Jump to content

Video: Woman chilling gets splashed with floodwater by irresponsible motorist


Recommended Posts

  • metisdead changed the title to Video: Woman chilling gets splashed with floodwater by irresponsible motorist
34 minutes ago, DLock said:

Perhaps I am the only one that finds this funny...but sitting right next to a flooded street drinking beer was never going to end well...

 

I be more upset if I was the shop owner.

Exactly! But TIT and it's not her fault... 555

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Myran said:

One of my fears when standing with my motorcycle at a particular U-turn in Hua Hin. There was always a deep puddle of water at that exact spot whenever it rained. But I was constantly pleasantly surprised, because approaching motorists always made sure to switch lanes when they saw me and the puddle, and I was never splashed.

Nicer people in HH, Bangkok or Pattaya, you'd have got a drenching!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, irwinfc said:

penalties here are really out of whack. a few years ago along Ratchadaphisek, a taxi driver got off and threatened another motorist with a machete. said cabbie got off with a 500 baht fine.

I was chased by a guy in Phuket with a big knife that was trying to stab me.

 

Ended up in the Police station where he got a 100 baht fine.

 

When I complained that he was trying to kill me, the police said "yeah, but he didn't".

 

...and to make it worse, he gave him back the knife and told us both to leave at the same time.

 

So I do not doubt your story...although the fine looks rather high.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DLock said:

Perhaps I am the only one that finds this funny...but sitting right next to a flooded street drinking beer was never going to end well...

 

I be more upset if I was the shop owner.

Sorry cant help but laugh, you very naughty driver.😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I thought there weren't such a thing as negligent driving in Thailand? 

Only if money can be made.... 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

if she is that stupid to sit right beside a big puddle of water on a street then she should be fined not the driver. Even if he was going very slow her feet would at least have still gotten wet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too bright sitting virtually in the soi that is flooded knowing there will be passing traffic.... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

if she is that stupid to sit right beside a big puddle of water on a street then she should be fined not the driver. Even if he was going very slow her feet would at least have still gotten wet.

I initially thought that when I saw the headline...  Sitting next to a puddle is foolish. 

But... the whole road is flooded, no one would expect a car to pass at anything greater than walking pace... 

 

Pointing any blame or accountability at the lady in this situation is typical of idiots on this forum victim blaming...   there is no way any car should be travelling at speed down this street.

 

 

Slightly off topic: Speed bumps - many drivers just ignore them... they should put ‘fake rail crossings’ its seems drivers can’t cross even a smooth railway crossing without coming to a virtual standstill... its the vehicular equivalent to watching an ‘auntie’ stepping onto an escalator !!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Myran said:

One of my fears when standing with my motorcycle at a particular U-turn in Hua Hin. There was always a deep puddle of water at that exact spot whenever it rained. But I was constantly pleasantly surprised, because approaching motorists always made sure to switch lanes when they saw me and the puddle, and I was never splashed.

 

Probably were aware that puddles can be deep and can wreck vehicles. I always avoid puddles if I can. You never know how bad the pothole can damage your vehicle

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see how this is a big deal... other than for entertainment value of course.

 

this is a common sight during the rainy season here in siam square, with people walking home before or after work along Rama I or Phayathai getting blasted by cars going through the puddles...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DLock said:

Perhaps I am the only one that finds this funny...but sitting right next to a flooded street drinking beer was never going to end well...

 

I be more upset if I was the shop owner.

You guys have obviously never been in a flood when you thing this is funny. More cannon fodder for Immigration when they deal with people like you.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

You guys have obviously never been in a flood when you thing this is funny. More cannon fodder for Immigration when they deal with people like you.

Don't recall a question on the form that says "Do you delight in seeing people splashed by water by a passing car?".

 

Perhaps I missed it, or it's a default yes.

 

But you must be an absolute blast to hang out with Kid.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DLock said:

Don't recall a question on the form that says "Do you delight in seeing people splashed by water by a passing car?".

 

Perhaps I missed it, or it's a default yes.

 

But you must be an absolute blast to hang out with Kid.

Go back to your video games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Thainess in a nutshell.

How can you call that Thainess ??? which part ?? the careless driving or the sitting ?

 

People getting drenched by passing hitting puddles is all over the internet (from all over).... 

 

Perhaps the only Thainess I see is that the woman appeared almost calm with just a response of 'aoooohhhh Hia'  rather than getting apoplectic....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posts commenting on moderation have been removed.  If you want a warning and suspension, continue.   If you are not interested in the topic, don't both reading it.  If you do, you are under no obligation to post.   If you post, please do so about the topic.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Pointing any blame or accountability at the lady in this situation is typical of idiots on this forum victim blaming...   there is no way any car should be travelling at speed down this street.

Its not victim blaming, its that some people think that first you should look at your own actions before pointing the finger to another. 

This lady was stupid for siting next to a lake of water and the driver was an inconsiderate idiot.

Edited by MayBeNow
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DLock said:

I was chased by a guy in Phuket with a big knife that was trying to stab me.

 

Ended up in the Police station where he got a 100 baht fine.

 

When I complained that he was trying to kill me, the police said "yeah, but he didn't".

 

...and to make it worse, he gave him back the knife and told us both to leave at the same time.

 

So I do not doubt your story...although the fine looks rather high.

standard rates apply for local-on-local. 80% off for local-on-farang. another <deleted> moment in LOS.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...