BBC report Thai Covid crisis latest - who's going to visit Thailand after reading that?

webfact

Thailand has been bigging up the prospect of having tourists return to their country and some analysts in Thai tourism circles suggested British nationals were some of the largest numbers who just couldn't wait to come. 

With out of control UK infection rates, they won't pass a PCR test either before departing or after arrival! The whole of the UK should be a massive RED zone if we cannot even visit Ubon domestically! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Count the dead, thats what matters! And according to the around the world accepted John Hopkins institute data:

dead per million (capita). In this, Thailand is placed as number 157 among the worlds reporting countries, with it´s 50 dead / million!

UK have 1.886 dead / million and placed number 20!

Count the dead, period!

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

In July 2021, yes they have done much better. 

A higher vaccinated population and far less deaths. Coming out of lockdown. That's better. Who cares about the number of cases? Covid is like the Flu now in the UK. That's pretty much the end game.

It's just beginning! More lockdowns are planned. The PM is in isolation. Half a million people have been ordered to self islolate. Vaccine passports are to be enforced without parliamentary scrutiny, possibly illegaly..There is travel chaos ruining lives, business and commerce. New variants are developing almost weekly. An estimated 130k deaths already..The virus is winning

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If it’s reported by the BBC, then take with a pinch of salt. Once exemplary, their journalism now sadly lacks integrity and balance. What they report in the UK bears little resemblance to the normality most Brits experience! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Keesters said:

BBC & Truth are two words that can't go in the same sentance. 

Maybe many people are sick of the BBC woke whingeing, but I would love to see Prayuth shut in a room interviewed by Laura Kuensberg.........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DoctorB said:

Requirement for evidence of vaccination is being discussed in the context of high contact inside venues; eg nightclubs

OMG, are you serious? Makes me want to renounce by UK citizenship. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DoctorB said:

Requirement for evidence of vaccination is being discussed in the context of high contact inside venues; eg nightclubs; there is currently no plan to enforce vaccine passports. 

The BBC spent quite a lot of airtime recently interviewing pissheads "partygoers", football louts "fans" and "worshippers" at mosques religious sites.

Of course they are not allowed to ask the obvious question - are you vaccinated? and if not why not?

• Like 2

I'm not denying anything but I'm certain numbers can always be manipulated and inflated for the benefits of of few elites over the majority of the public, and I see the whole thing as developed world taking advantage of the developing world to put them under pressure so they buy their vaccine formula. Always follow the money you will find the answers.

How come the UK is allowing Americans to enter, while the US is not trusting the AstraZeneca efficiency so they won't let britons in, Interesting.

And they announced the Us is donating 500 million vaccines to 92 lower income countries, what are the terms or the price for this donation ?

I think Covid is real and deadly but at the end of the day it's a Virus like other vicious viruses.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Having a jab won't stop you getting it. eg 47% of recorded cases in the UK last week were already vaccinated. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9790999/Symptom-tracking-app-claims-number-people-falling-ill-virus-day-FALLEN.html

Itll last until it burns out and no measures,emergency, draconian r otherwise in a globally connected world will stop it

Just saying

• Sad 1

I couldn't buy a ticket to Samui on the Samui+ sealed route from the US yesterday. "ERROR" when I tried to confirm.

Then, Korean Air could book it but wanted $3,200 a seat, economy - with an 11.5 hour layover in BKK.

I'm just doing the net indicated thing and not married to any outcome. Maybe this delay of a plan I've had since 1993 is for the absolute best. Thailand tried to buy new submarines while it's suffering new cases like it was the USA. smh

We'll wait, no problem!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

People are waiting to travel again once the virus and quarantine is stopped and countries open.Thailand is just one of the countries in asia or sth amercia.I would not worry people will go to either and countries know  tourist will return.I hope end of the year things improve

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

That may be but while infections are growing in the UK, deaths are not. They remain quite low. If you click on the "deaths" link on that site you referred to, you'll see that there are about 10 COVID-19 deaths a day in the UK, compared to nearly 100 in Thailand. That's what the true effect of the vaccination effort. Few people are dying when they get breakthrough infections. 

Your out of date. 96 deaths reported in UK today, and forty-six thousand cases. UK opening up, what will the figures be in August?

2 hours ago, englishoak said:

Having a jab won't stop you getting it. eg 47% of recorded cases in the UK last week were already vaccinated. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9790999/Symptom-tracking-app-claims-number-people-falling-ill-virus-day-FALLEN.html

Itll last until it burns out and no measures,emergency, draconian r otherwise in a globally connected world will stop it

Just saying

told you AZ was not effective ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Almost as bad as the numbers in the vaccinated UK.

Current daily average UK new infections 37k

Cases in the UK | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk)

Yes but how many are dying ? Around 30 or so a day, tragic as that is, its nowhere near the 1200+ a day back in January when we had similar infection rates.

Say what you will about this Government but they've managed to get it right with the vaccine rollout.

• Like 2

The US has had an uptick in the last 4  weeks.  From 12,000 cases to 29,000 cases per day on a 7 day average. Another roller coaster ride?  At least it beats 300,000+ cases one day in January.  Deaths are running about 300 per day as opposed to 3,500 per day in the middle of January.

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1

Travel Insurance has skyrocketed for those wanting to travel to Thailand from the UK. A friend of mine was quoted £800 for 4 weeks. That is more than the most expensive economy air return. It is pure economics that will stop people travelling to Thailand

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, BananaGuy said:

Want to minimise or pay lip-service to  Covid? Go ahead, nobody can stop you … but please think very carefully before you do.

Its  not  lip service, its  fact, 2-3% death rate dragging  in Ebola is  just scaremongering imo, as for  knock on effects, everything has a  price and thats  just rabbit  holing.