Mass COVID Testing to Start in Bangkok Communities

snoop1130

86233-1536x866-1.jpg

BANGKOK, July 14 (TNA) – Sixty-nine “COVID-19 Comprehensive Response Teams” will start mass COVID-19 testing in 69 communities of Bangkok tomorrow.

Dr Apisamai Srirangson, assistant spokesperson for the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration, said the mass testing teams would conduct active case finding as the capital had 130 clusters of COVID-19 cases.

The teams were assigned to complete mass testing in 200 communities in Bangkok within July 17.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-738657

tnalogo.jpg

31 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The teams were assigned to complete mass testing in 200 communities in Bangkok within July 17.

Complete a mass testing program in 3 days across 200 communities, I'm not sure this is could be classified as mass testing, perhaps a snapshot sample exercise would be a better phrase.

• Haha 2

I wonder if they're setting up testing centers for people to go to or going door to door inspecting houses/apartments so they don't miss anyone - you know, like they did in China?

I wouldn't let one of these people in at all, they've likely been exposed to COVID multiple times all day long and will be covered in it - there's no way they would step foot in here.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Complete a mass testing program in 3 days across 200 communities, I'm not sure this is could be classified as mass testing, perhaps a snapshot sample exercise would be a better phrase.

Snapshot, then photo-shopped then released to the public.

• Like 1

Why were there no cases a year ago?  No mass testing.
Implement mass testing?  They'll find mass cases.

Then what?  As radical as it sounds they should have just let it burn itself out like any seasonal flu.  Instead?  They have Forever Viruses and Their Variant Forever Cousins.

Philip K Dick on steroids.  It's here!