My daughter has been Kidnapped, I know the kidnapper, and me and her mother want her back. Need to find a good child custody lawyer.

Tatsumi

Ok so here's my situation. I was messing with a woman in 2019, she got pregnant with my child, but I had to go back home to the United States. The relationship fell apart over the long distance and I lost contact with her.  Fast forward to March 2020 and she contacts me to let me know that the baby had been born during the first week of March.  I asked to see the baby, but she informed me that she gave it to a guy (we'll just call him *Mr.A*) to look after because she is only 22 years old, and feels like she is incapable of caring for the child.  She informs me that her agreement for giving Mr.A the baby was that she would be allowed to visit the child anytime she wanted to, as well as receive pictures of the child on a regular basis.  4 days after Mr A receives the baby, he comes to meet the mother and have her sign what he says is insurance papers for the baby. He states that he is in a rush that day and tells her she has to hurry up and sign the papers. The mother signs the papers, but unbeknownst to her, the papers are actually a form to put his name on the birth certificate as the father. At the same time this is happening, me and the mother reconcile and decide to be friends. She inform's me on what she has done with the baby without my knowledge and I tell her she should have just gave the baby to me, since I am the biological father, and because I have experience being a single parent (I have a 17 year old daughter, whom I've had full custody of, since she was born).  The mother agrees that she has made a grave mistake, and she attempts to contact Mr A, to get our baby back.

After speaking with her, Mr A then finds me on Facebook and contacts me. He asks me if I am the father of the woman's baby, and if I want my baby back. Of course I say yes, and then Mr. A tells me to come to Bangkok. I inform him that I already am in Bangkok, which I guess shocked him.  He then says that he will bring me my baby next week, and that he will call me. No call ever comes, and he blocks me on Facebook so I can't contact him.  I inform the mother and she tries to contact him to no success. the mother is unable to contact Mr. A, as he has blocked her from all ways of contact, including social media, and changing his phone number. At this point both me and the mother are terrified because Mr. A has dissapered with the baby and we don't know where he lives or what his real name is.  

We try using our friends social media to look up his pages and contact him, but it doesn't help, because he doesn't use his real name on any social media. So months pass, and we cannot find Mr. A's identity.   Then the mother gets the bright idea to go get a copy of the birth certificate which will have his real name on it.  It works, not only do we find out his real name, but we find out what his address is. We rush over to his house and ring the doorbell at the gate.  The sister of Mr A comes to the gate, She speaks with the baby's mother, but informs her that she will not open the gate, and that she will not let us take or even see the baby.  Me and the mother call the police, when they arrive, we explain to them the situation. The police go to the gate and speak with Mr A's sister.  Then the police officers walk back to us and inform us that they cannot go in and take the baby because technically Mr A's name is on the birth certificate as the father.  So they then inform us that we should take Mr A to court, and force him to take a blood test.  So we go down to the court house to get more information on how to file suit and I am advised that it will be a long process since I am a foreigner. but I inform them that I am in the process of getting my Thai citizenship (Thai ID/ Passport) since both my parents are Thai.  They advise me to wait till I'm a Thai citizen to take MR. A to court....  So here I am at present day, I've obtained my Thai ID & passport. I am currently looking for any good lawyers who specialize in child custody law.  Any recommendations or advise is welcome. Thanks

Edited by Tatsumi
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Have the police take the child back.

A random man on a birth certificate has no rights over a child in Thailand.

You also have no rights over any child you sire in Thailand out of wedlock.

A father needs a marriage certificate to the mother or a court order to get any rights.

Your story sounds like complete BS, as the police know this and act on it.

That's what I thought to, but the police in his district keep saying they can't go into his property. Super BS going on. I might attempt to go there again with the mother and explain to the police that he isn't married to her and that he has no court order saying he has rights to the kid.  If that doesn't work maybe I should go to another districts police agency (but Ive already tried that before, and they keep telling me they don't have no jurisdiction, and to go to his districts police station) ...Its frustrating. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Are you sure the child is not better off with the new guy?

The mother gave the baby up straight away because she did not want to be a mum at 22 years old.

Real father spit with the mother and left the country knowing she was pregnant with his child.

The mother lied to officials to falsify the child's information on the birth certificate. 

As for saying the 'gave' the man the baby, I doubt that. More liked sold the baby to him.

Great parents there. Poor kid. 

Since you are prone to hyperbole and baseless conjecture, I will go off on a similar tangent and say yes, I am sure the baby is NOT better off with some random, deceptive, manipulative and unmarried Thai man.

7 minutes ago, bbko said:

So was Mr A a complete and total stranger to the baby's mother? How can a mother give away her baby to someone that she doesn't even know where he lives?

With that being said, wouldn't it be easier for the mother take her child back? Her name is on the birth certificate, she's a Thai national, and no need for a DNA test.  Once the child is her custody you'll have more time to get the DNA stuff taken care of and find ways to fix this situation.

Yeah we thought that too, but the police refuse to enter his property. they said either take it to the courts or wait for him to take the baby off the property, then the mother could just go snatch the baby and he can't do anything about it. Its complete BS

• Haha 1

Why wait until you get Thai papers?. Go see a lawyer and get a case started now if getting the baby back is so important.

Don't forget the impact this will also have on the child who probably looks on the other guy as father now..

2 hours ago, connda said:

File a police report then remember the country you're in and the fact that Thailand isn't the West.  Hire a private investigator to find your child.

didn't he already  go to the child's location?

6 hours ago, Tatsumi said:

The mother signs the papers, but unbeknownst to her, the papers are actually a form to put his name on the birth certificate as the father.

Are you 100% sure about that ? My wife and I have taken care of a child since the day she was born as mother did not want her - moved on another man, too much bad memories, father wanted abortion, blah, blah, blah. etc.

Anyhow, father's name was not on the birth certificate. We asked the lady if she would lie and put my name on it later so that I could be the legal father without the need for adoption etc. 

Was told that it was impossible due to the fact the father had to have a blood test to be put in the birth certificate later. Now, I do not know if that is true, BUT, to get my half thai son from another lady in the UK a dual nationality I had to get the paper done in the uk and had to have the certificate stamped with blood from a finger (maybe they were just having a laugh on the day, but the papers I have have it).

So, my question would be the legalities of having him put his name on the certificate without a DNA test.  You may find that the guy will give up the child very easily if faced with baby fraud and obtaining a child by deceit ! 

• Like 2

Sorry after the first few paragraphs I stopped reading  

your problem the amount of men who go back home to there own country and then get the news I’m pregnant from some Thai girl is never ending do you even know it’s your own child . Sorry about your problem but your not the first and you won’t be the last you should of kept it in your trousers or taken precautions .