Chonburi confirmed as 'dark red' maximum and strict control zone

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, JensenZ said:

And how is that a rumour? They tested positive for covid-19 and died. I have an old friend who is dying from cancer. He has weeks or months to live. He is very close. If he caught covid-19, would he die from covid, or with covid-19. I'm sure covid might shorten his life by months or weeks, but it is fair to consider he is a covid-19 fatality when he's already close to death? He's already nearly died from pneumonia not long ago and has given the doctors instructions not be revived if he falls unconscious again.

Medical examiners are responsible for determining cause of death. They are well trained, and quite good at what they do.

They know far better than you what is the primary cause of death.

More to the point, they understand the difference between a chronic condition and acute illness, which is a big mystery to you.

You still cannot explain the massive rise in excess mortality over the last year, preferring to whine instead.

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Left Pattaya at 5am on Tuesday and the only checkpoint i encountered was at Kabin Buri where they checked our temp which was ok, on you go Sir.....

Kabin Buri..... surprised he didn't switch the sensor to Fahrenheit and tell you that was the fine required to pay!

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2021 at 7:06 AM, mahjongguy said:

Worldwide, 2% of the patients have died, so not such a normal life for them.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=covid+death+rate

In Thailand the death rate has been a lot lower because initially there were sufficient medical personnel and ICU beds. Now the hospitals are full, the respirators are all in use, patients are sleeping outdoors in tents. The death rate is poised to rocket. What formula do you use to calculate the economic value of each death that might be avoided by social and travel controls?   

I'm old and fairly useless in a lot of ways but my pension feeds a Thai family or two. If throwing open the gates to Funtown fuels the fires of this epidemic and I end up cremated, who wins? 

No one or government should ever play down a Pandemic as our former leaders did. Doing too much will only waste money, doing too little waste lives.