EU restricts travel from Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I know this is only for in the EU approved vaccines. And as far as I know (I looked it up not long ago) Sinovac was not on the approved list!

Not just Sinovac, AZ when produced in Thailand is also unapproved

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

And next week Thailand will probably go on the UK's red list, meaning compulsory hotel quarantine on arrival at your own expense (£1,750). That will be enough to kill the idea of returning home to get vaccinated for many people.

Everyone genuinly afraid of covid took action already. They flew in and got their shots already. Whats left are just the spineless whiners. The eternal victims of 'the system'. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, samtam said:

Presumably KLM through Manchester may now not be possible, unless transit passengers are excluded from the restrictions.

Sorry, I meant KLM through Amsterdam to Manchester.

40 minutes ago, samtam said:

You can try a holiday rental, usually 1 week minimum, but some are flexible

https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/england/hom_sleeps_max.2/

or Google: holiday rentals uk

May be tight over the summer, but you can go from cheap to top of the range, depending on how much you want to spend.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The European Union member states have agreed to restrict travel from Thailand.

Does anyone know how that impacts people from the EU who are currently residing or visiting Thailand?  Are they stuck here? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samtam said:

Presumably KLM through Manchester may now not be possible, unless transit passengers are excluded from the restrictions.

Easy enough to rent a place, 

You can try a holiday rental, usually 1 week minimum, but some are flexible. 

It is not easy to rent a place short term. Except for the hotels, Airbnb is probably the only way, unless you know somebody.
Holiday rental costs have gone through the roof in the UK. That is being reported widely in the UK.
Too many people want to get away for a break in UK, and you are now into the main holiday season.

Very Good point about the transit. I checked the KLM site for advice and its not clear.
It refers you to government pages.
The govt pages have been updated recently. Anybody looking at this must check as best they can.
This is what I found quickly is below: Its clear that People need to fully check

"A European entry ban is in effect for some people, barring them from travelling from a high-risk area to the European Union or the Schengen area.

You may only transit in the Netherlands if:

- You are travelling from a safe country/region where the risk of contracting COVID-19 is low
- You will find a list of safe areas/countries in the  checklist for entering or returning to the Netherlands from abroad.

- You have been fully vaccinated, unless you are travelling from a country that has been designated as a very high-risk area due to the presence of a variant of concern
You will find a list of areas that have been designated as a very high-risk area due to the presence of a variant of concern in the  checklist for entering or returning to the Netherlands from abroad.

The purpose of your trip falls under one of the exemption categories:
- You are travelling through the Netherlands to a non-EU country. You must prove that you have a connecting flight to a country outside the Schengen area. The connecting flight must depart within 48 hours of your arrival in the Netherlands. - -You must not leave the airport’s international transit zone in this period.
- You are travelling to an EU country/Schengen area country via"

9 minutes ago, jojothai said:

It is not easy to rent a place short term. Except for the hotels, Airbnb is probably the only way, unless you know somebody.
Holiday rental costs have gone through the roof in the UK. That is being reported widely in the UK.
Too many people want to get away for a break in UK, and you are now into the main holiday season.

Very Good point about the transit. I checked the KLM site for advice and its not clear.
It refers you to government pages.
The govt pages have been updated recently. Anybody looking at this must check as best they can.
This is what I found quickly is below: Its clear that People need to fully check

"A European entry ban is in effect for some people, barring them from travelling from a high-risk area to the European Union or the Schengen area.

You may only transit in the Netherlands if:

- You are travelling from a safe country/region where the risk of contracting COVID-19 is low
- You will find a list of safe areas/countries in the  checklist for entering or returning to the Netherlands from abroad.

I looked at the safe list guidance for Netherlandss
https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/checklist-entry

At present Thailand is currently on the list of Safe countries/regions outside the EU/Schengen area

What about tourists returning from their Holiday in amazing Thailand..?

EDIT: Okay, I didn't read carefully enough to notice this:

Travellers who have been vaccinated are permitted to enter the EU from any country.

Edited by khunPer

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I know this is only for in the EU approved vaccines. And as far as I know (I looked it up not long ago) Sinovac was not on the approved list!

Neither is the Thai version of AstraZeneca!  The UK and US versions are ok however.

Edited by grandpa
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Wonder how China is doing with only their own vaccines to use

As chairman Mao discovered spending people isn't an issue (it costs nothing and there's a bottomless pit full of replacements)

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

And next week Thailand will probably go on the UK's red list, meaning compulsory hotel quarantine on arrival at your own expense (£1,750). That will be enough to kill the idea of returning home to get vaccinated for many people.

and even if vaccinated here in Thailand it won't make any difference

it'll probably take a few years to get technology in place that proves you've had a legitimate vaccine in Thailand

3 hours ago, smedly said:

not sure about that if they are fully vaccinated 

maybe someone could answer that

As far as i know only EU approved vaccinations. Sinovac n AZ not count. I might be wrong but that's what i have been told by German Embassy. 

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So people in the sandbox will have to isolate upon return to an EU country if they live there?

No if they are vaccinated. 

And everyone in sandbox is vaccinated. 

"Travellers who have been vaccinated are permitted to enter the EU from any country."

Edited by Espanol
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Espanol said:

No if they are vaccinated. 

And everyone in sandbox is vaccinated. 

they will have to self isolate but can be released if they test Negative at the 5 day point according to the German Foreign Office

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

not sure about that if they are fully vaccinated 

maybe someone could answer that

It states quite clearly that fully vaccinated people are allowed entry to the EU. People who entered Thailand for the Phuket sandbox had to be fully vaccinated. It therefore follows that such people will have no difficulty to return to their homes in the EU countries.