Vaccinations available for Australian nationals in Thailand

webfact

4 minutes ago, rbkk said:

The British have not had an invite it seems. Who is making their point here? The Thai Govt. or the British Embassy? or a third hand.....?

Perhaps the British are getting ready to do their own version of the vaccination model used by France and China. 

5 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

The US Embassy is right behind.....far, far, far, far behind. So far you can't even see.

Close the US Embassy here...complete waste of money.

US Embassy must have read your post. At 8:27 AM I received their message about this same "opportunity".

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

Perhaps, but I haven't seen that announcement. Could you back up your statement about tomorrow's vaccines with a link for us all.Thanks!

No problem, this is copied directly from the Email:

Event: COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity for U.S. Citizens - July 17, 2021

The Thai Government has informed the U.S. Embassy that it is offering U.S. citizens in Thailand the opportunity to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine at 4 p.m. this Sunday July 18, 2021 at SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue area of Bangkok. (See location map here:  https://goo.gl/maps/dFRM8oycooZTtQJW8).

IMPORTANT: Doses are limited. Those who are successful obtaining an appointment will be contacted. If you do not receive a return email verifying your appointment, assume all appointments have been filled.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, berrec said:

Firstly, good initiative but could it have not been organized with a more incremental program.

There seems to be the bums rush to pack in as many recipients in as possible until the vaccine runs out.

Why not do it in lot allocations of small groups at a time, set aside the vaccine doses and pre-allocate them.

That would limit large gatherings, an orderly application of the vaccine and validate who is in and who is out from the pre-registration and current registration scramble process.  

Seems a little of a shotgun operation from my view point!

The idea is to make it hard to get so they can redirect the unclaimed doses.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Last night?  Hmmm. Makes me wonder if all these countries are drawing the vaccination of their nationals out of the same pot on a first come, first serve basis. In other words, no separate allotments for Canadians, Irish, Australians, or Americans.  And as the US was the last country to notify its citizens this morning, that would mean they had virtually no chance of getting any vaccine. If this is the case.  So much lack of clarity and operational transparency here makes me suspicious.

Got the email at 7pm as stated, registered by 7.05pm and received an automated reply that I will only be notified if successful, and not until 8pm tonight, Saturday the 17th 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

The US Embassy is right behind.....far, far, far, far behind. So far you can't even see.

Close the US Embassy here...complete waste of money.

American emb sent out the same thing last night.

53 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

That axe of yours should be pretty sharp by now.

Plenty of people complaining about their and other governments. I'm Australian and they're also doing poorly.

Rather than being so sensitive you could direct your criticism to the US government, if you're unhappy that is.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Really, maybe some of these folks actually live in Bkk, even close to the SCG site?

Going to Bangkok is different from living in Bangkok . 

Travelling to Bangkok is maybe easier for you to understand 

25 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

No problem, this is copied directly from the Email:

Event: COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity for U.S. Citizens - July 17, 2021

The Thai Government has informed the U.S. Embassy that it is offering U.S. citizens in Thailand the opportunity to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine at 4 p.m. this Sunday July 18, 2021 at SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue area of Bangkok. (See location map here:  https://goo.gl/maps/dFRM8oycooZTtQJW8).

IMPORTANT: Doses are limited. Those who are successful obtaining an appointment will be contacted. If you do not receive a return email verifying your appointment, assume all appointments have been filled.

Thanks, but I think you have missed my point. Where is this Astra Zenecca vaccine coming from? is it Thailand (Siam Biosciences- not approved for use in EU vaccine passports as yet.) or part of the Japanese donation of their unwanted vaccines (original manufacture -I don't know)? Where is the Pfizer donation? Is this AZ vaccine a replacement because the Pfizer doses have been hijaked? How many vaccines are being offered in total? A lot of smoke and mirrors in play here.

Edited by rbkk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

His location says USA, they think their time is Universal. 

Well, then, in that case, I'll address this to @pmarlin as well: Did the US embassy notify people in Thailand last night of this vaccination offer? This is an important question. If some US citizens were given a 13 hour advantage in registration because they are on some special list, then people at the embassy need to be fired right now. I'm enrolled in the US embassy STEP program and expect to have the same opportunities as every other American. There should be no special early warning for people on a select list. 

2 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

The registration states Australian Citizen and the enrolment  for the vaccine requires an Australian Passport Number. I have been an Australian Permanent Resident for close on 50 years (immigrated in 1972 under the £10 pom scheme with my parents) and thereafter educated to Uni level and then worked and paid my taxes in Australia since that time until I moved to Thailand in 2013. I was just a bit suprised that permanent residents had been ignored.

As a matter of interest, you lived most of your life in Australia and seem to regard Australia as your home base, what made you decide against becoming an Australian citizen and having the full benefits of citizenship?

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

Well, then, in that case, I'll address this to @pmarlin as well: Did the US embassy notify people in Thailand last night of this vaccination offer? This is an important question. If some US citizens were given a 13 hour advantage in registration because they are on some special list, then people at the embassy need to be fired right now. I'm enrolled in the US embassy STEP program and expect to have the same opportunities as every other American. There should be no special early warning for people on a select list. 

You think too mut.