EU restricts travel from Thailand

webfact

9 hours ago, Guderian said:

And next week Thailand will probably go on the UK's red list, meaning compulsory hotel quarantine on arrival at your own expense (£1,750). That will be enough to kill the idea of returning home to get vaccinated for many people.

At this time Thailand is still on the UK amber list.

https://www.timeout.com/news/which-countries-are-on-the-amber-list-for-travel-to-the-uk-051121

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Guderian said:

And next week Thailand will probably go on the UK's red list, meaning compulsory hotel quarantine on arrival at your own expense (£1,750). That will be enough to kill the idea of returning home to get vaccinated for many people.

Pure supposition.

Loose lips sink ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

So test prior to flying and then 2 tests on arrival, diff dates 

The tests on day 2 and 8 are pre paid in the uk ?

But what if like him, he has no smart phone, or know how to book anything online . He books the flights using agents and pays cash .

Can pay back monthly the 1,750 ?  Wonder how much they can take from a basic pension of around 500 a month, of which, if he returns, would need benefits to get some housing and other things 

Voluntary quarantine , as in Home isolation for 14 days ? ( if it stays amber ) 

Thanks 

Yes negative covid test within 72hrs of departure.

A passenger locator form must be filled out and presented at check in.

It must include the booking reference number for the two day 2 and day 8 tests which you book and pay for before departure by picking a testing location near your home or choice of residence for the first 10 days, the gov website has a list of providers and cost location etc.

its a few hoops and yes without an online payment method rather problematic, in my case having a Thai debit card thats useless for online Uk payments.

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

So a bit like England getting into a football final then. 

Er..if you say so..But it's actually a formal warning by a government agency designed to let people plan ahead legally but resulted in some chaos when India and Pakistan were put on the red list. My understanding is that the English football team got into the football final by a process of competitive elimination by playing other teams. I hope my response clarifies how UK government travel advisory warnings differ from competitive sport. Perhaps you were trying to be amusing. You lack the talent, acuity of thought or basic language skills to succeed at humour I suspect. You would benefit from this insight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sapson said:

Yes negative covid test within 72hrs of departure.

A passenger locator form must be filled out and presented at check in.

It must include the booking reference number for the two day 2 and day 8 tests which you book and pay for before departure by picking a testing location near your home or choice of residence for the first 10 days, the gov website has a list of providers and cost location etc.

its a few hoops and yes without an online payment method rather problematic, in my case having a Thai debit card thats useless for online Uk payments.

Er sorry. Being classified as a red zone country indicates compulsory hotel quarantine upon arrival in UK. It's a game changer and very serious development I believe.

1 hour ago, Graemej100 said:

Pure supposition.

Loose lips sink ships.

I thought this supposition had now become fact today..But if not it is highly likely based on events here that like other countries with mass covid epidemic and no vaccination program Thailand will be red listed like Pakistan and India and other countries.

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Er sorry. Being classified as a red zone country indicates compulsory hotel quarantine upon arrival in UK. It's a game changer and very serious development I believe.

Er no need to be sorry! post was a response to a query re the current situation In the UK which is Thailand as an Amber list country, returnees not vaccinated must quarantine for ten days at a place of their choice.

Edited by sapson
  • Like 2

Off-topic post and reply removed.   This thread really has nothing to do with football.  As a matter of fact, it really doesn't have much to do with the UK unless you are still following EU regulations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Er..if you say so..But it's actually a formal warning by a government agency designed to let people plan ahead legally but resulted in some chaos when India and Pakistan were put on the red list. My understanding is that the English football team got into the football final by a process of competitive elimination by playing other teams. I hope my response clarifies how UK government travel advisory warnings differ from competitive sport. Perhaps you were trying to be amusing. You lack the talent, acuity of thought or basic language skills to succeed at humour I suspect. You would benefit from this insight.

Your response clarifies only one thing…

Edited by Bluespunk

55 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

This is about the E.U. who regard Thailand as a red zone 

The U.K still regards Thailand as an amber Country

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This is about the E.U. who regard Thailand as a red zone 

The U.K still regards Thailand as an amber Country

The  issue is utilizing different border crossings if and when any given state defines another state as a red zone. Thus savvy expats were flying via a red zone as defined by their target destination but rerouting to a European state that had not defined the POO as a red zone thus circumventing the red zone POO  definition. As more countries in Europe get classified as red by UK or Thailand get classified as red by UK the less chance there is of smoother travel avoiding compulsory UK hotel quarantine. The options shrink.  On a parallel thread about flights to UK to get a vaccination and return here the issues of which states could function as bridges arose.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The U.K isn't part of the E.U.

We don't have to do what they tell us to do anymore

But the UK is classififying some EU states as red so we can't use them to jump into the UK WHEN THE UK INEVITABLY CLASSIFIES THAILAND AS BEING A RED ZONE which is just a matter of time sooner rather than later. If Europe classifies THAILAND AS A RED ZONE we can't use Europe to access UK! What can't you grasp?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

But the UK is classififying some EU states as red so we can't use them to jump into the UK WHEN THE UK INEVITABLY CLASSIFIES THAILAND AS BEING A RED ZONE which is just a matter of time sooner rather than later. If Europe classifies THAILAND AS A RED ZONE we can't use Europe to access UK! What can't you grasp?

July 16, 20214:44 AM +07Last Updated 19 hours ago

British ministers consider putting France on travel red list -The Telegraph | Reuters

United Kingdom

British ministers consider putting France on travel red list -The Telegraph

Reuters

July 15 (Reuters) - British ministers are considering putting France on the travel red list over concerns related to the Beta variant of COVID-19, the Daily Telegraph newspaper reported, citing sources.

11 hours ago, James105 said:

The UK red list is only updated every 3 weeks and it was just updated yesterday with Thailand remaining on Amber.   Next update will probably be on about 5th August so I would be very surprised if they made an exception to this and stuck Thailand on the red list before the next review.   

I was going to post exactly this.

I am a bit worried, having a flight booked on 9th August. On the last changes to the red list they gave 6 days. This time thay gave four. In other words, the day I'm due to fly.

I held out until yesterday to book my Airbnb accommodation but I found one with free cancellation until the day before arrival; very unusual, but I'd hope I'll be staying there as it looks perfect for me and the owners are happy I'll be using it for self-isolation..

I'll keep an eye on what's going on.

It should be remembered that the measures travelling from Thailand are now subject to in the EU are almost the same as the UK amber list, so I'm hoping that things don't change.

4 hours ago, Joinaman said:

But if amber list ?

And not too sure how he would book the test package without smart phone and internet either 

He has a ticket to fly back, held by Emirates due to Covid , 

Test here would be ok prior to flying 

From either Amber list or Red list and for that matter Green list you have to fill a form online to declare you have not passed through a red country in last 10 days or travel. If you could not do it online you will be forbid from boarding. In that case you need to get someone to help you. 

When you log in British Airways to view your booking there will be a page of information coming up whether your flight is domestic or international:

Everyone entering England from overseas (including UK nationals and residents) must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of departure to England

Fill in your passenger locator form up to 48 hours before arrival. You must declare all countries you have visited or transited through in the 10 days prior to your arrival on your passenger locator form.

Before departure, check the list of red, amber, and green countries, as the list can change regularly.

Red list passengers

1. Book a quarantine hotel package
  2. Complete a passenger locator form

You can only enter if you are a British or Irish national, or you have residence rights in the UK. You must enter through a designated port and quarantine in a government-approved hotel for 10 days.

Amber list passengers

1. Book tests for day 2 and 8
  2. Complete a passenger locator form
  3. Make plans to self-quarantine in private accommodation for 10 full days after arrival (or full duration of stay if less than 10 days)

Green list passengers

1. Book a test for day 2
  2. Complete a passenger locator form

These measures apply to all persons (including UK nationals and residents) arriving in England from outside the Common Travel Area comprising the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. The British Overseas Territories are not in the Common Travel Area. Public health requirements may vary depending on the nation of the UK you’re staying in.

England
Northern Ireland
Scotland
Wales

Failure to comply with these measures is a criminal offence and you could be fined. There is a limited set of exemptions from these measures. Check the list of exemptions carefully. You may be fined if you fraudulently claim an exemption.

5 hours ago, gearbox said:

Incorrect:

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm

Certificates for WHO approved vaccines are accepted.

Sinovac not accepted.

You can see in you own link:

"Entry requirements for entry in Spain from third countries, you can only do so if you have a certificate of being fully vaccinated with an EMA/OMS authorized vaccine, and the last dose was administered more than 14 days ago"

"list of safety updates for COVID-19 vaccines, click on the links below:

Comirnaty Comirnaty: Safety updates
COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen: Safety updates
Spikevax Spikevax: Safety updates
Vaxzevria Vaxzevria: Safety updates

14 hours ago, smedly said:

I fully expected Thailand to go from amber to red in the UK a few days ago, very strange that is didn't 

If you are planning to go to the UK IMO you are running out of time - you better be quick or you could face an expensive quaratine in a hotel - something like 1800 quid 

And for 1800 quid, that's in a bog-standard Premier Inn with a view of the car park and no pool!.....????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Doesn't matter because not many Thai citizens have the money to go to EU these days. They can hardly survive in this economic condition.

It's usually EU people coming to Thailand.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The other shoe has dropped, next up who knows, and are we dropping back into a worldwide shutdown again, well a semi shutdown.....ugly.

Maybe not worldwide, only those countries who screwed it all up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Today 10082

Die 141

Thanks, I just received the same info from the GF.  She also indicated that it appears that stricter lockdown procedures including Chatuchak market being closed completely are moving forward.  This will more than likely affect all travel.

• Like 1