BBC report Thai Covid crisis latest - who's going to visit Thailand after reading that?

webfact

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Exactly,there's a lot of people worrying about nothing. My mother, who is 80 soon, had it with NO symptoms, as did 4 other relatives over 80. 

well good for you .. how about all the others ?  . only think about you ?   sounds like usa thinking ..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Ohh dear poor ole Prayut aint gonna like that, he will ban the BBC for telling the truth.

Great photo cop standing there with a bloody BIG gun, if that does not frighten tourists away nothing will.

Have to have the photo of the Cop with the bloody BIG Gun

The Thai public need to know where all the Money is going.

It sure as hell has not been spent on Health care or vaccines.

Reports such as this have a way of making it onto the BBC Online News app, and sometimes are carried forward onto the Mainline News.

If the report was highlighted in the UK, it would be good for the plight of those stuck in the Camps if nothing else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

65 ....... had COVID right at the start in Jan 2019.... correction Jan 2020 ..... after mixing with Chinese at Chiang Mai/Saigon airports. My family all had it the next week when I returned, this was before the world was scared.

Nasty lingering cough was about the worst of it.

Good news that you were all ok.

How easy was it to get tested at that time? I was in Thailand then and it didn't seem a big issue other than in China.

I visited the Thai Chinese Cultural Centre in Udon Thani in early February and there were signs outside saying " Stay Strong Wuhan" but there were no masks then.

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Everything is back to normal in China, all are back to work without need for masks. Makes one wonder.

My Chinese neighbour would disagree with you with that statement and as for the vaccine he had the AZ two weeks ago said he wouldnt touch the chinese vaccine even if it was his only option 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If only the current government could shoot the coronavirus, they'd be out of the pandemic in no time.  Unfortunately, gunfire is not a medically approved treatment!  ????

But it would legitimately curb the deaths attributable to covid. Oh, shoot the virus, not the people WITH the virus...

41 minutes ago, ifmu said:

well good for you .. how about all the others ?  . only think about you ?   sounds like usa thinking ..

No its  common sense that the vast majority will be ok after contracting covid, doesnt  lessen the  fact people  have died but the vast majority have not.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

But in fairness, they do millions of tests and the deaths in the UK have plummeted.

You can't stop people getting Covid, you can only stop them dying of it and then learn to live with Covid. Which is what the UK's vaccination process has done.

Thailand on the other hand....

I'm not vaccinated and never died yet. 

What's going on... I not see anybody sick neither die. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What do you mean?

On quick check,

Deaths in UK = 129,000

Deaths in Thailand = 3,000

Are you just Thai bashing or is there something I can't see here? 

Since April 1st this year the UK 7-day average death rate has only ever been above 37 for the last week.

90% of Thai deaths have occurred since 1st April - 3340. UK figure since 1st April - 1982

Source: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data?country=GBR~THA

Don't cloud the present with year old data. It doesn't help to explain the severity of the situation today.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ifmu said:

A few of my personal business acquaintances were infected and one of them succumbed to it unfortunately. Relatively young at early 50s. Physically fit. That's what bothers me. We still don't fully understand this virus even before it evolves. 

• Like 2

Ah local pedant speaking: “bigging” is not a word! It’s made up, ignorance derived, tense confused, made up nonsense. Please can we refrain from writing and posting American b……disation of the English language. As for the article the death rate recent past and current in Thailand is, per capita, a drop in the ocean compared to the UKs numbers. Hmm … me thinks of the Biblical quotation about glass houses.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What do you mean?

On quick check,

Deaths in UK = 129,000

Deaths in Thailand = 3,000

Are you just Thai bashing or is there something I can't see here? 

People starving in the streets and homeless, is that what you want, the economy flat lining. I think the Thai government are going over the top more so hospitalising every one tested positive locking every thing down. It’s been proved in the western world lockdowns don’t work, there is just another spike when they open up again.

Thailand has fallen short on ordering vaccine thinking the worst was over only to be started again by their own hi so people and allowing Songhran to go ahead.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

It's completely mind blowing how the most vocal anti-vaxxers and "Covid is BS" on TVF Aseannow all - as well as their families- have had Covid and it was like a mild flue a worst.????

and equally as  odd  that   people  dont look at the overall death rate worldwide 

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

But in fairness, they do millions of tests and the deaths in the UK have plummeted.

You can't stop people getting Covid, you can only stop them dying of it and then learn to live with Covid. Which is what the UK's vaccination process has done.

Thailand on the other hand....

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

And all these charts show deaths on the rise again. It's far from over. 

17 minutes ago, Khunangkaro said:

I'm not vaccinated and never died yet. 

What's going on... I not see anybody sick neither die. 

Then you are very lucky, perhaps you should consider those who have not been so fortunate before making such comments…

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, smedly said:

what are the odds the BBC will now be banned in Thailand - that is the usual response when foreign media tell the truth 

BBC & Truth are two words that can't go in the same sentance. 

• Sad 1

I'm 100% sure I had Covid in January 2020, we had at least 400 Chinese any given day at our resort in Phuket. Since then I have had extreme pain in my feet and hands, which is one of the symptoms of "Long Covid" I had my first jab of AZ 29th June, no adverse side-affects, however, since the jab, the pain in my hands and feet has disappeared. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

65 ....... had COVID right at the start in Jan 2019.... correction Jan 2020 ..... after mixing with Chinese at Chiang Mai/Saigon airports. My family all had it the next week when I returned, this was before the world was scared.

Nasty lingering cough was about the worst of it.

That's the problem, I've had several family/friends catch it all with different results.

Some with bad cold/flu symptoms a few ended up in ICU for a few days, one passing away aged 51.

There's no set pattern or indeed outcome some people are lucky others not so.

• Like 2

Yes and I think Thailands decleared infection rate is still on the low side.

I have 3 Thai freinds who have had or are recovering from it.

First of all all 3 found it extremely hard to get tested for it all the hospitals were turing people away as some policy that gov made regarding if its a positive test then they must admit them.

Hospitals do not want COVID patients admitted!!!

One freind went to 9 hospitals and clinics before she was able to get tested at her own expense.

And she Turned out positive. 

She was then FORCED to pay upfront 100,000 bhat for a HOTEL room and was locked in 24/7 for 16 days and no medical staff to assist.

They also took away her wifi and TV about 4 days in so "she would not be upset by news" so total isolated excepther mobilephone and eventually we got her a laptop in!!!

We have been feeding her and keeping a 24 hour group chat with her between a group of freinds.

Make NO MISSTAKE you are ON YOUR OWN if you fall ill with COVID they don't want you to be sick and push numbers up.

They have NO ASSISTANCE  if you are sick!!

Edited by dutchweller
Spelling
  • Like 1