Chonburi confirmed as 'dark red' maximum and strict control zone

Jonathan Fairfield

ASEAN NOW_breaking news 1200x630.png

Chonburi will be added to the list of 'dark red' or maximum and strict control zone in order to try and prevent further spread of COVID-19.

According to the Chonburi PR Facebook page, from Tuesday, Chonburi, including Pattaya, will be under further restrictive measures, which will include limiting inter-provincial travel and gatherings in public places. 

People will also be asked to remain indoors between 9pm and 4am.

The measures will be in effect for at least 14 days. 

This is a developing story, this post will be updated without warning.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-18

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

• Sad 3

There has been no announcement of which provinces will become dark red, in addition to the current ten. The articles in certain expat media are based on a misunderstanding in the English version of the Presser on Friday. I follow both the Thai and English versions, so I know. The Chonburi PR post from Tuesday (which I am unable to locate) will say nothing about the Central Government's classification of zones, because it is before the facts. Scandinavians (or people with Google Translate) can read about this here https://www.thailandstidende.com/component/k2/item/4447-feil-informasjon-om-kategorisering-av-provinser

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1

You know the world has transported itself to destination effed when you google "The end is nigh" expecting to see links to catastrophes of Biblical proportions, but learn to your amazement that apparently it is actually a computer game.

Back on topic - for Pattaya specifically and greater Thailand at large, the end is indeed nigh......and I ain't talkin' about Nintendo.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

According to the Chonburi PR Facebook page, from Tuesday, Chonburi, including Pattaya, will be under further restrictive measures, which will include limiting inter-provincial travel and gatherings in public places

So if i travel from Nakhon Ratchasima to Pattaya on Monday (tomorrow) there are no inter-provincial travel restrictions.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Don't worry. On September 1st everything will be okay. Then Pattaya will be open again according to the local government. Perhaps a sandbox with bubbles. Bubbles could be Walking Street, LK Metro, Soi Buakhao, Tree Town and Soi 6. Special bubble taxis could bring you from bubble to bubble for a special rate. 

Ha good one looking forward to it.

I assume they will be vaccinated taxis?

I wish they would use the 24 hour clock and forget about ante meridiem and post meridiem. I dunno if i'm supposed to stay home from 0900 to 1600, or from 2100 to 0400. 

I suspect the cars-cov-2 virus is equally confused and won't know when to go to bed or when to go out doing what it does.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, rick44 said:

There has been no announcement of which provinces will become dark red, in addition to the current ten. The articles in certain expat media are based on a misunderstanding in the English version of the Presser on Friday. I follow both the Thai and English versions, so I know. The Chonburi PR post from Tuesday (which I am unable to locate) will say nothing about the Central Government's classification of zones, because it is before the facts. Scandinavians (or people with Google Translate) can read about this here https://www.thailandstidende.com/component/k2/item/4447-feil-informasjon-om-kategorisering-av-provinser

what on gods earth are going on about

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rick44 said:

The articles in certain expat media are based on a misunderstanding in the English version of the Presser on Friday.

Yes they showed a map of new infections with >100 = dark red.

But not the new zoning.

This was misunderstood.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

(knitted with a hot needle :whistling:)

Bad news for many.

Good news for me. Yesterday Udon Thani was shown dark red. Could hardly believe it.

Yes, that was the misunderstanding. It made no sense that Ubon and Surin would become dark red, while Sisaket in the middle remained orange...

5 minutes ago, rick44 said:

Yes, that was the misunderstanding. It made no sense that Ubon and Surin would become dark red, while Sisaket in the middle remained orange...

Wasn't the trigger based on daily new infections?

• Like 1

So they order us to stay 24 hours inside ...., no food shopping time ...? Even no short 7/11 visit ? Expect those (......Bunch ) us to no eat anymore or must we go 1 day supply at 19 July ?

Typical Thai no planning ahead 

• Confused 3

35 minutes ago, smedly said:

nope

This shows the word  ORDER & changing "voluntary " to "HARD curfew"

"The government on Sunday designated Chonburi (Pattaya) a coronavirus “deep red” maximum-control zone, changing a voluntary stay-at-home order into a hard curfew with orders for everyone to remain indoors, even during the day. "

Edited by david555
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

I wish they would use the 24 hour clock and forget about ante meridiem and post meridiem. I dunno if i'm supposed to stay home from 0900 to 1600, or from 2100 to 0400. 

I suspect the cars-cov-2 virus is equally confused and won't know when to go to bed or when to go out doing what it does.

yeah. That virus works on the clock.  It really is silly what they think a night curfew does, when during the day, millions gather at all the outdoor markets, bazaars, etc. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, david555 said:

This shows the word  ORDER & changing "voluntary " to "HARD curfew"

"The government on Sunday designated Chonburi (Pattaya) a coronavirus “deep red” maximum-control zone, changing a voluntary stay-at-home order into a hard curfew with orders for everyone to remain indoors, even during the day. "

the curfew is time limited, you can go out for shopping etc

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

the curfew is time limited, you can go out for shopping etc

I hope you are right, but nowhere are  the shopping or day time curfew hours to find .

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/chonburi-now-deep-red-curfew-travel-restrictions-begin-tuesday-363896

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

People will also be asked to remain indoors between 9pm and 4am.

I've read it's a mandatory general lockdown, with no one allowed outdoors at any time unless it's for an essential activity, e.g., grocery shopping, pharmacy run, or going to/from a hospital or medical appointment. Similar to the lockdown for 3 months early last year. 

Stay safe everyone in Pattaya. 

• Like 1

Just now, smedly said:

there is no day time curfew that is why you cannot find anything 

there is a night time curfew 

people are advised to stay at home during the day unless for essential stuff like shopping bank medical etc - that is why those places remain open during the day 

now I am done with this - if you are not getting it now you never will

Exactly , but that line say different 

changing a voluntary stay-at-home order into a hard curfew with orders for everyone to remain indoors, even during the day. "
is from  the article .....

I think you are right in how it should be  but the line from article shows clear a HARD change .

anyway lets just wait to see , i wait the result Guiney pigs go shopping day time ...????

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I've read it's a mandatory general lockdown, with no one allowed outdoors at any time unless it's for an essential activity, e.g., grocery shopping, pharmacy run, or going to/from a hospital or medical appointment. Similar to the lockdown for 3 months early last year. 

That is how it should be written ????

• Like 1

I was in Pataya last year during the lockdown lockdown, you could still move around in daytime, walk, shop, go places outside pattaya if you needed. I suspect beaches and massage will close again. Currently in Hua Hin myself and will move to pattaya on the 20th, how crazy convenient. Would love not to come but the house i am building there is nearly ready. 

Hope stuff like home pro and index will still be open.

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I don't think that's right.  You can leave home for "necessary" reasons, which obviously include the reasons you've listed but also include buying takeaway food from restaurants/street-food, work (if you can't work from home) and things like car repairs, fuel, post office and visiting Immigration.  

• Like 2