Self isolating, but still have to run the gauntlet at Immigration.

giddyup

Same for me next month ret. ext.  , (and my own country send me on a mission to find some official to sign and stamp my yearly proof of life for my pension pay  ....) ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Will they come to my house, pickup and then deliver my passport?

I have read of one that offered that facility.... but sorry, can't remember the name. Even if it is 2 trips to their office, a bit easier.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I have read of one that offered that facility.... but sorry, can't remember the name. Even if it is 2 trips to their office, a bit easier.

Not really that much easier, maybe have contact with less people though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Will they come to my house, pickup and then deliver my passport?

If you are in Pattaya, yes they will for most immigration requirements. One agent who will do this has their office on Soi Chaiyapruek (on left side just up from Jomtien beach Rd).  VIP maybe?

• Like 1

Understand your concern and if my 90 day reporting at Muang Thong Thani last Wednesday is anything to go by, being that there were only two other people there besides myself (the time before there were more than 100 people), I think there are many people who feel the same as you and are acting accordingly.  No idea what the situation will be when it comes time to extend my visa in October at Changwattana.  

Pattaya Immigration allows customers to set up appointments, so that should help cut down wait times, and use those easy to buy online N95 masks, also visit banks and small photoshops when they aren't busy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

I renewed my yearly visa last week in Soi 5 on Wednesday, there were very few people in the bank, few in the copy place at the side and few in the immigration building, then just one person in front of me at the renew desk, total time in and out maybe 10 minutes,   same when I went the next day to pick up the passport.

Dont know if the gods were pleased with me but every traffic light from Ban Ampur on the way to the bank and again to Immigration were all green as well ????

Hope I'm as lucky. What day of the week did you go? I figured this Tuesday.

Edited by giddyup

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I did mine recently.  3 pm after most had picked up their passports not crowded.

But, this sounds like a case where an agent certainly could be used.  I bet they would gladly pick up your passport at your house.

Good luck in whatever you decide.  If you go 2 masks, gloves, do what makes you feel safer.

Are HazMat suits readily available?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ExpatDraco said:

No, but at least you can put things in perspective. But people who are scared aren't open for logic, statistics nor reasoning. Fear is primordial and overrules higher brain functions. And that's what the media and politicians did. Inspire a continuous stream of fear into people. Same thing that happened in 1939.

It's like arachnophobia. People who suffer from it will almost never conquer that fear.

'Perspective' is in the eye of the manipulator.  If a career in research has taught me anything, it's that the manipulation of statistics is an old established art form, that can tell you anything you want them to, or that someone else wants you to know, or wants to make you think you know. I would need to know a lot more about the process validity and procedural rigor of data collection and interpretation, than just looking at a graph produced on social or main stream media. 

8 hours ago, ding said:

Did someone pee in your Mekong?

No, they want the working class to not earn any money because of lockdowns why would they get paid? And to make matters worse, it isn't the working class that's targeted by Covid, but the elderly. Besides with their welfare income they can stay at home and be safe. Let the rest of the world do it's thing.

Edited by ExpatDraco
  • Like 2