BBC report Thai Covid crisis latest - who's going to visit Thailand after reading that?

webfact

12 hours ago, BananaGuy said:

I’d suggest less common sense, more sheer good luck that all the current variants have a relatively low death rate compared to say, Ebola. 

Please look deeper than the headline mortality rate … for example, the ‘opportunity cost’ of the massive resources being expended on prevention and treatment of morbid cases due to Covid  … elective surgery and non-Covid vaccination rates plummeting and even ER availability compromised in lots of places, routine cancer and cardiac screening put on hold etc etc.

Want to minimise or pay lip-service to  Covid? Go ahead, nobody can stop you … but please think very carefully before you do.

Dragging  in Ebola  is scaremongering, fact remains death rate of 2-3% ,in rabbit  holing the consequences you  can go on forever.

19 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

and  deaths  per  day in the UK? 20  or  so except  the last 2-3  days  up to 40=  big  difference in a  population well vaccinated

Near 100 yesterday..... wish they could squeeze that to single figures. But with high daily new infection numbers, well some will die having tested positive in the last 28 days. 

17 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

yep, wait until Boris does his usual 180 on that, lockdowns coming up for the UK in the coming weeks ????

Yeah, and why hasn't someone dug into the thing about Russia paying Boris to do the Brexit thing?

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I'm looking at the situation in July 2021. Current daily figures. Or do you want to go back to see who did best with the Spanish flu in 1918?

I had Asian flu in the fifties, does that mean I already have antibodies to fight this latest Chinese export?

23 hours ago, colinneil said:

Ohh dear poor ole Prayut aint gonna like that, he will ban the BBC for telling the truth.

Great photo cop standing there with a bloody BIG gun, if that does not frighten tourists away nothing will.

Will they raid the offices of the BBC in BKK Again for speaking the truth.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, smedly said:
23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

65 ....... had COVID right at the start in Jan 2019 after mixing with Chinese at Chiang Mai/Saigon airports.

My family all had it the next week when I returned, this was before the world was scared.

Expand  

I am 5 yesrs younger than you and generally healthy, I had a similar experience to you when I visited BKK FEB 2019, I used public transport for the whole day - when I returned I did experience what I would describe as a mild flu - never got tested but would like an antibody test to see if I have actually been infected before - very hard to find for some reason

but thanks for sharing your experience  

I also was affected in Jan 2020 after a visit to Rayong, as an addicted smoker, I didn't want or need to smoke or have a beer, had trouble breathing, needed oxygen at home, knocked myself out with antihistamines and brown cough mixture ingredients include a small amount of opium, even though I was not coughing, boosted my immune system with vit C, It didn't seem smoking related,  after about 5 days woke up one mourning wanting a ciggy, go figure what I had. 

13 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I also was affected in Jan 2020 after a visit to Rayong, as an addicted smoker, I didn't want or need to smoke or have a beer, had trouble breathing, needed oxygen at home, knocked myself out with antihistamines and brown cough mixture ingredients include a small amount of opium, even though I was not coughing, boosted my immune system with vit C, It didn't seem smoking related,  after about 5 days woke up one mourning wanting a ciggy, go figure what I had. 

A ciggy ?

On 7/20/2021 at 10:34 AM, Neeranam said:

Exactly,there's a lot of people worrying about nothing. My mother, who is 80 soon, had it with NO symptoms, as did 4 other relatives over 80. 

Who says it's nothing?

I know 10 people who have had it - 4 are dead!!

1 had a sore throat and lost his sense of taste and smell.

Another had sore throat and sniffles.

The others were admitted for over a month each.

Edited by petedk
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, petedk said:

Who says it's nothing?

I know 10 people who have had it - 4 are dead!!

1 had a sore throat and lost his sense of taste and smell.

Another had sore throat and sniffles.

The others were admitted for over a month each.

Thanks for your experience. Personally, I know no one who know anyone who has died from this. 

Were your friends unhealthy or old?

I have booked a vaccine but am not really scare of getting a sore throat. I am under 60 and healthy but if I were over 80 and/or unhealthy, I would be concerned. Then again, I would have had a vaccine and/or stay at home. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks for your experience. Personally, I know no one who know anyone who has died from this. 

Were your friends unhealthy or old?

I have booked a vaccine but am not really scare of getting a sore throat. I am under 60 and healthy but if I were over 80 and/or unhealthy, I would be concerned. Then again, I would have had a vaccine and/or stay at home. 

1 was 30 and had no known underlying conditions. She died within a few days of testing positive.

1 was about 70, but had just been through a medical examination where he was declared ok (they think that is where he was infected)

1 was 40 and obese

1 was about 50 and had some lung problems.

Incidentally and slightly off topic. The hospital bill for one of those who died (paid for by the government) was over 6 million. 

Apart from these people I know of about 30 others who have been infected, Colleagues at work or their relations.

Only last night I heard of 2 more cases. My friend's friends parents. They couldn't find a hospital room for a couple of days.

Several people from a small community on my soi were also infected. 

I guess I live in an epicenter.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, XtraFly said:

I'm not denying anything but I'm certain numbers can always be manipulated and inflated for the benefits of of few elites over the majority of the public, and I see the whole thing as developed world taking advantage of the developing world to put them under pressure so they buy their vaccine formula. Always follow the money you will find the answers.

How come the UK is allowing Americans to enter, while the US is not trusting the AstraZeneca efficiency so they won't let britons in, Interesting.

And they announced the Us is donating 500 million vaccines to 92 lower income countries, what are the terms or the price for this donation ?

I think Covid is real and deadly but at the end of the day it's a Virus like other vicious viruses.

Bingo... I agree.  It's a virus. End of statement. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, XtraFly said:

I'm not denying anything but I'm certain numbers can always be manipulated and inflated for the benefits of of few elites over the majority of the public, and I see the whole thing as developed world taking advantage of the developing world to put them under pressure so they buy their vaccine formula. Always follow the money you will find the answers.

How come the UK is allowing Americans to enter, while the US is not trusting the AstraZeneca efficiency so they won't let britons in, Interesting.

And they announced the Us is donating 500 million vaccines to 92 lower income countries, what are the terms or the price for this donation ?

I think Covid is real and deadly but at the end of the day it's a Virus like other vicious viruses.

Like other deadly viruses? That is quite a dismissive statement.  Please list the other "vicious viruses" in the last 50 years that have infected almost 200m people and killed 4m in an 18 month time frame.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

told you AZ was not effective ????

Oh its effective as much as any of the jabs are, they do exactly as intended which is to reduce the severity in most cases. 
They do increase "protections " as claimed but are far from what people traditionally expect from a "vaccine" or what most have been led to believe a vaccine does. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Its  not  lip service, its  fact, 2-3% death rate dragging  in Ebola is  just scaremongering imo, as for  knock on effects, everything has a  price and thats  just rabbit  holing.

The seasonal flu death rate is 0.1%. If the death rate of covid is 3% as you stated, that's 30 times more deadly.

Edited by ding
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 1:15 PM, Neeranam said:

Even if it were 10x that it would be less than 25% of the UK's deaths, 

That may be true, but I was not making that comparison, just questioning the official reporting here in LOS.

• Confused 1

On 7/19/2021 at 5:18 PM, BritManToo said:

The other theory being ........

Most of the Brits likely to die of COVID have already died.

Is this Mother Natures' way of culling the human herd?? 

• Like 1