Vaccine certificate and travel questions.

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

The system was changed earlier in May when they dropped the requirements (then fairly quickly reimposed them), at that time vaccination status was important even for ASQ. It will be again so guess they can't be bothered amending the site again.

This is how bored I 'am waiting for that approval ...... and is there now a vet in the house ????

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

Yes I'm uploading the passport and insurance docs like this perfectly fine, its just the vaccine cert it keeps asking me for which is causing the issue when you click the save and submit it just reloads the page and asks for the cert which members mentioned is not needed. 

Your best bet is to email the visa section of the embassy with your issue...they were quite fast at responding when I had issues last year...it was a bit of a nightmare I recall and dreading starting again next week.

Dont book your flights or hotel before you get your COE pre approval...you just put in flight numbers and hotel your thinking of using. Remember to make a note of your...I think 6 digit pre approval COE number which you see on the screen as you need this to log on... otherwise you will have to start again...good luck

11 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

The vaccine bit should be east type, date if your trying to fill it in with a future date ie Sunday that could be your problem????

I tried that also by just using the date of my first jab, but no luck ????

Update:

I finally got it to work, by just leaving the vaccine section completely blank. I plan on getting my second jab and taking a vaccine passport print out with me and if I get questioned, it clearly says no vaccine needed for asq anyway so technically I'm doing nothing wrong, il tell them the issue I had with their website! I got a 6 digit code in an email and it says I should get a response within 3 working days. 

It says at the bottom in red when I received my 6 digit code:

Very Important: gives the info about the 3 days and then 15 to upload the ticket and hotel.

Under it gives a link to the coethailand.mfa.go.th website and click confirm trip menu? 

do they mean after I've uploaded the ticket and hotel documents??

Thanks for all the input guys and il keep this thread updated and let everybody knows what happens.

Edited by Jay2013
  • Like 1

Update 2:

To my amazment, I have received an email confirming my application already! The jobsworths aint actually being jobsworths for once!

Time to crack open a beer and look for a nice hotel in Pattaya with a sea view hopefully :)) and flights obviously. 

Edited by Jay2013
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

Time to crack open a beer and look for a nice hotel in Pattaya with a sea view hopefully :))

Congrats!

Best Bella has had fairly consistent good reviews. Can't say the rooms look that crash hot to me but given you're locked in for 14 days straight now the large water view balconies certainly would be appreciated I would imagine: https://thaiest.com/bookings/alsq/best-bella-pattaya

24 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Congrats!

Best Bella has had fairly consistent good reviews. Can't say the rooms look that crash hot to me but given you're locked in for 14 days straight now the large water view balconies certainly would be appreciated I would imagine: https://thaiest.com/bookings/alsq/best-bella-pattaya

cheers mate, will check that hotel out, anybody got any experience with Amber Hotel Pattaya? looks good for the price.

Quick question with regards to my COE, Can I book a flight and hotel earlier than the dates I intended/gave them on the pre approval form online, as I would like to travel by the end of next week?

anybody got any experience with Amber Hotel Pattaya?

Have a look through a FB group I've been keeping an eye on, reviews/pics from people in the ASQ hotels, helpful bunch of people if you have questions and the hotel reps monitor the group too. In fact, results of a search for Amber Hotel: https://www.facebook.com/groups/298606387906884/search/?q=amber hotel pattaya

I could live with this view from a balcony at Best Bella though:

158898709_3753018528126207_2397013538987

Can I book a flight and hotel earlier than the dates I intended/gave them on the pre approval form online, as I would like to travel by the end of next week?

Yes, go for it, sooner you leave the better IMO, unlikely they'll start closing the border again ... but it's been a funny old year+

Edited by Salerno

59 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Have a look through a FB group I've been keeping an eye on, reviews/pics from people in the ASQ hotels, helpful bunch of people if you have questions and the hotel reps monitor the group too. In fact, results of a search for Amber Hotel: https://www.facebook.com/groups/298606387906884/search/?q=amber hotel pattaya

I could live with this view from a balcony at Best Bella though:

158898709_3753018528126207_2397013538987

Yes, go for it, sooner you leave the better IMO, unlikely they'll start closing the border again ... but it's been a funny old year+

Thats is a lovely view indeed, do they let you order stuff from 7-11?  I want to leave asap rather than in 2 weeks  just incase something changes as you mention mate, u defo sure it wont cause an issue if i submit earlier bookings vs when i told them i intend on leaving on pre approval? 

Thanks again for your input and help. 

Dont know what is situation now but earlier they let vaxxed people out from ASQ in 7 or 10 days. Reason they ask are you vaxxed or not. Think that chance back to 14 days actualy 15.

Edited by 2 is 1

33 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

Thats is a lovely view indeed, do they let you order stuff from 7-11? 

Not sure, off the top of my head I remember someone mentioning "ordering everything" in a post but haven't been paying that much attention as likely to do quarantine in Bangkok when I can escape. The view from the balcony got my attention though and thought of it when you mentioned popping a beer and sea view. I think the pics/videos I saw of the rooms had shower over bath which is almost a deal breaker for me.

Given your timelines I'd pop into the group (linked above) and just post a query re exactly what you are looking for and when, especially since the clamp down best to try and get up to date info. Plus could be faster if the reps reply on FB than you having to search and contact places individually. For some reason Avanti (sp?) is popping into my head too, another hotel in Pattaya with sea view balconies?

33 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

u defo sure it wont cause an issue if i submit earlier bookings vs when i told them i intend on leaving on pre approval?

Yeah, there's no way you can be 100% accurate on initial application for the pre-approval given not everyone will book flights before receiving that, so I'm sure a lot of people will have been in the same situation. People have even changed flights after getting the final COE (had to get a new one reissued but no one that I've seen had any hassles with that).

Edited by Salerno

12 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Dont know what is situation now but earlier they let vaxxed people out from ASQ in 7 or 10 days. Reason they ask are you vaxxed or not.

Sadly that didn't last long and now it's even stricter than before - only allowed out of room for swab tests, no room cleaning, change your own sheets etc.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

do they let you order stuff from 7-11?

Actually, not confirming 7, but from a post 2 days ago from a guy in quarantine there now:

427087318_Thailand-ASQ-Hotels-Facebook(2).png.67492c8421a6fced808abf0adfb53883.png

And the ASQ  menu (if you can zoom in):

217992821_4312402332150428_7654836897630

218443542_4312413585482636_2397002101447

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jay2013 said:

Quick question with regards to my COE, Can I book a flight and hotel earlier than the dates I intended/gave them on the pre approval form online, as I would like to travel by the end of next week?

You can change your reservations and etc but you have to inform the the embassy to get the COE changed.

17 hours ago, Jay2013 said:

how did you leave this out? it doesn't let me save the application and just keeps reloading the page asking for a vaccine certificate? 

realy  i had the same problem 

and then left out this part   and sent it off  got the pre approval

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can change your reservations and etc but you have to inform the the embassy to get the COE changed.

You mean if i already have the COE allowing me to fly to bangkok, then i would have to inform the embassy right? I just have confirmation of pre approval. 

6 hours ago, Jay2013 said:

You mean if i already have the COE allowing me to fly to bangkok, then i would have to inform the embassy right?

Yes.

6 hours ago, Jay2013 said:

I just have confirmation of pre approval. 

Which is why you can book earlier flight with no hassle.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

How long should I expect to get a reply from them in, with regards to them approving my COE and issuing it? 

Depends on the Embassy, can range from within an hour to weeks (some embassies holding off on issuing those far in advance applications).

Edited by Salerno

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

Depends on the Embassy, can range for hours to weeks (some embassies holding off on issuing those far in advance applications).

thank god I've received my decision quickly. 

thanks for all the help and input everybody. 

• Like 1