Complete lockdown in two months possible if COVID-19 figures do not improve – DDC

snoop1130

I should probably start a new topic with this question but I honestly don't know how to do that so I will pose my question here. 

Does anyone know if there exists a country that a Thai citizen can enter and get an mRNA vaccine in a short period of time?

The Thai person in question is 54 years old, female and has been refused an American visa in the past.  This happened at the Chiang Mai US Consulate even though I paid quite a sum of money to a "visa service" which advertises that they can help Thais enter the US.  Every person in the waiting room that day also failed to get a US visa.

I have investigated Hong Kong which allows only a 30 day stay. The quarantine and three weeks between shots rules out that option. 

Guam is out as are most South East Asian countries that I have considered.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

11 hours ago, jvs said:

Who mentioned a two month lock down?It says maybe a lock down in two months.

big difference.

if a lady says no, she means maybe. And if she says maybe, she means yes. And if she says yes, she's no lady. 

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

What is a complete lockdown? What are its terms and conditions?

Isn't a total lockdown where you can't leave your house for any reason including a school or a job even to get food or water or see a doctor with no exceptions.....   

15 hours ago, grantbkk said:

So Thailand let a head securty guard play PM for 7 years and son of a consturction billionaire who is not a doctor lead us through a once in a lifetime global pandemic. What could go wrong? Add to thatwidespread corruption and general incompetence of an appointed government and here we are. Only a fully vaccinated public can dig us out. what's  the plan?

think of Marcus Wellby MD

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

National Security Council Chief Gen Nattaphon Narkphanit yesterday said the current and upcoming measures are necessary to bring the situation under control but the authorities are doing their best not to affect people’s livelihoods.

Covid is affecting peoples lives... vaccinations could have alleviated it to a certain extent, but that plan failed dismally.

Now we have to go the hard road.

16 hours ago, grantbkk said:

So Thailand let a head securty guard play PM for 7 years and son of a consturction billionaire who is not a doctor lead us through a once in a lifetime global pandemic. What could go wrong? Add to thatwidespread corruption and general incompetence of an appointed government and here we are. Only a fully vaccinated public can dig us out. what's  the plan?

It's still in the planning stage.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, samtam said:

How on earth are the government going to organise the delivery of food and water to all the residents of Bangkok, (let alone other cities)? This government is not known for its organisational abilities, I am just flabbergasted that Dr Opart (-from-the-reality) can make a statement like this. Do you think they've formed a committee yet to determine how they are going to purchase food and water, (from where?) and deliver it? 

For those that were here for the flood the local government supplied food to people and it worked.

Asto why wait 2 months. Simple if you lock everyone in how are you going to vaccinate them?

Or, get everyone vaccinated in the next 2 months.  Get on the horn to Biden and Putin and get some vaccines here tomorrow.  Speed up the deliveries of what has already been ordered--has anything actually been ordered?  Is the Moderna order still in bureaucracy hell?  Get to work.

Complete insanity ! Mass vaccination is the only cure out of this, and even if that would be accomplished the numbers here in Thailand would be in parity of UK. 

Edited by spetersen
Missing text
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Impossible... maybe fake news??? The PM said we will reopen the whole country for tourists at 1st October... and now maybe a full lockdown??What will the thousands of tourists who are planning to come to Thailand in October deal with that??? And besides that in 2 months .. how many cases and deaths there will be a day? Maybe better to wait for next year to implant measures to prevent worse

Thousands of tourists planning to visit in October? Do you have any facts to back that up?

IMO one would have to be oblivious to what is happening in LOS now to even consider visiting, other than to see family etc.

That's even assuming the new variants of corona haven't imposed additional restrictions on travel- look at the situation in the US, UK and Australia right now.

This virus isn't done yet, by a long shot, IMO.

20 minutes ago, spetersen said:

Complete insanity ! Mass vaccination is the only cure out of this, and even if that would be accomplished the numbers here in Thailand would be in parity of UK. 

Doesn't seem to have worked in the UK, they have 5 x the daily Covid cases as here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

For those that were here for the flood the local government supplied food to people and it worked.

Asto why wait 2 months. Simple if you lock everyone in how are you going to vaccinate them?

The flood was as widespread as this virus ???? 

Asto why wait ,Simple ??? If they can diliver and supply food wich worked so well , then they can diliver vaccines as well in your well working plan . Stay of Anutins' stash mate . 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1