Self isolating, but still have to run the gauntlet at Immigration.

giddyup

On 7/18/2021 at 6:33 PM, Rimmer said:

Dont know if the gods were pleased with me but every traffic light from Ban Ampur on the way to the bank and again to Immigration were all green as well

On days like this , go and buy lottery tickets immediately .

It's not that hard.

Use the QueQ app to set up an appointment (takes like 2 minutes or less on your phone). 
Pick a mid-week date and mid-morning or afternoon time for the appointment to avoid the lines you see first thing in the morning and right after lunch. You show up at Immigration a few minutes before your appointment time and sit outside (on the chairs on the right side of the parking lot) until your number is called (or have the appointment opened on your phone and go in through the Exit door a couple of minutes before the appointed time and show it to the person at the front counter). (If you arrive early and try to enter well before your appointment time they may (or will) turn you away, depending on who is "guarding" the Exit door.)

(When I did my last extension, I didn't hear my number being called on the PA for some reason so I went through the Exit door and showed the appt on the app to the girl at the counter, she asked for my passport then gave me an queue number and I only had 1 person in front of me when I got to desk 8.)

Have all your paperwork in order before you go. Every frikken time I go there I see people showing up with little or no paperwork, then trying to get the IO to fill it all out for them, only to be sent off to make all the photocopies or get their bank book updated or whatever.
I'm usually done within 5 minutes of my number being called because I generally have everything already filled in, photocopied and signed before I leave the house.

Getting the bank letter and updating your bank book once a year is less risky than your frequent trips to the local 7-11 and grocery store.

Do everything right and you could be in/out of Immigration in 15 minutes (or less). Less time mingling with the unwashed masses of soap dodgers than you do when shopping at (wherever) or sitting in your favourite bar drinking coffee and watching "footie" matches.

And no, Immigration isn't about to suddenly decide to waive all Visa/Extension/90 Day report/(other matters) because a couple people think it's not safe. 
I'm surprised that hasn't been suggested yet, though I suspect a lot of people want (hope) they will and not because they are worried about covid.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 3:02 PM, couchpotato said:

If you are in Pattaya, yes they will for most immigration requirements. One agent who will do this has their office on Soi Chaiyapruek (on left side just up from Jomtien beach Rd).  VIP maybe?

I believe you are referring to Tik Tok Services. https://tiktokservicesthailand.com/

They advertise door to door service

Giddyup--I agree. Like you I don't get out much as my wife is very strict about precautions to prevent infections. But I still had to go to Jomtien Immigration to show my 90 day bank statement this week. I did my 90 report at the same time, All very efficient. In and out in ten minutes, but still having to mingle with others. Why is it necessary to show this statement? If you don't stick to the rules you won't get your visa renewed when it expires. The less said about the ridiculous 90 day reporting the better. Stay at home??????????

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 10:51 AM, giddyup said:

Not only does this require a trip to the bank for the letter, a visit to the photocopy shop for all the paperwork, followed by two visits to Immigration, one to submit the paperwork, and another to pick up my passport. God knows how many people I come in contact with during this, and social distancing, fergeddaboudit

Bit of a postcode lottery and an assessment only you can make.

I did mine the week before last. Nobody in the photocopy shop, only the girl that runs it. Very few in the bank and staff masked up behind screens. Very few at immigration and mainly for the marriage desk. Those waiting were sat outside and called in when their number came up. I sat inside in the corner and no one spoke to me, only to my wife from behind the screen. I had to approach the screen and drop my mask for the photo and then we were gone. My wife was told I don't need to go back, that she can do it. One guy came for the home visit which took about 5 minutes and he was very careful.

For me it would be more of a risk going to the supermarket than doing the extension.

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

Even worse for marriage visa. Add on a couple of hours at the local amphur to pick up a Kor Ror 2. What is worse for me is that I have to take my missus with me to immigration, possibly exposing her to the virus too. What's wrong with these people?

My wife went into the Amphur for the KR2 on her own, out in about 5 minutes.

We deliberately went about 11.30 as they are running down before lunch and hardly anyone there. Go early doors and always a queue.

34 minutes ago, keithkarmann said:

Last time I used an agent the total cost was 12000 baht now I do it myself in Sukhothai and it costs only 1900 baht.

That is fine.... but the 12.000 option has some well known advantages. I was responding to the OP.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 8:30 PM, ExpatDraco said:

No, they want the working class to not earn any money because of lockdowns why would they get paid? And to make matters worse, it isn't the working class that's targeted by Covid, but the elderly. Besides with their welfare income they can stay at home and be safe. Let the rest of the world do it's thing.

Just seemed like you were having a bad day and I was trying to lighten you up a bit. Carry on!

• Like 2

To the OP:

Getting Covid doesn't mean you are going to die. Of course, if you are already in ill health, all bets are off. But, try not to think like this. Take precautions, and try to eat well, exercise, and not stress yourself out. Good luck.

20 minutes ago, nightbird said:

To the OP:

Getting Covid doesn't mean you are going to die. Of course, if you are already in ill health, all bets are off. But, try not to think like this. Take precautions, and try to eat well, exercise, and not stress yourself out. Good luck.

There are exceptions to every rule, but it would be interesting to know how many 80 year olds survive Covid with no major ill effects. Same chances as a 30 year old? Me thinks not.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Bit of a postcode lottery and an assessment only you can make.

I did mine the week before last. Nobody in the photocopy shop, only the girl that runs it. Very few in the bank and staff masked up behind screens. Very few at immigration and mainly for the marriage desk. Those waiting were sat outside and called in when their number came up. I sat inside in the corner and no one spoke to me, only to my wife from behind the screen. I had to approach the screen and drop my mask for the photo and then we were gone. My wife was told I don't need to go back, that she can do it. One guy came for the home visit which took about 5 minutes and he was very careful.

For me it would be more of a risk going to the supermarket than doing the extension.

I went to pick up my passport yesterday as well as doing a 90 day report same time, and immigration was quite busy, this was around 2.30. There were 5 in front of me for the report, same as there were 5 before me when I did the extension. It's pretty much luck of the draw as to how busy it will be.

• Like 1

One would have thought after spending millions on their BMW Smart Cars linked to biometrics and the fact that in a lot of provinces they do a home visit anyway.....In Theory it is technically possible for them to issue an extension there and then, with all docs on hand, but that is forward thinking init 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

There are exceptions to every rule, but it would be interesting to know how many 80 year olds survive Covid with no major ill effects. Same chances as a 30 year old? Me thinks not.

I would like to know how many farangs have been infected by covid and succumbed to it in Thailand? I can't recall reading about any.

14 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

I would like to know how many farangs have been infected by covid and succumbed to it in Thailand? I can't recall reading about any.

I know it's not a pleasant way to die, so I'd prefer not to be the first. BTW, I don't think falangs are immune just because they don't name a nationality of the deceased.

Edited by giddyup

Just now, giddyup said:

I know it's not a pleasant way to die, so I'd prefer not to be the first.

Nor do I, but I don't lose any sleep over it. As my mother used to say. " Relax. You'll worry yourself to death." I think many may be going along that road. As Monty Python said in Life of Brian. 'Come on Brian, Look on the brightside." 

On 7/18/2021 at 12:51 PM, david555 said:

Same for me next month ret. ext.  , (and my own country send me on a mission to find some official to sign and stamp my yearly proof of life for my pension pay  ....) ????

Most lawyers in Thailand are authorized notaries so best to use them. In Pattaya visa agents are also notaries

1 minute ago, chilly07 said:

Most lawyers in Thailand are authorized notaries so best to use them. In Pattaya visa agents are also notaries

"visa agents are also notaries"????

"Self declared ones i guess" 

most of them????

unless the are lawyers ....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

I have already asked that question, I also asked if anyone knows, or has ever heard of any farang who has succumbed to the virus in Thailand. No one answered.

On 7/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, giddyup said:

Will they come to my house, pickup and then deliver my passport?

Maybe, you can ask, and offer a small premium, but they will limit the time and aggravation as well as personal contact.. I meet the requirements but it sure is a pleasure to have them pave and red carpet the way... I really appreciate my agent,. 

30 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

There was a Russian guy died from it really early on in the Pandemic. His wife was complaining of misdiagnosis at the hospital.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2020/04/08/3-foreigners-die-from-covid-19-in-thailand-pushing-death-toll-to-30/