Vaccinations available for Australian nationals in Thailand

webfact

COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity for Americans - July 18, 2021
Thank you for your interest. The numbers of available COVID-19 doses has been exceeded. If additional spots open, this page will reopen.
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Saltire said:

This is all just smoke and mirrors to pretend they, the various embassies and the Thai government, are doing something good for their citizens. I bet the 'limited' number will be very low, in the hundreds, but the events unfolding will make good PR.

Good luck to all who manage to get jabbed, but I for one have no intention of visiting the covid epicenter from afar. Go for a vaccine, come back with covid, not to mention the impending provincial travel restrictions.

Thanks but no thanks.

COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity for Americans - July 18, 2021
Thank you for your interest. The numbers of available COVID-19 doses has been exceeded. If additional spots open, this page will reopen.

3 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Need a pommie to do the same now, Have a winge to get the uk government to step up.

No chance. Their stance is that the NHS does not operate outside the UK and will not send vaccine anywhere. A little bit a research back in April they sent vaccine to Australia quietly through the back door.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

that leaves 2h 15 minutes to wake up, have a breakfast and log to forum, to find out, that deadline is missing.

And for those lucky registered but living away from bangkok, it means to start their journey tomorrow at 4am, in order to arrive at 1pm and rush back home before 9pm curfew.

How hundreds, possibly thousands, can be vaccinated at 1pm at the same location?

How they suppose distance themselves from the crowd?

Kiwis are at 9am...so they can vaccinate a lot of people before 1pm.

2 hours ago, irishman25 said:

Well done Australia stepping forward to help your people every country should now do the same you all know the reason look what is happening  

From the OP, emphasis added: "The Thai Government is offering Australians the opportunity to be vaccinated with AstraZeneca"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davemos said:

I have a uk passport but im also a permanent resident in Aus . Would i qualify and how would i register ? I have luved in Aus since 1963

Thats a complicated question, and doubtful anyone on this forum would be able to help. Contact the Embassy

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I registered for what it's worth. Most likely very little.

When you register you don't get a confirmation.

It's more that they will contact you back "if your successful'. They mention 'limited supply's.

My guess will be the Thai gov has set aside X amount and that will be very limited. 

BTW can't see staff sending out emails later today. Saturday!

They send an sms I believe. 

2 hours ago, irishman25 said:

Well done Australia stepping forward to help your people every country should now do the same you all know the reason look what is happening  

If every embassy will do the same i am sure we will all be kicked out very soon do to the loss of face for the Thai people because then we will be fully vaccinated with the good stuff before all the Thai .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

If every embassy will do the same i am sure we will all be kicked out very soon do to the loss of face for the Thai people because then we will be fully vaccinated with the good stuff before all the Thai .

This isn't the "good stuff," it's AZ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

Easier said than done. Presently it is practically. Impossible to get the AZ vaccine in most provinces. Where can one get this vaccine?

If you look at my post, I was replying to the poster who said he could get the vaccine where he lives, not in Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smithson said:

When they say Aust Nationals do they only mean citizens? If so, they should at least make this clear. I agree, Aust doesn't treat it's permanent residents well. With some deported or refused entry despite never being charged with a crime.

The registration states Australian Citizen and the enrolment  for the vaccine requires an Australian Passport Number. I have been an Australian Permanent Resident for close on 50 years (immigrated in 1972 under the £10 pom scheme with my parents) and thereafter educated to Uni level and then worked and paid my taxes in Australia since that time until I moved to Thailand in 2013. I was just a bit suprised that permanent residents had been ignored.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

This is all just smoke and mirrors to pretend they, the various embassies and the Thai government, are doing something good for their citizens. I bet the 'limited' number will be very low, in the hundreds, but the events unfolding will make good PR.

Good luck to all who manage to get jabbed, but I for one have no intention of visiting the covid epicenter from afar. Go for a vaccine, come back with covid, not to mention the impending provincial travel restrictions.

Thanks but no thanks.

Agreed,a great photo opportunity I imagine as Thailand will be seen to be processing foreigners with love and compassion. Anutin will probably be there handing out freebies like face masks as well to the filthy unwashed farang.

1 hour ago, jack7106 said:

I have registered approximately 40 minutes ago and now I’m questioning why I have done so. I have just read this article which relates to the Astrazeneca vaccine. I am aged 54 and this article indicates that you should be over 60 to receive this vaccine. Begs the question of whether I should turn up or not????????????????????????????

13F6A7B3-81F3-4A0F-806F-AD98B6B84E01.png

Dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davemos said:

I have a uk passport but im also a permanent resident in Aus . Would i qualify and how would i register ? I have luved in Aus since 1963

The registration step requires an Australian Passport Number, so if you want a vaccine you would need to ask the Embassy what the situation is with Permanent Residents. I 'm in the same situation, I have lived in Australia since 1972 and paid my taxes in full but for this event not eligible because I'm not naturalized and have a UK passport. I'm heading to the UK in a few months so will apply for an NHS number and try for vaccination there. 

35 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Kiwis are at 9am...so they can vaccinate a lot of people before 1pm.

possibly there is an 1h slot from 8am for the whole day for many different countries.

The american embassy just send almost identical mailing.

That might be only some 200 jabs per hour, taking into consideration that fully prepared clinics are doing some 2k per day. 

This whole premise is you don’t register within three hours you don’t qualify for a jab…

the program should be based on whomever wants it will get it…you allow people to sign up in multiple ways…at the end of a prolonged sign up period, then it it is up to negotiators to secure the desired doses plus 15%….

the whole notion currently is use the fear factor of a limited supply to make registration the godsend not what matters only is how many people want it and meet that demand with sufficient supply…

count noses not various registrations with elaborate hoop jumping….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

So why would I fly all the way to Bangkok and risk 14 days in a hotel than fly home and risk another 14 days for a AZ vaccine, when I could get the AZ vaccine here.

Astra quoted as saying the risks outweigh the benefits, for bad reactions.

This may not apply to travelling through a pandemic of thousands of people to get a jab and risk becoming infected b4 you get there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

So why would I fly all the way to Bangkok and risk 14 days in a hotel than fly home and risk another 14 days for a AZ vaccine, when I could get the AZ vaccine here.

You wouldnt would you.........feel better now?

41 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

The registration states Australian Citizen and the enrolment  for the vaccine requires an Australian Passport Number. I have been an Australian Permanent Resident for close on 50 years (immigrated in 1972 under the £10 pom scheme with my parents) and thereafter educated to Uni level and then worked and paid my taxes in Australia since that time until I moved to Thailand in 2013. I was just a bit suprised that permanent residents had been ignored.

I agree Australia doesn't treat it's permanent residents well. Are you able to apply for citizenship and if so why don't you? I'm genuinely interested. There have been a few cases of residents being deported without even a criminal record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Asquith Production said:

At least the US sent some vaccine to farangs.

BIG DEAL!!! That's just the U.S. government virtue signalling. The fact that it ignored its own expatriate citizens while sending vaccines to foreigners is compelling evidence that it lacks true virtuousness.

• Like 2