Record Covid cases will not have any effect on "Sandbox" or 120 day reopening plan, says TAT chief

webfact

1 hour ago, habuspasha said:

Don't ignore the connection between domestic and international tourism.  I've spent the last weeks preparing all the paperwork for my Phuket Sandbox flight tonight.  Today I learn my Thai GF is banned from joining me as planned.  Had to cancel everything at last minute.  I can't be the only one.

That is sad sorry to hear that.

Ladies and Gentleman. For those here whom are woke ‘People’.

What is evident to see this year, is SE Asia opening up to tourism as a major mainstay of the economy’s for these countries.

Thailand is now opening Phuket, Koh Samui, and soon to be added, Pattaya.

Vietnam is opening the island of Phu Quoc, and vaccinating very fast the North Eastern area of the marble rocks sticking out of the sea (Quang Ninh, Halong Bay).

www.e.vnexpress/news/travel

Cambodia is stepping up vaccinations in local tourist areas, especially Angkor Wat. Plus letting in double vaccinated tourists into the country.

www.flightglobal.com/airlines/cambodia-considers-allowing-vaccinated-tourists-in-fourth-quarter/143389.article

Laos seems to be ok, and not suffering. But I do not agree with these press releases, if Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam are all suffering.

www.reliefweb.int/report/Lao-people-democratic-republic/monitoring-impact-covid-19-Lao-pdr

Therefore, as we know that SE Asia has been closed since March 2020. Nearly all tourism companies that are still in existence, and thousands of smaller companies that are now bankrupt and closed; Only shows that SE Asia as countries are now desperate for income.

When some countries stated tourism to be only 9% of GDP. Yes it maybe with hard FX currency conversions, flights, and direct bookings. But what most SE Asian countries have not taken into account is all the support industries and the employment which supports this industry.

I feel that all SE Asian countries have not taken into account the employment income and that spend their hard earned wages back into the economy.

Most sources put Thailand’s tourism GDP to be closer than I 21.9% as a contribution, and not the full income with support services.

www.knoema.com/atlas/Thailand/topics/Tourism/Travel-and-Tourism-Total-Contribution-to- GDP/Contribution-of-travel-and-tourism-to-GDP-percent-of-GDP-

So the final note to this snippet of details for the tourism industry of SE Asia, is, that they are all desperate to open and all desperate to get double vaccinated tourists back in their countries.

This has highlighted the immense income to GDP that tourism brings to SE Asia, and why sandboxes are opening everywhere to bring desperate money back to their

country’s

Jupiter Rising is a journalist of political and tourism blends. Highlighted so much during the covid pandemic.

Writing for many blogs, internet websites, and interviews on web tv as well as radio worldwide.

I look forward to any response if it is erudite and valid.

Edited by JupiterRising
Italics and additional web links
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

About time they put in some common sense and open up everything.

Afraid of the virus?  Stay home and let normal people have fun.

Just toss some VAX and/or ivermectin to the Thais to make them feel better. VAX "worked" in US and ivermectin worked in India.  Odd that the death rate is pretty much identical between every country and they all did different things.

The asymptomatic pandemic needs to end sometime.  Money is drying up for those who control everything.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I want his brains.. They are new and not used.. How much more stupidity can TAT ventilate??

It's obvious that the Bangkokians are still taking their weekend trips to Cha Amm. 

I now see the plan, open up Thailand and turn the hotels into hospitals, this will ensure that they fill to capacity and profits return. 

Shear Brilliance, while they are at it they could turn the thousands of empty condos on the Cha Amm coast into quarantine apartments with sea views and covid treatments, brilliant, borders on genius. 

5 hours ago, gejohesch said:

Having worked with these people, I know how the can embark on endless calculations, often supplying results with very high and totally meaningless accuracy when in fact there is complete uncertainty on all key factors. There is a complete and utter sense of reality here, at the base of much in that culture.

The Thai word for 0 is soon, tourists coming 0,will spend soon, equals 0

24 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

The Thai word for 0 is soon, tourists coming 0,will spend soon, equals 0

In the Thai news this morning, 

Sin yung kon insurance is refunding premiums after the announcement it will no longer be covering covid as they can see no end to the problem. Hopefully spelt the name right. 

So, if others follow, bye bye Covid-19 insurance, bye bye tourism,bye bye sandbox, Koh Samui, reopening Thailand, blackbird bye bye. 

18 hours ago, internationalism said:

for over 3 months him and all his office are working from home.

For a reason.

They don't want to get infected.

Even more so any tourist won't risk their holiday time to been locked in hotel room, send to quarantine, or hospitals

What possible work can they have left to do, apart from the above nonsensical statement.

38 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Sin yung kon insurance is refunding premiums after the announcement it will no longer be covering covid as they can see no end to the problem. Hopefully spelt the name right. 

So, if others follow, bye bye Covid-19 insurance, bye bye tourism,bye bye sandbox, Koh Samui, reopening Thailand, blackbird bye bye. 

This could be really a problem. But anyhow. If I understood it correctly they only pay for treatment but not if you have to enjoy your days in an expensive quarantine facility.

Somehow I don't understand people that need to come here for holidays at such a time. Alone the flight is a risk. Let them pay... 

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

well it is just one insurance company. but i aggree. bye bye thailand. see you at 2023

• Like 1

18 hours ago, grandpa said:

28,000 baht over 14 days. leaving 152,000 baht for what?  No-one spends that amount of money on a 21 week holiday!

i planned to spend a lot of money here in phuket, but got so angry on how they closed the

country rightafter i came, and how the whole place is closed and bankrupt, that  i will NOT spend  my money; will eat only in 7/11 and acctualy looking for a flight back !!!

3 hours ago, JupiterRising said:

What is evident to see this year, is SE Asia opening up to tourism as a major mainstay of the economy’s for these countries.

Vietnam is opening the island of Phu Quoc, and vaccinating very fast the North Eastern area of the marble rocks sticking out of the sea (Quang Ninh, Halong Bay).

Cambodia is stepping up vaccinations in local tourist areas, especially Angkor Wat. Plus letting in double vaccinated tourists into the country.

www.flightglobal.com/airlines/cambodia-considers-allowing-vaccinated-tourists-in-fourth-quarter/143389.article

Laos seems to be ok, and not suffering. But I do not agree with these press releases, if Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam are all suffering.

www.reliefweb.int/report/Lao-people-democratic-republic/monitoring-impact-covid-19-Lao-pdr

Therefore, as we know that SE Asia has been closed since March 2020. Nearly all tourism companies that are still in existence, and thousands of smaller companies that are now bankrupt and closed; Only shows that SE Asia as countries are now desperate for income.

When some countries stated tourism to be only 9% of GDP. Yes it maybe with hard FX currency conversions, flights, and direct bookings. But what most SE Asian countries have not taken into account is all the support industries and the employment which supports this industry.

I feel that all SE Asian countries have not taken into account the employment income and that spend their hard earned wages back into the economy.

Most sources put Thailand’s tourism GDP to be closer than I 21.9% as a contribution, and not the full income with support services.

www.knoema.com/atlas/Thailand/topics/Tourism/Travel-and-Tourism-Total-Contribution-to- GDP/Contribution-of-travel-and-tourism-to-GDP-percent-of-GDP-

So the final note to this snippet of details for the tourism industry of SE Asia, is, that they are all desperate to open and all desperate to get double vaccinated tourists back in their countries.

This has highlighted the immense income to GDP that tourism brings to SE Asia, and why sandboxes are opening everywhere to bring desperate money back to their

country’s

Jupiter Rising is a journalist of political and tourism blends. Highlighted so much during the covid pandemic.

Writing for many blogs, internet websites, and interviews on web tv as well as radio worldwide.

Just allow me to interject here and make one of my acidic statements:

If you are, in fact, stupid enough to vacation in Laos during a pandemic with that level of health care then the said person (you, not necessarily the poster) have been dropped on your head more than one hundred times as an infant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i planned to spend a lot of money here in phuket, but got so angry on how they closed the

country rightafter i came, and how the whole place is closed and bankrupt, that  i will NOT spend  my money; will eat only in 7/11 and acctualy looking for a flight back !!!

Of course 90 percent of everything is closed and all that you are supposed to do is stare at the ocean.  What else did anyone expect?  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The chief of the Tourism Authority of Thailand Yutthasak Suphasorn has insisted that Thailand's record Covid-19 numbers and deaths will not affect either the Phuket Sandbox or the wider reopening of Thailand to foreign tourism.

Such a lack of compassion and height of ignorance.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Whale said:

Farang number 1, Thai number 2?

Sorry you miss what is really going on — $$$$ number 1, $$$ number 2, $$ number 3, $, number 4.

Thais sold out a loooooong time ago.

Edited by ABCbangkok

6 hours ago, JupiterRising said:

country’s

If you really want to be a journalist, and not just a witer of opinions, then you're going to have to nail down facts. This isn't good enough:

"I feel that all SE Asian countries have not taken into account the employment income and that spend their hard earned wages back into the economy."

Guessing what the economic analyses of tourism revenue take into account isn't good enough. In fact, I believe that economists do take that into account. 

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Guessing what the economic analyses of tourism revenue take into account isn't good enough. In fact, I believe that economists do take that into account.

One economist. two opinions

9 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

About time they put in some common sense and open up everything.

Afraid of the virus?  Stay home and let normal people have fun.

Just toss some VAX and/or ivermectin to the Thais to make them feel better. VAX "worked" in US and ivermectin worked in India.  Odd that the death rate is pretty much identical between every country and they all did different things.

The asymptomatic pandemic needs to end sometime.  Money is drying up for those who control everything.

"Money is drying up for those who control everything"

If its like that in Thailand, then i call it Thailand's good luck.

Just about everywhere else, those who control everything must be making an absolute killing.

That would be why (in certain places) they do not want it to end any time soon, and are doing everything they possibly can towards that cause.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:19 PM, impulse said:

Bad news, and I hate to be the one to break it to you.  The world no longer revolves around the Empire.  They're not anybody's primary target demographic any more.

Lol.  Im not from there.  But noted they can control the narrative.   All they have to do, is what they are doing.  Making it mandatory state quarantine upon return.  Thats to deter their citizens  from visiting 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 11:47 PM, Soikhaonoiken said:

Are these people crazy.... I forgot money number 1,, and life is cheap in Thailand 

All the people who are against opening of Thailand should be made to donate a fair share of their income to those who lost jobs because the country was closed. This will let them see the viewpoint of the poor. Malnutrition and hunger are real for many, covid not so much. Mental derangement due to fearing covid is real too. More people will go crazy fearing it than will die from it. It’s pure math.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2