My daughter has been Kidnapped, I know the kidnapper, and me and her mother want her back. Need to find a good child custody lawyer.

Tatsumi

35 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:
43 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The  mother voluntarily gave the child to the man, according to the OP, no fraud or "obtaining a child by deceit" on the new "father's" part.   The mother's just changed her mind, that's all.

think you should read the story again mate. I'd call adding a false father to a birth certificate - especially by deceit - fraudulent and obtaining a child be deceit - the child was obtained against the real father's wishes.

Think you should read the story again, mate.

He already had the child at that stage, the mother had given her to him.      With only one side of the story, what you'd call the birth certificate detail is irrelevant.

The OP is/was, to use his words, just messing about with the woman.   His wishes would be irrelevant as in that situation the child's control belonged solely to the single mother.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gillyflower said:

Are you sure that there is a baby?

Assuming the OP's story is true, why would the mother have taken him to the house where the baby was, and called the police,  if there was no baby?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

"" At this point both me and the mother are terrified because Mr. A has dissapered with the baby and we don't know where he lives or what his real name is.  ""

And intriguing this passage may be that the story is true in Thailand and if I understand correctly it is the mother who wants the baby. So good advice tell your mother to let go of her dream of becoming a grand mother and seek out a new wife with your mother's consent logically.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:35 PM, RichardColeman said:

Are you 100% sure about that ? My wife and I have taken care of a child since the day she was born as mother did not want her - moved on another man, too much bad memories, father wanted abortion, blah, blah, blah. etc.

Anyhow, father's name was not on the birth certificate. We asked the lady if she would lie and put my name on it later so that I could be the legal father without the need for adoption etc. 

Was told that it was impossible due to the fact the father had to have a blood test to be put in the birth certificate later. Now, I do not know if that is true, BUT, to get my half thai son from another lady in the UK a dual nationality I had to get the paper done in the uk and had to have the certificate stamped with blood from a finger (maybe they were just having a laugh on the day, but the papers I have have it).

So, my question would be the legalities of having him put his name on the certificate without a DNA test.  You may find that the guy will give up the child very easily if faced with baby fraud and obtaining a child by deceit ! 

Assuming he hasn't sold it on ...

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

Usually it's a brother.... 

Yeah but they didn't sound too familiar in the OP ... that's why I asked what the relationship was ...

Strikes me as pretty unusual to give up a baby whatever the circumstances ... (she 'didn't feel able to bring it up' at age 22?)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:
2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You forgot to offer an 'incentive'. Simple as that. I have a friend whose house was broken into, and their loot included his SUV that they found the keys to. The gated compound security guard disappeared the same day, which pointed to who might be responsible, but the police refused to investigate unless my friend paid them 100,000 baht.

Expand  

Yeah, right.

I could have added that his wife was so traumatised by the experience, the burglary and the reaction of the police, that she no longer wanted to live in the house and he moved back to his native Australia with her. Disappointing as I used to enjoy having a drink with him, but he's not the only friend I've had here who has fled back home. Maybe it's me ????

• Haha 2

Since your mother and father are both Thai , i geuss you are Thai and look Thai as well . Get yourself a Grab outfit go to the house and say you have a delivery and when she let's you in take the baby . If you care about having your own child back you will not let anything or anybody stop you . And when you have taken the baby let them call the police on you , you can proof by DNA that your the father . And you have Thai id and passport so it's not the word of them against that of a farang . It's Thai against Thai and your the real father right ?? Or did your wife have a short boom boom with mr A and it's actually his baby without you knowing about all of this . Sounds a bit strange even for a 22 year old Thai girl to give her kid to a stranger that she doesn't even know his name or adress or anything about . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hi there, i had close the same problem and i have tried to get my doughter tooks more than 2 years.

It makes no sense trying to deal with thirds.

Better you contact my lawyer in Pattaya.

I won with his support and got the full power of my doughter by family curt.

You can contact lawyer via <<<<Telephone number removed>>>>

Or <<<<Email address removed>>>>

Good luck!

Edited by metisdead
You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or Social Media addresses in posts or signatures.

Changing names on a Thai Birth Certificate is virtually impossible.  This is why its very important to put the correct information the time they create the birth certificate.

Are you going to reimburse the people for the money they spent caring for the baby while you sort this out.  If you win, they'll want reimbursement.

Good luck.

Next child be on the ball!

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

I am not an expert on the matter but a few things 

-You can not ask police to anything because on the paper you are a nobody 

- mother on the other hand should be able to press charges . Even if Mr A is on birth certificate , he does not have sole custody and mother can claim he stole the baby

- I have a feeling papers she signed was not to put him on birth certificate but to put baby up for adoption. 
- I would get a lawyer and send mother along with the lawyer to police station to file charges IF papers she signed was NOT for adoption 

- Same lawyer can take other guy to court.

- You should not be mentioned or involved in the paper anywhere because once again technically you a nobody.

- if/when things move and either police or courts ask for DNA , this is when you claim your father rights 

- Contacting Paweena foundation ( I think it’s the name ) might be wise , but again by the mother NOT you 

"Take It To The Courts"

Do do your due diligence correctly, search, and investigate your "English" speaking Thai Licensed Family Attorney. Get a copy of his license.

Unless you spend real money it (your story) will be discounted. The courts will order a DNA test to prove parentage. Don't embellish and be truthful in what you say.

On 7/22/2021 at 9:55 AM, phetphet said:

Why wait until you get Thai papers?. Go see a lawyer and get a case started now if getting the baby back is so important.

Don't forget the impact this will also have on the child who probably looks on the other guy as father now..

There's also the possibility that the other guy actually is the father. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 4:32 PM, Golden Triangle said:

A right cock & bull story if ever I heard one.

About as believable as the moon is made of ????

You mean to say it isn't made of cheese.

• Haha 1

Dumb atory. If it was true, you wouldn’t be sitting at your computer. If it is true somehow, get strapped, take the kid, destroy the paperwork, and execute the guy.  Bit that is hollywood <deleted> like your story.  If I am wrong, go for it.   No matter the outcome, it shounds like a greasy goddamn horror show.  Poor kid. 

Great first post. You've got talent. You can definitely make a novel out of it. But make sure to publish it in a western country where people don't know much about Thailand so they might even think it's based on a real story. You might even be able to make a movie ????

On 7/22/2021 at 7:50 PM, WineOh said:

dear me.

What an awful situation to be in.

How do people let themselves get into water this hot? 

condolences. 

I have an idea, but I'll be suspended again.

Another ridiculous Thai mother story.

Can't really blame the OP (if this story is even true). You'd never expect her to sell the baby to a random guy, would you? Even if you left the country for whatever reason (visa, work, personal).

But if anyone has lived in a village here they will know most mothers give their kids to elder relatives to raise in return for their pension (i.e.  young mother goes to work and sends money back) and that is a fate I wouldn't want for my child.

I am betting this is just a scam. Mother is in debt or new BF (Mr A) is in debt and they are playing shake farang piggy bank game and see how much money falls out.

What would the guy even want with the kid?

Edited by 2009

19 hours ago, BusyB said:

Yeah but they didn't sound too familiar in the OP ... that's why I asked what the relationship was ...

Strikes me as pretty unusual to give up a baby whatever the circumstances ... (she 'didn't feel able to bring it up' at age 22?)

For all we know this could be a new scam, e.g. Tiruk, I had your baby but I gave it away to Mr A because I couldn't afford to keep it, Mr Farang....on the way to save the day, without any proof of knowing if it is his child.

Now could it be that Mr A is the brother and Mr A's wife is playing along with the scam, while they are both actually the parents of the child and Mr Farang not knowing any different, I mean after all, has he not sighted any birth certificate translated, could it also be that Mr A is the husband/boyfriend of the alleged "mother" and the wife of Mr A is the "mother's" sister/cousin playing along with the scam, anything is possible. What do I mean by a scam, well, will there come a time were Mr A calls and says ok, you want the kid back, you pay me xyz, and once the money is transferred then the "mother" disappears as does Mr A and his wife ?

I recall when I first came to my wife's village 15 plus years ago, there I was laying in the hammock and the wife's sister who was in Phuket working as a bargirl could be heard on her mother's mobile on speaker having a conversation with her farang partner, i.e. farang would ring her mobile number, mother wouldn't answer knowing it was him, mother would then ring daughter in Phuket, farang ringing, then when her mobile rang again, mother would tell daughter in Phuket, going to answer so speak, mother answers mobile, hello and would say one minute, sleeping, sleeping and would then say to the daughter in Phuket in Thai to speak while putting her daughters mobile on speaker close to her (mothers mobile) where the daughter is speaking through so he could hear her speaking through it, why don't you answer your mobile farang would say, I have been trying to ring you for ages, solly Tiruk, my mobile broken, cannot see screen and sound doesn't work, have to buy a new one but have no money, then I heard him say, where are you, here in the village, I was sleeping, you don;t believe me, you can hear my mum answer the mobile, you want to talk to my mum, and she would tell her mum to talk to him, the mother would say a couple of words, Tom we miss you in broken English even though he only met her once, he could recognise it was the mother's voice, then the daughter in Phuket would say, what you still don't believe me, can't you hear the roosters in the back, oh yeh he said, sorry darling my heads playing with me, it's because I have been away from you for a few months, it's ok Tiruk she would say, then she would say, if I can borrow some money from some friends I will buy another mobile but I no have money, don't worry darling, I am going to send you 10,000 baht to buy a new one, no no is not enough Tiruk mobiles are 20,000 for a good one, but you work to hard and I don't won't you to worry, but I need to contact you, ok Tiruk if you sure I will buy a good one with the 20,000 you send me and show you the receipt, no need to show me darling I trust you.

This was my introduction to one of many Thai scams, and you wouldn't believe it, they ended up getting married, he built her a house, paid for a car and had a kid, then she peeeeeeeed him off and he lives overseas, paying for his kids private school fees among other things, which go into his mothers pocket because she goes to a public school.

Did I try and warn him, yep, but then he told her and she convinced him that I was jealous and a liar, that is when I let things take it course, i.e. allowed him to go ahead, build her house, buy her a car and furnish it, the rest is history, I give everyone a fair go once.

Welcome to Thailand.

• Like 1