Pattaya restaurant owners once again reduced to take-away only to “fight Covid-19”, many decide to close completely temporarily, others very unhappy

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

During previous closures, especially the first closure last year, when Covid-19 was still novel, most restaurant owners understood and supported the closures. The overall mood has now changed in Pattaya, with many angry, asking why the vaccine program isn’t moving at a quicker pace (in their opinion) or why restrictions such as allowing only outdoor dining or capacity limits could not be implemented versus a complete ban on dining in at restaurants.

Why are shopping malls essential?

But small restaurants not essential?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Especially locations like Pattaya have a structural problem. It has to decide if it wants to continue be a big red light district with many entertainment venues or if it also wants to have other businesses/companies that don't depend on tourists.

You don't mean to suggest that Pattaya's much heralded shift to family vacations and quality tourists is dead in the water, do you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Yes. Normally In the evening I see the same alcoholics sitting in front of their beer at their favourite bars. But they are closed now. If you live here many years then you know many people from seeing. 

Alcoholics want to stop drinking but can't.

I'm a drunk.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Alcoholics want to stop drinking but can't.

I'm a drunk.

Im thinking of installing a draught beer pump at home I might build a little bar, sick of these bottles

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Im thinking of installing a draught beer pump at home I might build a little bar, sick of these bottles

Ive a tap setup in my bar, friends are too scared to come and drink at the moment.

I brew my own beer though but occasionally will grab a Brew Dogs IPA keg for special occasions.

39 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Ive a tap setup in my bar, friends are too scared to come and drink at the moment.

I brew my own beer though but occasionally will grab a Brew Dogs IPA keg for special occasions.

Ive got no friends so no worries there, 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Ive no doubt you seem the same people... the part where you mention you see they eat the same thing everyday... thats either BS or you a weird creepy stalker type person.

why would anyone going to the same place everyday order something different there?

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Often I watch these people eating their daily breakfast in one of the cheap Charlie restaurants. Eggs, bacon, perhaps a piece of fatty sausage, toast bread and coffee. Every day the same. Perhaps now they find a healthier alternative. 

images(53).jpeg

I suppose you eat Muesli with yoghurt and an orange juice, bloody disgusting ????????

• Haha 1