More baht for your foreign currency - UK pound breaks 45 barrier

webfact

THB2.jpg

File photo

People exchanging foreign currency for Thai baht have been celebrating as the currency continues its slide.

Yesterday on SuperRich the UK pound hit 45.25 for large denomination British notes.

Today on www.xe.com it was trading at 45.11 baht.

The currency was under 41 baht as recently as February, notes ASEAN Now. 

Today's current SuperRich rates are as follows:

Pound 44.95 

Euro 38.35

US Dollar 32.56

Aus Dollar 24.2

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-14

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

45 minutes ago, webfact said:

People exchanging foreign currency for Thai baht have been celebrating

Where can one exchange foreign currency?

Banks have refused to accept foreign notes ages ago and the exchange booths are all closed down.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, SantiSuk said:

In a random world (which exchange rates probably are):

Higher risk strategy - do nothing or bet all your spare pounds NOW

Lower risk strategy - do some and save some for later

Lower risk strategies have always done good for me, but it depends on your temperament. A financial adviser could spend half an hour with you and ask a whole load of questions about your innate appetite for risk ( .................then remove most of you money by fees anyway ???? )

Just reading about "pound averaging"........will shift some money over now and hang back for a while......

3 minutes ago, Why Me said:

I started transferring from the US as soon as it crossed 32. So I have a nice amount of fun money sitting in my Kbank ac. now with nothing to spend it on. No clubs, no bars, no dining out, no nothing.

And, of course, when restrictions lift and everything's open again it'll drop to 28.

ßloody bars still open in Khlong Toei............. so still spending money.........I suppose I could stop going out......nah.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Why Me said:

I started transferring from the US as soon as it crossed 32. So I have a nice amount of fun money sitting in my Kbank ac. now with nothing to spend it on. No clubs, no bars, no dining out, no nothing.

And, of course, when restrictions lift and everything's open again it'll drop to 28.

And, then again, if the tanks are needed on the streets once more it'll rise to 36.....for a few hours at least !

The baht will go down more. Wait until at least late August, possibly longer.

Until these factors are reversed, the baht will keep sliding down: factories closing due to the virus, construction sites being locked down, difficulties for tourist to visit Thailand, lack of good vaccines in Thailand and reduced COVID19 infections and deaths . Bank of Thailand continues to downgrade GDP,

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Where can one exchange foreign currency?

Banks have refused to accept foreign notes ages ago and the exchange booths are all closed down.

Changed some UK £ in Bangkok Bank Nathon months ago no problem at all