Travel Authorization Form - What do you put on the form if no Thai ID number.

Thomas J

Going to Bangkok this Friday for a vaccine shot.  Was "told" by the Huay Yai district office that I should have a travel authorization even though I will be traveling during non quarantine hours.  I went to fill out the form and it requires an ID number be includes.  Tried to include my passport number but it would not accept that, and it won't allow the field to be left blank and continue. 

Has anyone else filled in the online form and had can share how they got the travel authorization. 

image.png.ee0ccaf06ed8616e3204ea609c0b7e57.png

Many people, like me, are in the same situation.  I would hope a foreigner-friendly version will be created soon.  Hopefully Richard Barrow gets on the case!  In the meantime, reports should soon start coming in about how strict the checkpoints are.  I have a feeling that it will be at the discretion of the staff; the government seem far more concerned about stopping travel during the curfew hours.

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm at work at the moment, so got a Thai member of staff to make enquiries.  This is direct from the Covid line:

"Commuters who are unable to fill in the e-form can report their itineraries at the check point on the way to the destination"

Many thanks,  my friend !

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Tried to include my passport number but it would not accept that, and it won't allow the field to be left blank and continue. 

That´s the thing. It´s free but impossible! Welcome to Thailand.

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Tried to include my passport number but it would not accept that, and it won't allow the field to be left blank and continue. 

If you pay taxes in Thailand, then enter the tax ID (13 digits), which can also be used as social security number. If you have Pink ID, enter the number on pink ID card.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

If you pay taxes in Thailand, then enter the tax ID (13 digits), which can also be used as social security number. If you have Pink ID, enter the number on pink ID card.

Can the  fields be completed in English?   Not that it seems to matter, as it's OK to report your itineraries at the check point on the way to the destination.

1 hour ago, Tony M said:

Thanks.  I only get that in Thai.  How did you get it in English ?

No but if you use Google you can just go to the top of the page on the upper right hand corner and right click and there is an option to translate the page.  I have also had some pages at times that would not translate but I use my phone and google translate.  You go to google, hit the camera/picture icon and point at what you want translated.   Cumbersome but it does work. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thomas J said:

No but if you use Google you can just go to the top of the page on the upper right hand corner and right click and there is an option to translate the page.  I have also had some pages at times that would not translate but I use my phone and google translate.  You go to google, hit the camera/picture icon and point at what you want translated.   Cumbersome but it does work. 

Many thanks for the explanation !

My Thai friend who is driving me to Bangkok to the embassy tried to fill in the firm several times with her details. She always got a message error 404..

Whatvabout you? 

Can it be filled in advance or only the day you plan to travel? 

Thanks for your help

13 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Yesterday I drove by car from Pattaya to Bangkok => no checkpoints at all

Before yesterday I asked the city hall in Pattaya how to handle the restrictions. They told me that I just show my appointment for vaccination if there will be a checkpoint. To travel for the purpose of vaccination is allowed.

Thanks for posting.  That's good to know.

20 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Passport number of course. ID is short for identity. ????That way they know the person who is travelling is the same person who is authorised to travel.

If using your passport number, try padding it out to 13 digits with leading zeros: -

No guarantees! 

20 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Can the  fields be completed in English?   Not that it seems to matter, as it's OK to report your itineraries at the check point on the way to the destination.

I asked about travelling to the German embassy in Bangkok at the IO this morning, he said basically the same thing, it won't be a problem as we require you to go there, if there is a problem they can ring us up, it doesn't seem that this is going to be as strict as they make out.

• Like 1