Chonburi confirmed as 'dark red' maximum and strict control zone

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I don't think that's right.  You can leave home for "necessary" reasons, which obviously include the reasons you've listed but also include buying takeaway food from restaurants/street-food, work (if you can't work from home) and things like car repairs, fuel, post office and visiting Immigration.  

I would agree with those too...my list wasn't meant to be comprehensive ("e.g." means "for example"). However, it wouldn't surprise me if they made restaurant meals delivery only.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

What about going home, is that considered "necessary" lol ?

I would say yes, but I'm not in charge.   Travelling by inter-provincial public transport can, and seems like it will, be stopped, but I doubt they can easily prevent people travelling by car.  The road blocks during the last lock-down annoyed local people so much they were soon stopped.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I would say yes, but I'm not in charge.   Travelling by inter-provincial public transport can, and seems like it will, be stopped, but I doubt they can easily prevent people travelling by car.  The road blocks during the last lock-down annoyed local people so much they were soon stopped.

I'll let you know how i get on after travelling back from Pattaya on Tuesday morning, i'm not expecting any problems but you never really know what to expect here in Thailand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I'll let you know how i get on after travelling back from Pattaya on Tuesday morning, i'm not expecting any problems but you never really know what to expect here in Thailand.

Cheers! I'm planning on driving from Bangkok down to Rayong, and back, to collect my family later this week or at the weekend.  It's motorway all the way except for the final 5 kms, so I don't really expect any problems.  But I'll be monitoring the situation.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That and the fact those doing the blocks tested Covid positive in the last Pattaya case. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, david555 said:

So they order us to stay 24 hours inside ...., no food shopping time ...? Even no short 7/11 visit ? Expect those (......Bunch ) us to no eat anymore or must we go 1 day supply at 19 July ?

Typical Thai no planning ahead 

Stay inside from 9pm-4am?

How is that 24 hours?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Don't worry. On September 1st everything will be okay. Then Pattaya will be open again according to the local government. Perhaps a sandbox with bubbles. Bubbles could be Walking Street, LK Metro, Soi Buakhao, Tree Town and Soi 6. Special bubble taxis could bring you from bubble to bubble for a special rate. 

So long as there's bubble tea, it's ok with me. Mmmmm, bubble tea!

23 hours ago, rick44 said:

Yes, that was the misunderstanding. It made no sense that Ubon and Surin would become dark red, while Sisaket in the middle remained orange...

Have you been to sisaket?  Nothing there not even its own airport. I lived there 12 years. Would drive the hour to Ubon To have “fun. “

8 hours ago, GeorgeEboy said:

Thailand is a good 2 years away from fully reopening. That is if the world is t hit by more variants because you know countries like Thailand will be the last to react correctly.

Thailand is transfixed on COVID yet the number of road deaths and flu are not mentioned. Add in suicides and levels of deep depresiion because of economic hardship.  Case numbers are high (as well was worldwide) but 99.9% carried on a normal life afterwards. 3000 covid deaths out of 65.000.000 in Thailand.  Thais wont survive another 2 years waiting 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

Thailand is transfixed on COVID yet the number of road deaths and flu are not mentioned. Add in suicides and levels of deep depresiion because of economic hardship.  Case numbers are high (as well was worldwide) but 99.9% carried on a normal life afterwards. 3000 covid deaths out of 65.000.000 in Thailand.  Thais wont survive another 2 years waiting 

The population of Thailand is now very near 70 million. Daily deaths of all causes runs close to 1500 souls per day (averaged over the year). If the daily deaths from covid are averaging close to 100 per day, that's quite a big percentage of average daily deaths. I suppose the important question is whether people are dying OF covid, or WITH covid. We'll never know.

Edited by JensenZ

On 7/18/2021 at 2:03 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Even after Tuesday you can travel between provinces if your trip is "necessary".

Is visiting temples considered necessary, or walking in the park or along the beach for exercise?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JensenZ said:

The population of Thailand is now very near 70 million. Daily deaths of all causes runs close to 1500 souls per day (averaged over the year). If the daily deaths from covid are averaging close to 100 per day, that's quite a big percentage of average daily deaths. I suppose the important question is whether people are dying OF covid, or WITH covid. We'll never know.

You are dancing around the Denier lie of the fatality numbers not being real.

We can see from excess mortality numbers that many more people died of something over the last year than usual. Even in countries with advanced medicine, there seems to be a huge undercount of Covid fatalities, ie people who passed away before testing positive for Covid.

you could argue that the excess fatalities were due to something else, so I invite you to inform us what that something else is.

As for Thailand, Covid fatalities are diagnosed by a medical professional. I invite you to explain to the medical examiner why they are wrong.

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not that canard again.

The much more relevant question is how big is the UNDERCOUNT.

What canard did I offer? What question did I ask?

Please pay attention to what you read to avoid unnecessary debate. When replying, try to understand what you're responding to.

The population of Thailand and daily death rate of all causes is no "canard". It's statistical facts based on latest estimates.

Regarding your irrelevant question. UNDERCOUNT of what?

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

“They died with Covid”.

And how is that a rumour? They tested positive for covid-19 and died. I have an old friend who is dying from cancer. He has weeks or months to live. He is very close. If he caught covid-19, would he die from covid, or with covid-19. I'm sure covid might shorten his life by months or weeks, but it is fair to consider he is a covid-19 fatality when he's already close to death? He's already nearly died from pneumonia not long ago and has given the doctors instructions not be revived if he falls unconscious again.