Expert: COVID Corpses Are Noncontagious

snoop1130

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Not even if you have sex with one...... just asking for a friend .????

regards Worgeordie

Hopefully a non contagious necrophilia friend otherwise the whole theory gets blurred ????

13 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Hopefully a non contagious necrophilia friend otherwise the whole theory gets blurred ????

Is he the one who was having sex with his wife and didn't realise she was dead until the washing up started to pile up?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, connda said:

Where's your sources and attribution links?  You don't have any.  I do.

"Quantitative microbial risk assessment (QMRA) studies have been conducted to understand and characterize the relative risk of SARS-CoV-2 fomite transmission and evaluate the need for and effectiveness of prevention measures to reduce risk. Findings of these studies suggest that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection via the fomite transmission route is low, and generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection"
Sources:

• A. M. Wilson, M. H. Weir, S. F. Bloomfield, E. A. Scott and K. A. Reynold, “Modeling COVID-19 infection risks for a single hand-to-fomite scenario and potential risk reductions offered by surface disinfection,” American Journal of Infection Control, vol. Article In Press, pp. 1-3, 2020.
  • A. P. Harvey, E. R. Fuhrmeister, M. E. Cantrell, A. K. Pitol, S. J. M, J. E. Powers, M. L. Nadimpalli, T. R. Julian and A. J. Pickering, “Longitudinal monitoring of SARS-CoV-2 RNA on high-touch surfaces in a community setting,” Environmental Science & Technology Letters, pp. 168-175, 2020.
  • A. K. Pitol and T. R. Julian, “Community transmission of SARS-CoV-2 by fomites: Risks and risk reduction strategies,” Environmental Science and Technology Letters, 2020.

Thanks for that.

So, 1/10,000 per contact. 2 hands, that's 2 contacts, adjust your grip a couple of times, that's 6, bodies are heavy, so it'll likely touch your torso a couple of times, that's 8.  The same to get it out of the ambulance, that's 16.  Or 16/10,000 = 1/625 mimimum, for a single body, handled well.  6 bodies in a day, that's about 1/100.  Multiply that for poor handling techniques - and I've seen a LIVE person slung in like a piece of meat after a bike accident.  See where I'm going here?

On 7/21/2021 at 5:15 PM, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK, July 21 (TNA) – The bodies of dead COVID-19 patients are noncontagious, assured the Forensic Physician Association of Thailand.

Dr Smith Srisont, president of the association, said there was misunderstanding about the bodies of COVID-19 infected people that they could transmit the virus and the people who handled the bodies must wear protective gear.

He said that corpses could not transmit diseases, COVID-19 bodies were put in body bags with zippers and undertakers did not have to wear protective suits.

The most confusing article I have ever read... so are they or aren't they? The caption says yes... the Dr Smith says no...

This is too important to confuse anyone even dopes like me!

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

The most confusing article I have ever read... so are they or aren't they? The caption says yes... the Dr Smith says no...

This is too important to confuse anyone even dopes like me!

Why are you bothered? Do you expect to pick up any dead bodies in the near future?????

9 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Bad and confusing penmanship... Why aren't you bothered about convoluted information?

I am somewhat and I accept your point. What does irk me and has nothing to do with our discussion is the way 'impacted' has taken the place of 'affected'. Much the same as when 'absolutely' replaced 'yes.' But I'm not particularly bothered.????