Covid deaths in perspective

Wuvu2

2 minutes ago, ericthai said:

fear mongering??  It's not just the deaths it's the use of the health care system too. My brother works in the healthcare system in the USA. They were overwhelmed with patients, working massive over time to keep up. bed shortages - sure it's just fear mongering.  Two of my good friends from school died. One was 51 in perfect health, went to the gym, no health issues. He got covid ended up in the hospital for 4 months before he died. Another friend did have health issues. He got covid and sadly died too.  Health issues increase your risk allot, but you can still die from covid if you are in perfect health. 

Yeah, it seems everyone either knows countless healthy people who have died, or (like me) they don't know anyone (healthy or otherwise) that has even had it, much less died. 

18 minutes ago, teacherofwoe said:

This site might be of interest to people who are into numbers:

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/thailand

Go the end of the progress bar.

You can see that COVID deaths have increased 10,000s of percent while all other disease remains stable. That's what is so dangerous about a pandemic. They can grow rapidly.

16 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, it seems everyone either knows countless healthy people who have died, or (like me) they don't know anyone (healthy or otherwise) that has even had it, much less died. 

That is the weird thing about this disease , and is the case everywhere around the world . Covid appears very much in clusters . I know a few people who have died of it , a few who needed hospital care and a few who had it but really soft . While i know others who do not know anybody who were sick of it .Asking around at my workplace , it is very depending on person to person , no visible reason why . 

A example of a typical cluster is a night out in a discotheque in Holland where of the 600 people present , after nearly 200 were tested positive after .  You can see and know how many people and not get infected , while at the same time there can be a "superspreader" around infecting infecting everybody around .

Only thing i can say is , once it get's in your "group" of people it can travel around crazy fast , and there is no way telling if you are the one who needs medical care ( or worse), or just got a mild fever .

18 hours ago, ericthai said:

fear mongering??  It's not just the deaths it's the use of the health care system too. My brother works in the healthcare system in the USA. They were overwhelmed with patients, working massive over time to keep up. bed shortages - sure it's just fear mongering.  Two of my good friends from school died. One was 51 in perfect health, went to the gym, no health issues. He got covid ended up in the hospital for 4 months before he died. Another friend did have health issues. He got covid and sadly died too.  Health issues increase your risk allot, but you can still die from covid if you are in perfect health. 

not to mention what a friend calls 'long covid' w/lasting after effects that can make your life not worth living... it goes beyond the % of fatalities... 

• Like 2