One Less Farang

Makoshark

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

What baffles me is that you realize that your insurance is useless. Well in that case, surely you could find one that is much cheaper and equally useless.

Maybe by increasing the deductible on his existing policy to the max possible if it's really that useless??

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

People wonder why many more of us do not pack up and head out elsewhere.  I did leave and went to the Phil's in 2019, however 6 months later I moved back.  Don't get me wrong it was fine except getting mugged and robbed in broad daylight, and the crime there is worse. Immigration is easy there and many do speak English, just wasn't my cup of tea.

Out of curiosity, where there if you please?

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Get tested three days prior to travel , Book two home tests at 170 quid and stay in home quarantine for ten days  

Tests are cheaper than that now. Last time I checked I saw 120 for 3 tests so including the test to release on day 5/6.

If the health insurance is useless why not simply get the cheapest acceptable one with a high initial payment from you before it kicks in? It sounds like you’d be on the hook anyway if the issue was a pre existing condition. If you are spending 160k you are likely to be okay to fund anything that comes up. I’m going to take a look at the Philippines in 2022, assuming they are open. 

Edited by AlexRich
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

Well some of us would like to leave, but being in the provinces its a bit difficult. Just had 2 domestic flights cancelled in the last 3 days, running out of options to get to Bangkok. The latest inter-provincial travel restrictions are extremely vague, do not know if i will make my international flight next week.

Try VIP bus, not best way to travel but i have done that now 2 times coz have to, from Loei to BKK main bus station. Taxi from there to airport. They not start if they cant drive to your destination. Ok everything possible in LOS but its one to try. Last time only one flight/ day from Loei to Don Muang and really wrong time for me.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

I'd rather peel my own skin off than travel by bus.

Same than when need to go toilet, when need to go you need to go. Actualy not bad if not normal bus. I drink Ballantines and beer there and sleep 5 houer. lol

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2