Vaccine certificate and travel questions.

Hello all swaddee kap,

I plan to travel to Thailand within the next 12 -14 days and a few questions with regards to a vaccine certificate they seem to be asking me to upload when applying for a COE Pre Approval. 

I plan to travel on visa exempt (45 days from London, uk passport). 

It doesn't list anything on the official government website with regards to this, can anybody point me in the right direction as to what exactly it is they require, if anything?

I plan to get my 2nd jab on Sunday and am going to be staying in Bangkok for quarantine so I'm hoping I don't need to actually have the vaccine for 14 days before I can travel. is this rule still the same?

Am I right in only booking flights and hotel once the COE has been approved or should I book up my flights first as the website is a little confusing?

I under the assumption I only need the following docs for successful entry clearance:

Flight,

hotel, 

insurance, 

coe,

T.8 form, Do we have to print and fill this in before boarding, or will it be provided by the airline because they seem to give a link for it on the website,

declaration form,

Thailand plus app. 

I would appreciate any help with this matter,

Kind regards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jay2013 said:

I plan to travel on visa exempt (45 days from London, uk passport). 

It doesn't list anything on the official government website with regards to this, can anybody point me in the right direction as to what exactly it is they require, if anything?

Nothing required.

I plan to get my 2nd jab on Sunday and am going to be staying in Bangkok for quarantine so I'm hoping I don't need to actually have the vaccine for 14 days before I can travel. is this rule still the same?

No issue; no time after jabs (jabs not even required) for ASQ.

Am I right in only booking flights and hotel once the COE has been approved or should I book up my flights first as the website is a little confusing?

You have 15 days after pre-approval of the COE to upload flight and hotel bookings. You will need to upload insurance to get pre-approval.

T.8 form, Do we have to print and fill this in before boarding, or will it be provided by the airline because they seem to give a link for it on the website,

They where handing them out on the plane but if you can download before might as well.

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Are you applying to the Phuket Sandbox program or "Samui Plus"? As these do require proof of vaccination. otherwise, not needed.

Sheryl, general question as I look to traveling sometime in the next few months ...

What kind of 'proof of vaccination' does Thailand accept at the moment?

I have EU smartphone QR code, and yellow booklet and a certificate from the vaccinating unit.

11 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Sheryl, general question as I look to traveling sometime in the next few months ...

What kind of 'proof of vaccination' does Thailand accept at the moment?

I have EU smartphone QR code, and yellow booklet and a certificate from the vaccinating unit.

Check on the embassy or official consulate website where you will be applying for the COE for info about what will be accepted. The proof accepted depends upon the country you will departing from.

You can find a link for all the embassies and official consulates here. https://www.thaiembassy.org/

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Check on the embassy or official consulate website where you will be applying for the COE for info about what will be accepted. The proof accepted depends upon the country you will departing from.

You can find a link for all the embassies and official consulates here. https://www.thaiembassy.org/

I See, so they don't want to see something at immigration then .. thanks 

25 minutes ago, BusyB said:

I See, so they don't want to see something at immigration then .. thanks 

It could be asked for when entering the country and they would accept what was used to get the COE. But the COE is the most important thing you need.

• Thanks 1

I arrive back last week   for your coe  go to the site start uploading everything they ask  

my vacination papers  did load but kept coming Back up load your vaxine papers so i left this out

i sent this off and got The PRE COE APPROVALback in the mail  so look in your spam box to

once you get this you have 15 days to get your hotel booking and flight; 

when you have this you upload to your application  note in the first round you do ,you get an  6 digit number record cos u need to login to do the next part

when you have all your travel documents and hotel booking  up load this and send i have my coe 4 hours later 

note in your first part application you need insurance 

tm8 u can print out and fill in by hand 

when u arrive in bkk you will be asked for your passport  your Coe  your insurance and your booking from your hotel when you are finished with passport control the people have your name and hotel on paper and will guide you to your transport  

i made a plastic folder of all this and copied twice was easy took about half hour to get through .

i have 6 days to go

now there is no 1 hour out of your room for some air  it is 14 days in your room and no laundry  

if you need sheets or towells it is change yourself and wash yourself .

i wish you sucess 

thanks for the info guys, i read on another topic that I should wait for the pre approval to be confirmed first before uploading the flight and hotel bookings, is this correct? there is a 'attach documents for further consideration' part on the pre approval part of the application form. should I drop the flight and hotel booking in here or wait until it gets confirmed and then book the dates I want to travel as I've read once your pre approval gets confirmed, you normally get you COE on the same day you upload you flight and hotel bookings. 

on the pre approval, its asking for contact details in Thailand, seeing as I haven't booked a hotel yet. Should I leave this blank or could I use my wife place and number, which is where I intend to travel to once I finish quarantine? 

2 hours ago, mikecha said:

I arrive back last week   for your coe  go to the site start uploading everything they ask  

my vacination papers  did load but kept coming Back up load your vaxine papers so i left this out

how did you leave this out? it doesn't let me save the application and just keeps reloading the page asking for a vaccine certificate? 

any help appreciated guys, I'm trying to complete the pre approval part of the COE application, but it doesn't let me save and move on to the next section because the system is asking for a vaccine certificate.

When you have had 2nd jab download the NHS app complete a million questions and you can retrieve your covid passport with a QR code for each jab download and attach it to your COE to be safe wait 14 days after there is bound to be some eagle eyed jobsworth ready with a red pen ????

10 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

any help appreciated guys, I'm trying to complete the pre approval part of the COE application, but it doesn't let me save and move on to the next section because the system is asking for a vaccine certificate.

Save is send and you have to attach everything twice as I found out on the million time????

Edited by sammieuk1

4 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

When you have had 2nd jab download the NHS app complete a million questions and you can retrieve your covid passport with a QR code for each jab download and attach it to your COE to be safe wait 14 days after there is bound to be some eagle eyed jobsworth ready with a red pen ????

I plan to travel to Bangkok for quarantine and other posters have mentioned they have travelled without the vaccine cert, I'm going to be double jabbed when I travel but I dont want to wait 14 days!.... I do get what you mean about them being jobsworths however. 

1 minute ago, Jay2013 said:

so I need to upload all the documents in each section twice? ridiculous! 

You drag and drop or browse for the doc then it opens in the COE there is a little tab or 3 I think and that attaches and uploads missed this countless times ????

8 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Are you actually uploading them before saving?

560324854_(8).png.51e916ddbc4094bb578654c2586438f9.png

Yes I'm uploading the passport and insurance docs like this perfectly fine, its just the vaccine cert it keeps asking me for which is causing the issue when you click the save and submit it just reloads the page and asks for the cert which members mentioned is not needed. 

2 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

its just the vaccine cert it keeps asking me for which is causing the issue when you click the save and submit

Sorry but out of ideas in that case, haven't seen/read of anyone else having this issue so far.

4 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Sorry but out of ideas in that case, haven't seen/read of anyone else having this issue so far.

Im baffled as to why its asking me for a cert if i selected asq bangkok at the start of the ceo pre approval.

Stressful to say the least. 

5 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

Im baffled as to why its asking me for a cert if i selected asq bangkok at the start of the ceo pre approval.

The system was changed earlier in May when they dropped the requirements (then fairly quickly reimposed them), at that time vaccination status was important as it determined actual quarantine time. It will be again so guess they can't be bothered amending the site again.

Edited by Salerno