Thailand reports another record high of 14,575 coronavirus cases and 114 deaths

webfact

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So true..................

"Every day seems to be a new record high. How long will it be until we reach a daily average of 20,000? The Thai government has #@%& up big time. They lost the opportunity to nip it in the bud last year by being too complacent and now it’s going to take months to turn this around."

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1418373137289207809

Given that one month ago, June 23, there were 3,174 cases it souldn't be long. Early August at this rate.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So worse and worse by the day. It will not be long before 20,000 cases that are reported officially the way this trend is going. The government must be really proud of themselves. (sarcasm intended).

Although you're being sarcastic I think you maybe correct and the so called "government" seems to actually be proud of themselves and therein lies the problem.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, smedly said:

oh dear, per capita the numbers in pattaya and siracha are the higher than Bangkok, with testing levels much lower - houston we have a problem

Even worse in Samut Sakhon. Per capita I believe this province to be the highest in the country.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

Ventilators withheld for certain patients. Very sad development but Thailand is in good company. Sweden was even worse. They took a political decision to prioritize people still contributing to society, verbal orders to retirement homes to not send elderly in need of hospital care to hospitals. Verbal orders only of course but some were so appalled by it that they refused to keep quiet. 

That's what happens when health care systems are near collapse. That's the main reason why lockdowns are crucial. And we're just at the beginning of it in Thailand ???? 

Not only was this vulnerable group here not prioritized for vaccination, they are now also being left to die.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, smedly said:

it seems this governemnt can only focus on one place "Bangkok" the so called epicentre - but reality is they need to focus perhaps even more on places like Pattaya and Siracha - it is ridiculous to expect people to travel to Bangkok for a vaccine into a crowded area were they are very likely to get infected if they weren't already - this will then spread the virus even further - just another failure on top of the many 

They need to start sharing what little vaccine there is out to other provinces and virus hotspots like Pattaya - their inability to understand simple numbers and vaccine deployment strategy and safety is another massive failure

Don't have people people travelling to the vaccine - bring the vaccine to them - if I could visit a walk in centre that was safe and properly controlled in Pattaya - I would be there tomorrow but only if AZ

I see no point in accepting sinovac for various reasons 

That and the fact the highway to and from Bangkok is wide open no checkpoints.  There are a few new people in my building this week I know they came from BKK saw their plates.  So, if you don't go there (BKK) they are still coming here to Pattaya.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

That and the fact the highway to and from Bangkok is wide open no checkpoints.  There are a few new people in my building this week I know they came from BKK saw their plates.  So, if you don't go there (BKK) they are still coming here to Pattaya.

they are supposed to quarantine are they not - what chance of that happening 

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

That and the fact the highway to and from Bangkok is wide open no checkpoints. 

Just curious... what's your basis for that info?  Just asking, because of course, the govt claims they set up all kinds of checkpoints along the highways into/out of BKK.

People can still travel between provinces, supposedly, if they've registered and/or have some legitimate reason to be doing so.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, robblok said:

Lik i said yesterday they switched strategy. They can't get them down so now they aim for higher numbers each day. They seem to be succeeding. If the goal is not obtainable.. reset the goal posts. ????

I believe your Govt, banned Dutch persons from travelling to Thailand on holiday from yesterday. 

Certainly there will be more countries to follow.

Sandbox in tatters, economy devastated and the PM is blaming rule breakers for his own, and his government's total incompetence and failure. 

There is real trouble ahead, make no mistake. 

• Like 2

Just now, smedly said:

India is still raging - it has also been widely reported that the death toll could be in 6 figures 

I heard it's now centred in 10 states. Of course there's also the rural areas where it pretty much not reported.

• Like 1