to 3 weeks each time...

Cindy: Melisa, you are not being leaving Richard. You are still with Richard half of the time. You are not 'left'. You are kidding yourself!

So to the original poster: You are the Melisa, you think you have left Richard the Dick, you are still technically live with him, except you are away half of the month when Dick can now fxxk around while you are away. In marriage term, it is not a divorce, it is even not a separation. 

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2021 at 7:47 PM, BritManToo said:

Alternative destinations are pretty thin on the ground at the moment.

Pre-COVID I'd have had no problems relocating to PI or Cambodia.

Pre-Brexit I'd have had no problems relocating to France/Spain for that matter.

Mexico.  Yeah, the US State Department keeps issuing plague and do not travel warning.  If it's not viruses than it's cartels.  It's all open.  The government understands how to attract tourists and longer stay expats.
You chose to subsist in fear or you chose to live.  Nowadays most are choosing the former.  The latter is the choice of those who don't follow the herd.

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I would not consider myself a Thailand hater ................

Au contraire.  A Thai lover of all things of the female persuasion.  A connoisseur of the womanly form and girlish antics.  Pouts. Kisses. Selfies. A beer.  A game of pool.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:16 PM, rumak said:

One thing i've noticed is that there are a heck of a lot LESS  farangs on this new named site

that i had grown somewhat fond of  .    Seems like the purge has been successful.

Now there's just 2 or 3 that I even recognize.  And I'm one of them !

You recognize your self , that is encouraging 

1 hour ago, connda said:

There were some who were total PITAs but don't seem to be around any longer.  <crosses fingers; makes a wish>.
Of course, then again, I also have a rather large ignore list.  There are just some people and opinions that are better left unread. So, I've made many of those people <poof> disappear.  Presto, Chango, Sha-Zam!  (Gone man!) <laughs>

Well done. But they remain a malign, unrestricted influence .

Your post makes no sense to me... You wrote:

"With insurance costing me 180,000 bht per year and with pre-existing conditions, the insurance is useless."

I do not have health insurance in Thailand, but am planning on getting some before the end of the year just in case Thai Immigrations requires it for a long stay on an O-visa. I've found some that would meet Immigration's requirements (of which I have none right now) for about 20,000 baht a year. But yes, because of the extremely high deductible, its only use would be to meet Thai Immigration requirements.

"At 71 years old,  and good health..."

I'm 75 and in good health. How could you say you're in "good health" if you have pre-existing conditions?

"I do not have access to the vaccine."

I registered for the vaccine on my phone (Mor Prom) the first day it was available and then got a shot of AZ on 7 June.

You make no sense to me at all, although I support your decision to leave Thailand and wish you well.

• Like 2

Hmm I'm considering changing my return flight to Thailand from early September to early October.

Chances of life returning to normal (can go out to restaurants / bar)  in September are very slim - would that be a fair assumption?

In a bit of a dilemma....

5 minutes ago, Genix said:

Hmm I'm considering changing my return flight to Thailand from early September to early October.

Chances of life returning to normal (can go out to restaurants / bar)  in September are very slim - would that be a fair assumption?

Yep IMHO that's a fair assumption. In fact I'd write off the remainder of this year. Cross the fingers and hope there's some good signs early 2022. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genix said:

Which year?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Genix said:

Of 2022 is that what you mean. Not seeing this October opening up but then I have been wrong before.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 7:47 PM, BritManToo said:

Alternative destinations are pretty thin on the ground at the moment.

Pre-COVID I'd have had no problems relocating to PI or Cambodia.

Pre-Brexit I'd have had no problems relocating to France/Spain for that matter.

Mexico is a good bet

• Like 1