EU restricts travel from Thailand

webfact

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thanks, I just received the same info from the GF.  She also indicated that it appears that stricter lockdown procedures including Chatuchak market being closed completely are moving forward.  This will more than likely affect all travel.

I believe that happened previously ?

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Chatuchak market being closed completely are moving forward

My gf states same.

Any update I give her she know already.

What do they use? Facebook, social groups? Whatever they are always on the money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My gf states same.

Any update I give her she know already.

What do they use? Facebook, social groups? Whatever they are always on the money.

They are hard wired into the Hub of all Thailand.  The travel restrictions and lockdowns are what is driving this as well due to fears of spreading the virus from province to province as many of the proprietors travel to that location on the weekends to sell goods from their province.

You have to wonder how this will all play out on the global markets as travel now is being restricted not only here but as this OP states to the EU.  Big todo over certain vaccines either approved or not.  Waiting on a true and comprehensive list to be published on from WHO on vaccines and where they are produced, as apparently their is a difference based upon some posters comments herein.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2021 at 10:04 AM, Rookiescot said:

So people in the sandbox will have to isolate upon return to an EU country if they live there?

To enter Phuket people need to be fully vaccinated (there may be some exceptions, not sure).

So they don't need quarantane when returning to EU

• Like 1

(And seems it is decided very urgently & in a sudden  week-end mode...even if double jabbed ....France is of Amber list)

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-double-jabbed-arrivals-from-france-must-still-quarantine-despite-amber-list-rule-change-on-monday-says-health-department-12357429

COVID-19: Travellers frustrated at 'chaotic' government U-turn over France quarantine rules
People who have had both doses of a vaccine and children under 18 will be able to enjoy quarantine-free travel from amber list destinations from Monday - but France is now excluded.

Holidaymakers and industry groups have hit out at the late decision to make Britons quarantine for 10 days when they return from France.

From Monday, UK residents who have had two COVID jabs will no longer have to isolate after returning to England from amber list countries such as Spain, Portugal and Greece.

Sophie Morris
Political reporter @itssophiemorris

Saturday 17 July 2021 05:15, UK

Edited by david555

On 7/17/2021 at 1:44 AM, NanLaew said:

Indonesia and Myanmar go from amber to red next Monday.

I would say it's only a matter of time before Thailand and Malaysia joins them.

I have been saying that to my family in UK and don't think I will get there this year.

I am not prepared to do quarantine possibly at two ends!

• Like 1

Hello. I called this morning the Belgium Embassy in Bangkok. The information seems not be correct. Thai people are still allowed to go to Belgium, part of the Schengen. Only the rules will change. Thai resident people need a Test PCR before travelling and have to do a quarantine of 10 days. On day 1 and day 7, have to do again a PCR test. When the second PCR test is negative, the person can stop his quarantine.

Edited by Bart68
  • Like 2