Vaccinations available for Australian nationals in Thailand

webfact

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It is not being done at the same place......

Yes, you are correct, and I was wrong to infer they'd use the existing facility.

That said, my concern was less location-based, and more humanitarian-based.

29 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

The UK governments response to do the same is basically met with the response that the NHS does not treat people outside the UK.  But it would seem that they did send vaccine to Australia back in April which again is contradictory and a damn lie again.  

Exactly, but they are quite happy to accept my taxes i still pay to the UK to fund the NHS.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

As I previously stated.....why weren't Australian Permanent Residents invited to participate in this roll out? Australian Permanent Residents are residents of Australia, pay taxes in Australia on all applicable income until retirement age, when they then become eligible for the Australian Aged Pension and they also pay and participate fully in the Australian Medicare Scheme (Australian Health Scheme) whilst employed. The Australian Embassy has discriminated against their own Permanent Residents by not including them in the roll out. 

When they say Aust Nationals do they only mean citizens? If so, they should at least make this clear. I agree, Aust doesn't treat it's permanent residents well. With some deported or refused entry despite never being charged with a crime.

3 minutes ago, Smithson said:

When they say Aust Nationals do they only mean citizens? If so, they should at least make this clear. I agree, Aust doesn't treat it's permanent residents well. With some deported or refused entry despite never being charged with a crime.

I needed my passport details to register so probably yes

2 hours ago, pegman said:

Likely shamed into doing it because of that stupid Embassy joke post. Be nice if more countries did this for their nationals.

Maybe the French nationals getting taken care of too may have played a part?

• Like 2

I have registered approximately 40 minutes ago and now I’m questioning why I have done so. I have just read this article which relates to the Astrazeneca vaccine. I am aged 54 and this article indicates that you should be over 60 to receive this vaccine. Begs the question of whether I should turn up or not????????????????????????????

13F6A7B3-81F3-4A0F-806F-AD98B6B84E01.png

2 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

The US Embassy is right behind.....far, far, far, far behind. So far you can't even see.

Close the US Embassy here...complete waste of money.

Just got the same email from US Embassy. Just like the others, supplies are limited and have to register and get appointment.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

It's not compulsory.

And going to bangkok on short notice won't suit everyone.

Just gets yours where you live.

Easier said than done. Presently it is practically. Impossible to get the AZ vaccine in most provinces. Where can one get this vaccine?

Congratulations to Australians in Bangkok.

"This opportunity is available in Bangkok this Sunday only. You will need to make your own travel arrangements. We do not know if there will be other opportunities in other locations." 

All others can go jump!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1