My daughter has been Kidnapped, I know the kidnapper, and me and her mother want her back. Need to find a good child custody lawyer.

Tatsumi

20 hours ago, BusyB said:

Yeah but they didn't sound too familiar in the OP ... that's why I asked what the relationship was ...

Strikes me as pretty unusual to give up a baby whatever the circumstances ... (she 'didn't feel able to bring it up' at age 22?)

Especially if OP was only going to be absent for a month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

For all we know this could be a new scam, e.g. Tiruk, I had your baby but I gave it away to Mr A because I couldn't afford to keep it, Mr Farang....on the way to save the day, without any proof of knowing if it is his child.

Now could it be that Mr A is the brother and Mr A's wife is playing along with the scam, while they are both actually the parents of the child and Mr Farang not knowing any different, I mean after all, has he not sighted any birth certificate translated, could it also be that Mr A is the husband/boyfriend of the alleged "mother" and the wife of Mr A is the "mother's" sister/cousin playing along with the scam, anything is possible. What do I mean by a scam, well, will there come a time were Mr A calls and says ok, you want the kid back, you pay me xyz, and once the money is transferred then the "mother" disappears as does Mr A and his wife ?

I recall when I first came to my wife's village 15 plus years ago, there I was laying in the hammock and the wife's sister who was in Phuket working as a bargirl could be heard on her mother's mobile on speaker having a conversation with her farang partner, i.e. farang would ring her mobile number, mother wouldn't answer knowing it was him, mother would then ring daughter in Phuket, farang ringing, then when her mobile rang again, mother would tell daughter in Phuket, going to answer so speak, mother answers mobile, hello and would say one minute, sleeping, sleeping and would then say to the daughter in Phuket in Thai to speak while putting her daughters mobile on speaker close to her (mothers mobile) where the daughter is speaking through so he could hear her speaking through it, why don't you answer your mobile farang would say, I have been trying to ring you for ages, solly Tiruk, my mobile broken, cannot see screen and sound doesn't work, have to buy a new one but have no money, then I heard him say, where are you, here in the village, I was sleeping, you don;t believe me, you can hear my mum answer the mobile, you want to talk to my mum, and she would tell her mum to talk to him, the mother would say a couple of words, Tom we miss you in broken English even though he only met her once, he could recognise it was the mother's voice, then the daughter in Phuket would say, what you still don't believe me, can't you hear the roosters in the back, oh yeh he said, sorry darling my heads playing with me, it's because I have been away from you for a few months, it's ok Tiruk she would say, then she would say, if I can borrow some money from some friends I will buy another mobile but I no have money, don't worry darling, I am going to send you 10,000 baht to buy a new one, no no is not enough Tiruk mobiles are 20,000 for a good one, but you work to hard and I don't won't you to worry, but I need to contact you, ok Tiruk if you sure I will buy a good one with the 20,000 you send me and show you the receipt, no need to show me darling I trust you.

This was my introduction to one of many Thai scams, and you wouldn't believe it, they ended up getting married, he built her a house, paid for a car and had a kid, then she peeeeeeeed him off and he lives overseas, paying for his kids private school fees among other things, which go into his mothers pocket because she goes to a public school.

Did I try and warn him, yep, but then he told her and she convinced him that I was jealous and a liar, that is when I let things take it course, i.e. allowed him to go ahead, build her house, buy her a car and furnish it, the rest is history, I give everyone a fair go once.

Welcome to Thailand.

Yeah, I had thought that maybe even SHE was the victim ... and that Mr.A had himself sold the kid on (there is a market) ... or any variation of that including her collusion.

Good of you to warn your friend - every good friend deserves a warning - but no more than one 555 ...

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 4:38 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:

Since your mother and father are both Thai , i geuss you are Thai and look Thai as well . Get yourself a Grab outfit go to the house and say you have a delivery and when she let's you in take the baby . If you care about having your own child back you will not let anything or anybody stop you . And when you have taken the baby let them call the police on you , you can proof by DNA that your the father .

The most ridiculous suggestion so far.

On 7/26/2021 at 6:16 AM, LukKrueng said:

Great first post. You've got talent. You can definitely make a novel out of it. But make sure to publish it in a western country where people don't know much about Thailand so they might even think it's based on a real story. You might even be able to make a movie ????

It wasn't his first post!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It wasn't his first post!

When I read it he had only 10 responses to his nickname and all were from this thread so I assumed it was his 1st. Sorry if I was wrong, so you can disregard the first sentence of my reply but I still stand behind the rest of it.

** Now I see he has some 11 posts already, but I first read it and replied from my phone and there I can only see the reputation, not the number of posts. **

Edited by LukKrueng
Adding

5 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:
On 7/27/2021 at 3:51 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

The most ridiculous suggestion so far.

And what would you have done LOU ???

I don't know, I'm not in that position but it would be something rational, not involving impersonating delivery drivers in order to trespass in someone else's home and actually kidnap the child.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:03 AM, ozbanglamung said:

This story is B.S and if true then Mr. A is the father of that child. I can tell you from bitter experience that the Birth Certificate would not have been changed without a DNA test. 

My mad Thai ex-wife got pregnant by a gay Akha hairdresser (honest!), but put my name on the baby's birth certificate in an effort to get support payments from me.  To change the father's details on the birth certificate cost her 2,000 baht for a police report stating that she had put the wrong name on the document.  I went with her (and the gay Akha hairdresser) to get the police report, and then onto the city admin office to get the birth certificate changed.  No DNA test, no blood test needed, but the baby was the spitting image of a gay Akha hairdresser! ????

• Haha 2

Firstly have you been giving any money to anyone, the mother, her family or even child benefit to someone else? If money has been involved for me its sounds like a scam.

So you do not know at this point if it is your child? If you did, then your embassy might help, US child kidnapped in Thailand might get some action happening, if child is believed to be in danger?

As others mention, name on birth certificate does not give any legal right to the man, marriage certificate does as does a court certificate of legal guardianship which needs to be applied for, often delayed until the child old enough to confirm in court.

If the child is returned to the mother, what happens then bearing mind you have no legal rights to look after the child unless you marry her?

Are you looking to get a lawyer for the mother rather than yourself? She is the one who needs to make a police report in first instance.

Right now it sounds like you are lacking the real picture of what is going on, and that's maybe where a lawyer can help you initially, hire someone to find out what is really going on and what happened before jumping to next step.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't know, I'm not in that position but it would be something rational, not involving impersonating delivery drivers in order to trespass in someone else's home and actually kidnap the child.

It's his own child how can he kidnap it i think it's more taking your own child back?? +it was just a wild idea . If it was my child i would do anything to get it back . 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's his own child how can he kidnap it i think it's more taking your own child back?? 

It's not his child; legally, it's the girl's.  The girl whom he was "just messing about with" [sic] said that she gave the child away when she was the only one with any authority over the child.   If he took it, he'd be the one doing the kidnapping.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 8:53 PM, jak2002003 said:

Are you sure the child is not better off with the new guy?

The mother gave the baby up straight away because she did not want to be a mum at 22 years old.

Real father spit with the mother and left the country knowing she was pregnant with his child.

The mother lied to officials to falsify the child's information on the birth certificate. 

As for saying the 'gave' the man the baby, I doubt that. More liked sold the baby to him.

Great parents there. Poor kid. 

probably not since the 'new guy' is a kidnapper and liar.. he will get thrown in jail for the document fraud in which he put his name on the birth certificate