Thailand reports another record high of 14,575 coronavirus cases and 114 deaths

webfact

21 minutes ago, smedly said:
33 minutes ago, sapson said:

Has anyone managed to buy a Covid test kit from their local pharmacy yet? they were said to be available this week but I havent seen any at the moment.

as I keep saying - I would rather buy a test kit that told me if I had already had the virus - I don't need a test kit to tell if I have it

We are all different, I can get a cheap antibody test at local lab to see if I already had the virus.

Now I would like an antigen test and was enquiring about their availability as a role out at pharmacies was indicated for this week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Not possible to undermine any confidence in Sinovac, nobody has confidence in it now

Apart from the Thai government whom I believe have been fully vaccinated with AZ.

26 minutes ago, sapson said:

We are all different, I can get a cheap antibody test at local lab to see if I already had the virus.

Now I would like an antigen test and was enquiring about their availability as a role out at pharmacies was indicated for this week.

Did you get the antibody test?Do you know if the antibody tests are widely available?

• Like 1

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has revealed that Phang Nga and Krabi provinces are preparing to welcome foreign tourists back under the "Andaman Sandbox” scheme, which is scheduled to launch on August 1, 2021.

Read more: https://facebook.com/130075662049/posts/10158155438027050/…

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Different vaccine, mRNA versus AZ. Also more older people in the US may have refused vaccines. They contribute more towards hospitalizations.

Both help explain the difference.

The suggested effectiveness of mRNA against hospitalization is 96% vs AZ 92%.

This delta would hardly help explain the difference.

That 40% of those in hospital in the UK are vaccinated, goes against what I have been told about vaccine effectiveness.

Vaccines highly effective against hospitalisation from Delta variant - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

With COVID-19 shots reaching billions of people, reports have grown more common of people being infected with the coronavirus despite being vaccinated. Just as a natural infection does not guarantee protection from reinfection with the virus, neither does immunisation provide a perfect shield, according to Bloomberg.

Still, those who have immunity – either from vaccination or infection – carry a fraction of the risk of those who have none. Breakthrough cases among the immunised are a reminder that as long as the pandemic virus is prevalent in the world, it remains a threat to everyone, Bloomberg said.

May be an image of one or more people and text

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158157327767050

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

TIMELINE: Pattaya and Banglamung informs residents who visited places in relation to the most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

List of places here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/23/timeline-pattaya-and-banglamung-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-the-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases/

• Thanks 1

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 37: 322,488

DAY 38: 303,036

DAY 39: 289,998

DAY 40: 307,134

DAY 41: 93,273 <— Saturday

DAY 42: 74,834 <— Sunday

DAY 43: 248,648

DAY 44: 257,876

DAY 45: 279,576

DAY 46: 304,243

TOTAL: 11,288,418 doses

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1418435958530138117

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

The suggested effectiveness of mRNA is 96% vs AZ 92%.

This delta would hardly  help explain the difference.

That 40% of those in hospital in the UK are vaccinated, goes against what I have been told about vaccine effectiveness.

Vaccines highly effective against hospitalisation from Delta variant - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

In addition the UK originally ordered 100 million of AZ and the same amount 100 million of Pfizer vaccines, thats why the UK are also able to include Pfizer in its real life studies

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Didn't the PM baulk at his first jab.

Perhaps brand he didn't like? 

I don’t think so. If I recall he was due to get AZ, but then heard about blood clots so delayed a bit, but then went ahead with AZ anyway.

The latest map for #Thailand shows every province has at least one #COVID19 case today. Three provinces (green) have 1-10 cases, 24 provinces (yellow) have 11-50 cases, 12 provinces (orange) have 51-100 cases and 38 provinces (red) have more than 100 cases.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1418441900000878599

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Are you 100% confident that you will be able to obtain AZ for your second shot in the required time frame?

I wouldn't be completely confident. Possible on offer sinovac or nothing.

I suppose anything is possible but I regard that as a pretty remote possibility.

3 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Ventilators withheld for certain patients. Very sad development but Thailand is in good company. Sweden was even worse. They took a political decision to prioritize people still contributing to society, verbal orders to retirement homes to not send elderly in need of hospital care to hospitals. Verbal orders only of course but some were so appalled by it that they refused to keep quiet. 

That's what happens when health care systems are near collapse. That's the main reason why lockdowns are crucial. And we're just at the beginning of it in Thailand ???? 

Logan's Run.....is coming!

• Haha 1

If all these new case figures are true, then by the number of new arrivals, clearly can not be due to any newly entering travelers.  If so, then why keep blaming incoming tourists or expats or other travelers, that have tested negative prior to travel, have all sorts of mandatory COVID insurance, and could all be vaccinated prior to travel if required to do so?

• Like 1

If you haven’t watched it already, can I recommend watching the panel discussion hosted by

@FCCThai

and

@pakhead

last night on “Thailand’s Vaccine Strategy: What went wrong?” You can watch on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/EpsYMPfH8KQ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1418442985671331841

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

If all these new case figures are true, then by the number of new arrivals, clearly can not be due to any newly entering travelers.  If so, then why keep blaming incoming tourists or expats or other travelers, that have tested negative prior to travel, have all sorts of mandatory COVID insurance, and could all be vaccinated prior to travel if required to do so?

I think you might be a tad confused.  No one is blaming the tourists for the numbers Thailand has.  The only issue are in the Sandbox and Samui+ locations where vaccinated tourists who have tested positive have been whisked off to hospitals and those with them taken to quarantine locations.

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Friday :

Since 1 April

438,844 people infected (+13 imported and +14,562 local)

3,717 dead +114

143,744 in care

3,984 in ICU and 900 on ventilators

7,775 discharged from careImage

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1418444327072657409

• Thanks 1