My daughter has been Kidnapped, I know the kidnapper, and me and her mother want her back. Need to find a good child custody lawyer.

Tatsumi

19 minutes ago, tonray said:

I guess he's testing the waters before asking for prostate shrinking advice

He probably needs probing a few times to ensure it is a prostate problem ...... 

• Haha 2

if you know the kidnapper, hire an el-cheapo crim , give him a couple of thousand Baht, no questions asked  - tell him you want your supposed kid back -- problem solved. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2021 at 9:42 PM, Tatsumi said:

Yeah we thought that too, but the police refuse to enter his property. they said either take it to the courts or wait for him to take the baby off the property, then the mother could just go snatch the baby and he can't do anything about it. Its complete BS

You forgot to offer an 'incentive'. Simple as that. I have a friend whose house was broken into, and their loot included his SUV that they found the keys to. The gated compound security guard disappeared the same day, which pointed to who might be responsible, but the police refused to investigate unless my friend paid them 100,000 baht.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2021 at 8:45 PM, BritManToo said:

Have the police take the child back.

A random man on a birth certificate has no rights over a child in Thailand.

You also have no rights over any child you sire in Thailand out of wedlock.

A father needs a marriage certificate to the mother or a court order to get any rights.

Your story sounds like complete BS, as the police know this and act on it.

I know this sounds bad, and I hope that it is not true, but maybe the Child has been trafficked out of the Country, and the papers were legally binding Adoption papers.

This is a terrible situation that you find yourself in, and I wish you all the best in resolving this issue.

not just for you, but also for the Childs sake.

good Luck

On 7/22/2021 at 9:33 PM, Tatsumi said:

I had to leave the country because my visa was about to be up (I was only away from Thailand for a month), and she disappeared on me, I had no way to contact her until she contacted me when the baby was born. 

Never heard of a phone? Seems you never contributed to the child's well being just like the mother.

• Sad 2

On 7/22/2021 at 9:28 PM, bbko said:

So was Mr A a complete and total stranger to the baby's mother? How can a mother give away her baby to someone that she doesn't even know where he lives?

With that being said, wouldn't it be easier for the mother take her child back? Her name is on the birth certificate, she's a Thai national, and no need for a DNA test.  Once the child is her custody you'll have more time to get the DNA stuff taken care of and find ways to fix this situation.

I have a feeling of Buyback will come into this, how well !!!!! Does mum know MrA?

I am in a similar situation as you.
Spend already near a million baht on lawyers and courts, but nothing happened.
Dozens of instances and lawers claim that they can help you, but at the end not one of them can bring your baby back.
That's the reality.
Don't go the same road, spending lots of money on lawyers and courts, and chose the "easy way".
Lot's of people to be found who can bring your baby back for a low price if you know where the kidnapper lives..
Surely in Thailand, where "Life is cheap".
Sharia law is KING.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, BananaGuy said:

‘I was messing with a woman’ and the baby is an ‘it’ ? Massive amount of mad detail?

My money is on BS from start to finish.

Get help.

As in … for your own mental health.

Very valid questions but to be fair, which is not one of my strong points, the title of this thread does say 'my daughter has been kidnapped.'  Difficult to understand why he would refer to her as his daughter in the title then as his child in the post.  That's the problem when making up stories, you have to invent convincing detail and then remember it.

I still think your money is safe on BS.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 8:53 PM, jak2002003 said:

Are you sure the child is not better off with the new guy?

The mother gave the baby up straight away because she did not want to be a mum at 22 years old.

Real father spit with the mother and left the country knowing she was pregnant with his child.

The mother lied to officials to falsify the child's information on the birth certificate. 

As for saying the 'gave' the man the baby, I doubt that. More liked sold the baby to him.

Great parents there. Poor kid. 

"Great parents there. Poor kid".

The child may be ok now with it's new "father".

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I know this sounds bad, and I hope that it is not true, but maybe the Child has been trafficked out of the Country, and the papers were legally binding Adoption papers.

Lived with a Thai lady who was trying to sell her daughter to the Swedish grandparents (after dad died). 8 months of court proceedings in Chiang Mai family court (near where Chang Puak meets the ring road) and they were getting nowhere, even with no objections from anyone. Chances of any legal papers in a couple of weeks = ZERO.

Lot of BS being posted by people that seem to have never been in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2021 at 9:27 PM, Tatsumi said:

I might attempt to go there again with the mother and explain to the police that he isn't married to her and that he has no court order saying he has rights to the kid.

Don't waste your time, you have no more right to the child than he has.    

On 7/23/2021 at 12:35 AM, RichardColeman said:

You may find that the guy will give up the child very easily if faced with baby fraud and obtaining a child by deceit ! 

The  mother voluntarily gave the child to the man, according to the OP, no fraud or "obtaining a child by deceit" on the new "father's" part.   The mother's just changed her mind, that's all.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The  mother voluntarily gave the child to the man, according to the OP, no fraud or "obtaining a child by deceit" on the new "father's" part.   The mother's just changed her mind, that's all.

think you should read the story again mate. I'd call adding a false father to a birth certificate - especially by deceit - fraudulent and obtaining a child be deceit - the child was obtained against the real father's wishes.

"4 days after Mr A receives the baby, he comes to meet the mother and have her sign what he says is insurance papers for the baby. He states that he is in a rush that day and tells her she has to hurry up and sign the papers. The mother signs the papers, but unbeknownst to her, the papers are actually a form to put his name on the birth certificate as the father. "

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:
On 7/22/2021 at 6:00 PM, Tatsumi said:

I was messing with a woman in 2019, she got pregnant with my child, but I had to go back home to the United States. The relationship fell apart over the long distance and I lost contact with her.  

Yep, the relationship fell apart and you lost contact with her, should be the end of story, but know, she cast the bait with the big catch me that farang hook.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:00 PM, Tatsumi said:

Fast forward to March 2020 and she contacts me to let me know that the baby had been born during the first week of March.  I asked to see the baby, but she informed me that she gave it to a guy (we'll just call him *Mr.A*) to look after because she is only 22 years old, and feels like she is incapable of caring for the child.

You took the big farang hook, line and sinker

He's a Thai, not a "farang".

• Confused 1

Sounds like one of my Thai ex gf/wife. After we split she got pregnant again and was willing to sell the new baby when it was born to the Thai family with money from me and my friend who was involved with the family. She did get jailed for leaving one of her babies by the side of the road. 

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

if you know the kidnapper, hire an el-cheapo crim , give him a couple of thousand Baht, no questions asked  - tell him you want your supposed kid back -- problem solved. 

There is no kidnapper, no kidnapping, either but what you're suggesting would be.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 7/22/2021 at 1:00 PM, Tatsumi said:

So here I am at present day, I've obtained my Thai ID & passport. I am currently looking for any good lawyers who specialize in child custody law.  Any recommendations or advise is welcome. Thanks

What BritManToo says is to my knowledge correct...

On 7/22/2021 at 3:45 PM, BritManToo said:

A father needs a marriage certificate to the mother or a court order to get any rights.

I had to be verified to be legat father to my half-Thai child - the mother is my girlfriend and we live together, so no big deal, but I needed legalization for dual citizenship - so in principle the mother should have no problem to file a police report.

You OP, on the other hand, has no parental rights. You need a DNA test to prove that you are the legal father, which will be done through the court. I unfortunately have no experience, as legalization was done in an amphor office when my daughter was older than 7 years, but presumably other poster have experience with DNA and court.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You forgot to offer an 'incentive'. Simple as that. I have a friend whose house was broken into, and their loot included his SUV that they found the keys to. The gated compound security guard disappeared the same day, which pointed to who might be responsible, but the police refused to investigate unless my friend paid them 100,000 baht.

Yeah, right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:
On 7/22/2021 at 9:33 PM, Tatsumi said:

I had to leave the country because my visa was about to be up (I was only away from Thailand for a month), and she disappeared on me, I had no way to contact her until she contacted me when the baby was born. 

Never heard of a phone?

Never heard of numbers being changed?  Safe to assume that, if this OP is not fantasy, she changed her number.

• Like 2

Just now, BritManToo said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, so easy, we all have that sort of contact don't we?

It's not that hard to meet these people in Thailand.

Not hard to meet that sort anywhere if you know where to look.  Most normal people don't.

• Like 1