Pattaya restaurant owners once again reduced to take-away only to “fight Covid-19”, many decide to close completely temporarily, others very unhappy

webfact

tpn.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – Pattaya was designated a Covid-19 maximum control, or “dark red” zone over the past weekend leading to thousands of restaurants being forced by Thai government mandate to reduce their offerings to take-away only for the third (technically fourth, with a one day closure in December) time in about a year and a half in an already devastated Pattaya highly dependent on tourism.

Due to Covid-19, borders for foreign tourists have been closed since March 2020 without quarantine and domestic tourism has essentially stopped since April of this year due to a current round of infections in the country. Tourism and income from entertainment and hospitality especially are responsible for about 80% of Pattaya’s GDP.  Entertainment venues have been closed for over three and a half months, leaving huge swathes of the city abandoned, and now restaurant owners, already struggling with restrictions on selling alcohol, virtually no tourists, and reduction of opening hours, have once again been hit by orders to ban dine-in.

During previous closures, especially the first closure last year, when Covid-19 was still novel, most restaurant owners understood and supported the closures. The overall mood has now changed in Pattaya, with many angry, asking why the vaccine program isn’t moving at a quicker pace (in their opinion) or why restrictions such as allowing only outdoor dining or capacity limits could not be implemented versus a complete ban on dining in at restaurants.

Many restaurants that also depend on nighttime and overnight traffic are angry at a mandatory curfew from 9:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M. that,  according to them, cuts their business significantly. Some local restaurant owners and staff joined in a protest against the government over the past weekend in Pattaya as we reported here.

The Chonburi Governor released through their public relations accounts earlier this week, July 19th, 2021, new orders around closures, measures, and restrictions as the province becomes a “Dark Red” zone. The orders are effective until further notice, and not “just two weeks” as some sources have stated.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/21/pattaya-restaurant-owners-once-again-reduced-to-take-away-only-to-fight-covid-19-many-decide-to-close-completely-temporarily-others-very-unhappy/

PattayaNews.jpg

1 minute ago, bbko said:

You watch others eat breakfast so often that you know that they eat the same thing everyday?

Dude, time to find a hobby.

I don't go there to watch them. I just see them sitting there every day when I leave the home. Are you one of them? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

You walk past close enough though to see they are eating the same Eggs, bacon, perhaps a piece of fatty sausage, toast bread and coffee.

Thats some creepy stalking type stuff right there.

Such restaurants have special cheap Charlie breakfast offers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

And you walk past close enough and often enough to observe the same people eating the same thing from the menu.....

Thats some creepy stalking stuff right there.

I will make a detour in the future. And yes you see the same cheap Charlies there every day. They are sitting outside next to the street. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I will make a detour in the future. And yes you see the same cheap Charlies there every day. They are sitting outside next to the street. 

Can't be that cheap if they're eating out every day...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Often I watch these people eating their daily breakfast in one of the cheap Charlie restaurants. Eggs, bacon, perhaps a piece of fatty sausage, toast bread and coffee. Every day the same. Perhaps now they find a healthier alternative. 

images(53).jpeg

Perhaps you could find something else to watch!! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Pattaya is full of them

NGO"s with their 30,000 THB 2 month volunteer visas are around more than ever looking for fresh meat for the paedophile industry. They are easy to identify. They don't wear masks. They are above it all.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Perhaps you could find something else to watch!! ????

Yes. Normally In the evening I see the same alcoholics sitting in front of their beer at their favourite bars. But they are closed now. If you live here many years then you know many people from seeing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wonder why banks don't have to quit asking for money though for mortgages on property?

OH, people can just sell then...|

for pennies on the dollar...

oh, who will ever buy up the land and property when the common man is bled dry?  

Edited by Dart12

I don't like to say it, but with Covid finally taking hold in Thailand the worst is yet to come. There are certain to be more and more restrictions in the months ahead, no tourists returning this year, and with few citizens vaccinated and many reported vaccine orders not due to arrive until late this year and early next the economy and businesses are facing a total meltdown.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't like to say it, but with Covid finally taking hold in Thailand the worst is yet to come. There are certain to be more and more restrictions in the months ahead, no tourists returning this year, and with few citizens vaccinated and many reported vaccine orders not due to arrive until late this year and early next the economy and businesses are facing a total meltdown.

Especially locations like Pattaya have a structural problem. It has to decide if it wants to continue be a big red light district with many entertainment venues or if it also wants to have other businesses/companies that don't depend on tourists.

• Like 1