EU restricts travel from Thailand

webfact

29 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems everybody is allowed to travel (back) to their home country.

You can go back but various restrictions may be applied, depending whether you are vaccinated or coming from a "red" or 'amber" list country..but in most EU countries the worst that can happen is "self isolation" at home, you don't have to pay for expensive hotel quarantine and overpriced PCR tests.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The property in the UK that I will be moving into isnt available until the end of the month . 

I will have to do a ten day self quarantine anyway when I arrive back and I would have nowhere to stay if I went now.

Just check into a hotel, it's not that hard.

Just now, ukrules said:

Just check into a hotel, it's not that hard.

Kind of defeats the object of going back to the U.K two weeks  early to avoid potentially having to pay 1700 Quid for a quarantine hotel and then paying a similar amount in hotel fees .

May as well stay in Thailand and hope Thailand doesn't go into a red zone and therefore wont have to stay in any hotel at all 

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you have any inside info on that or is that just your uninformed opinion ?

(Not being rude, just now making plans to go to the UK )

I can speak for myself and several compatriots who had been weighing up the option, and can say that this has scuppered any plans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

And next week Thailand will probably go on the UK's red list, meaning compulsory hotel quarantine on arrival at your own expense (£1,750). That will be enough to kill the idea of returning home to get vaccinated for many people.

Indonesia and Burma have just gone on the UK red list.  I believe you are right that Thailand will join them very soon.  Without most of Europe and UK and China the sandboxes and the 120 reopening will be limited to tourists from SE Asia, the Middle East and the US. 

8 minutes ago, Almer said:

Repatriation and a claim for poverty and homeless, like millions of others have done

Claiming is one thing, getting is another. It really isn't as simple as many people seem to think.

5 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Indonesia and Burma have just gone on the UK red list.  I believe you are right that Thailand will join them very soon.  Without most of Europe and UK and China the sandboxes and the 120 reopening will be limited to tourists from SE Asia, the Middle East and the US. 

The U.K Gov makes changed every few weeks , as Thailand is still on amber , thats unlikely to change until the next meeting in a few weeks time 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, jojothai said:

"Travellers who have been vaccinated are permitted to enter the EU from any country."
One dose or Two ?

Some people may just want to get out of here.
But others may want to go to try and get vaccinated. This starts to close out that option.
Could the UK be next, and make it a red zone?
That may be fast approaching with the situation here getting worse the last week.

Should uk dump Thailand on red list .agg..bit of a bummer. Had planned if no jabs here to give it a try after my new extension in Aug/Sept but now "beggers belief":.Usually go via UAE .but since still Red L was now sussing at KLM but that looks a no go.....Just bought a new flat in Glasgow with a Tesco /nightclub on the ground floor so self isolation would be no problem..hic...however still positive.. lets see...

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

And next week Thailand will probably go on the UK's red list, meaning compulsory hotel quarantine on arrival at your own expense (£1,750). That will be enough to kill the idea of returning home to get vaccinated for many people.

any idea what happens if you return to Uk, then told you need to compulsory quarantine, but tell them you don't have the money ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rinrada said:

Should uk dump Thailand on red list .agg..bit of a bummer. Had planned if no jabs here to give it a try after my new extension in Aug/Sept but now "beggers belief":.Usually go via UAE .but since still Red L was now sussing at KLM but that looks a no go.....Just bought a new flat in Glasgow with a Tesco /nightclub on the ground floor so self isolation would be no problem..hic...however still positive.. lets see...

As far as I am aware , you can still transit though E.U Countries when arriving from Thailand and going to the U.K

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The U.K Gov makes changed every few weeks , as Thailand is still on amber , thats unlikely to change until the next meeting in a few weeks time 

To be precise, every 3 weeks. The next review is due on 5th August, and then again 26th August.

However, last two rounds have proved that some details were leaked to the media between 24 to 48 hours in advance for whatever reasons. So people could have some degree of certainty about the review on 4th August and 25th August. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

any idea what happens if you return to Uk, then told you need to compulsory quarantine, but tell them you don't have the money ?

Theoretically you have to show that you booked a red list quarantine package and test package in order to get on the plane.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Removal from the green list is based on a number of factors including the COVID-19 situation in the respective county, the progress of vaccinations, the intensitivity of testing and how reliable the local data is with regards to infections.

That's a slap in the face for Prayut, time to get your act together or pack-up and find another job.

14 minutes ago, Rinrada said:

????
See my other comment on KLM, the Netherlands list still shows Thailand on the safe countries list

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The other shoe has dropped, next up who knows, and are we dropping back into a worldwide shutdown again, well a semi shutdown.....ugly.

Another blow for the sand pit scheme.

18 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

it is is you dont have the money 

What if you are skint here and need to return back to UK ?

Good news for skint people needing hotel quarantine, UK.GOV has got your back;

"For those facing significant financial hardship as a result of this charge, there will be an opportunity to apply for a deferred repayment plan when booking. You will be required to pay back your debt to the government in 12 monthly instalments."

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jojothai said:

????
See my other comment on KLM, the Netherlands list still shows Thailand on the safe countries list

Yes I agree for the time being...and from Amsterdam direct to Glasgow...also still OK...fio...but obviously depends on what happens next...

If you’re not fully vaccinated, or arriving in Scotland before 4am on Monday 19 July

If you’ve been in an amber list country in the 10 days before travelling to Scotland and have not been fully vaccinated, you must:

On arrival in Scotland you must:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

What is the cost for managed hotel quarantine?

FIO...The cost of a Quarantine Managed hotel is Not cheap. The rate for 1 adult in 1 room for 10 days (11 nights) is currently £1,750. The additional rate for another adult (or child over 12) is £650 An additional day rate for those who Test Positive and need to continue isolating is first adult £152, additional adult (or child over 12) £41, and for children aged 5-12 it is £12.

For those Facing Significant Financial Hardship as a result of this charge, there will be an Opportunity to Apply for a Deferred Repayment plan when Booking. This is only available if you already receive income-related benefits, and you will be required to Pay back your Debt to the Government in 12 Monthly Instalments. For details on how to arrange a deferred payment, please see https://quarantinehotelbookings.ctmportal.co.uk/.

6 minutes ago, Rinrada said:

Yes I agree for the time being...and from Amsterdam direct to Glasgow...also still OK...fio...but obviously depends on what happens next...

If you’re not fully vaccinated, or arriving in Scotland before 4am on Monday 19 July

If you’ve been in an amber list country in the 10 days before travelling to Scotland and have not been fully vaccinated, you must:

And so it begins, slowly but surely this type of action will spread from country to country, in order to alleviate Covid from spreading.  Thailand thought they had the edge on ASQ style quarantines on arrival, well it looks like it has spread and will continue.  Get where you need to go soon or else prepare to stay put for awhile it does appear. Just my opinion, but I see it on the horizon.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

That's a slap in the face for Prayut, time to get your act together or pack-up and find another job.

Submarine driver comes to mind, with the little fatty Prawit running the periscope.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rinrada said:

Basically the same as England. But for those vaccinated check what vaccines are accepted.